The Blessing... and Curse of Gard's Avatar

Noticed people loving Black Beast…

Ragnagord
Black Beast
Forest Guardian
Abynissia

Orc banner

One surge powers Ragnagord, explode, eat him, summon IKs to chump block, make skulls, etc. Amazing synergy.

Yeah, I found the first turn possibility was only happening about 33% of the time. About 1 in 3 matches felt fast. About all I used her for outside of that first turn possibility was as a very rare cleanse.
I don’t use looping teams against troops who freeze. Its certainly not a be all end all team. I use this team when I feel like having a bit of fun.

Edit…Oh I now see the confusion some thought I meant just a straight swap of mercy for golden cog without reordering the team lol. Yep I can be vague.
Hellcat
Alchemist
Gard
Golden Cog
Dragon banner…Enjoy.

@efh313 mate, I have to hold my hands up and say you are 100% right. I don’t know why it never occurred to me to just skull bait the opponent but this team has just won about 50 battles in a row against all sorts of teams. Thanks so much for the detailed explanation :blush:

2 Likes

You PC people don’t know what you are missing out on. Wait until you can’t bait with skulls anymore!

2 Likes

That’s the part that I’m having apprehensions about. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking it will be.

1 Like

I lost to a Justice team first turn today. I offered it skulls. :wink:

2 Likes

Talking about Gard’s Avatar - have other peeps noticed that almost every AI troop that can target an enemy with a spell, will always target GA if it has >13 mana accrued?

ie famine, spirit fox, manticore etc etc

1 Like

Agree… I think (in general) the AI often targets the ‘biggest’ threat, so aims for Gard. Mana Drain troops seem to target the one with most mana - they also seem to wait until someone has 10-12+ mana before draining.

2 Likes

It won’t be that bad, at least with this Gard team. While baiting with skulls is probably the safest way to play it I usually don’t - I just use any 4+ matches before firing Gard. Unless there’s opp’s Bone Dragon or Famine ready to cast, that’s another story of course, just not that very common.

That’s exactly how I play my team on console. I use a couple variants of Gard teams that are a little different than the standard one. I’ve found one in particular safer and more reliable, but instakill to the Gard is still obviously a problem.