The Adventure Board - A step back?

Also on daily tasks, while there were a lot of terrible ones in the pool, there seemed to be a stock that were much more likely than the others that included multiple 6 and 10 gem payout tasks including the “use 3 troops of (color)”, “use a full team of same kingdom/same color/same type”, a bunch of specific ones that repeated frequently (the use a x troop type team 15 times - Monsters, Constructs, Knights, etc, 15 battles, 10 gems each - so frequently that I had team slots or even delves devoted to teams like this that I could swap things around on to cover specific colors or kingdoms). On the other side of “frequently” appearing “not gems” tasks took up less of the table, but people will likely remember these as the ones they were constantly repicking - the zhul’kari 4 maps map task, the khaziel 2k gold task, the khetar 100 souls task, the whitehelm 40 glory task, and the adana 25 gold key tasks. Also on here were the Broken Spire for 8 battles for 3 gem keys, which I generally kept, and a couple others. These would commonly repeat more than once in the same week. Then we have the high value ones that one or two of would appear on average about per week per account each including “obtain 40 trophies” (20 gems), “donate 50k gold (12 gems)”, “complete 75 battles (30 gems)”, “25 ranked PvP battles (20 gems)” but also with this appearance rate was “treasure hunt x5 for 40 glory”.

Far far less often were the tasks granting 3 gems, 2000 gold, 5 glory keys or 2 maps… these requested 6 or less battles, containing various troop types or kingdoms, but they just rarely came up, and I noticed no bias for these types of tasks on even my “lower level” accounts. It is very possible this is one of those things that was “bugged the entire time” and it was “always intended” that we get flooded with these crappy, low value tasks… my opinion the entire time is that these tasks were never intended to appear on the bottom 3 slots and were always “daily auto-refresh” top material where the effort/reward ratios were more in line. At this point, with the system dead, it is hard to tell, but lets hope they didn’t base their “gem value” calculations off this “working as intended” if it didn’t.

Speaking of the “daily refresh” slot, I haven’t talked about that yet. This spot didn’t generally give gems - just 8 arena wins for 10 gems as the only one that comes to memory, it might have had a couple of 3 gems tasks maybe, most were very low effort glory key or 2k gold tasks. My favorite in terms of resource gains were the “level a troop to 16 for 1000 souls”, “level a troop to 18 for 1200 souls”, and “forge a trait for 2 gem keys”, each of which appeared about 4-8 times per week across 4 accounts. The “change your armor for 1 glory key” was stupid and came up at least once a week per account, but hey, free glory key I guess. I saw people repicking these sometimes when they had non-gems on their lower three slots - this was not the way to go if you wanted good rewards from that system, since they’d refresh anyways if you didn’t complete them.

Because of this, and the constant decently high amount of gems on the snotstone table, I actually think 250 may be lowballing it a bit, but I’m using this estimate to be as fair as possible.

Anyways, preliminary analysis of Adventure Boards rewards done here:

TL;DR: Task rewards and number of tasks per tier are known variables. The ratios of task appearance is a rough estimate, and the value of the table changes based on what appearance ratios we use, but the amount of gems won’t change significantly unless the legendary ratio is significantly off the estimated value, or hidden weighting toward gems appearing on the tasks is discovered (highly unlikely). My basic feeling is that gems may actually be set up to be similar as before (after adding the ~168/wk from the “kill” task slot, not represented on the sheet), but they seem to have shifted a lot of “gem value” from gem/event keys to shards and traitstones, and maybe a bit of it to “other”. Which are lower value rewards based on their value plateaus and value caps, whether or not they are “useful” to the person getting them.

5 Likes