The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Stone Round: 4 vs 5

My assumption is because how weak boar is on rare.

How is 11 damage + a free turn weak?

Point me where I said his spell is weak? It’s decent.
It’s 18 hp is what makes him weak.

Arguing with you seems unfair since it is not my battle/debate, and making a point here could help the other competitor. I’ve tried to make a fair, and simple, comment on my personal view on how this battle could develope itself and the possible outcome.

1 Like

Hey no worries, I was just trying to get some details on your position so I could better defend my case. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, and there are a lot of ways of interpreting the match-up. Thanks for chiming in though, it’s better when it’s not just the two of us quote-jacking and trying to one-up each other.

That’s still too much for you to one-shot him unless you get lucky :wink:

Agreed with this 100%. Would be so cool to see everyones opinion really :slight_smile:

1 Like

But it’s a delicate thing how the votes are made, a lot of factors come in:

• Do i like “this guy” or “that guy” better from what he posts on the forums? (We can be diplomatic and well behaved, but we can’t like everyone the same all the time.)

• Do i like the troop he picked or despise the one the other choosed? (Based on rarity (not the pony @PowerPlay =P) , raw power, unique traits…)

• Does “this strategy” or “that strategy” seems the most likely to work for me? (Player experience and general vision of the game enters in the mix and is highly influenced and even improved by the debate itself.)

So maybe for the next serie @TaliaParks could brainstorm with anyone helping her on this particular subject. Should we all just vote or maybe do some moderate comments to not put more pressure against the competitors?

1 Like

You forgot the most important factor:

5 Likes

Wow is that the Giant Maw? :open_mouth:

The general idea is to let the public vote with little to no restrictions. Sure it can lead to some weird results, but I am learning a lot of how the community thinks.

It’s actually not pretty, I’m having to consider banning certain Troops because people can’t get over their “blah and blah is OP” mindsets.

I have no skin in this game, but personally I would rather see maybe a 1-point “handicap” imposed on what are considered powerhouse troops rather than banning them outright. It’s fun to see people picking from the full selection of what’s available.

2 Likes

I value your input @Lyya, and that IS one of the options moving forward. Another is assigning a separate point value to each Troop.

I do have to add though, I spent the last 24 hours trying to bring logic into the “OP” discussions and the result was akin to smashing my head into a brick wall repeatedly. You can continually prove someone wrong and their response never changes.

2 Likes

I think the general approach is that people refer to “OP” as something that is plainly simple to setup and usually easy to use in order to overcome the A.I. There are troops better than others, and all the cards are being changed, nerfed or improved, to bring more balance and diversity given the time.

But while we can’t always agree to the points made by others we should at least try “more”, not “harder”, to keep a good discussion.

• By “more” i mean we should look from the perspective of the other, you don’t need to discard your view, just give a chance for some experimentation and picture a bigger horizon than your own.

• By “harder” i mean pointing fingers, or trying to look down on our fellows players or win the argument.

2 Likes

Let’s go @Bobomb! Hydra crazysexycool.

2 Likes

The biggest issue I see with banning/handicapping certain troops is the notion that it was made in this matchup. Neither competitor in this particular match has an overpowered troop, (Gorgotha is, amongst others), in this perticular matchup I see the main issue is Synergy, both teams have it. I do use the “Green Giant” Core both with Cresendo and Boar and it’s very powerful and 200+ matches later not a single loss. Runesmith couples well with Rowana and Paliden but the troops themselves are not OP, I don’t even believe Celestesia is OP as any troop that gains an extra turn hits it and removes barrier and follows up, it would be unfair to tax a troop that is maybe a little better then good on its own because if they manage to pick the troops well with it then they can steamroll, cause with the “Tax” is the next player drafts the team member that would make the engine work you are just left with a better then ok troop that doesn’t work well in the team and inhibbits team development…

I do have a suggestion though, perhaps players can be allowed “trait points” (which can be tradable) and for each trait they unlock the need to spend a point (getting the 3rd trait on a troop means spending 3 points as you will have to unlock the trait above it as well) a good starting point for this would be 8, that’s enough to fully trait 2 troops and have 2 points left over, anyhow, just food for thought

2 Likes

So you may get a lucky shot and take out Boar Rider after 6-7 turns. How many times can you get bitten by the Hydra and survive? The combo also provides skull matches for free (4-5), still don’t lose a turn. Check out the Screenshots!

Wow congrats on posting a screen shot of you win against al team in challenge game that is very bad. After how many tries did you manage to win that bad team and lost a screen shot? :slight_smile:
Oh btw our whole debating was about your boar rider being a total of 18 hp troop and how he will die. In your screen shoot you have assecnsion you have kingdoms, so don’t try to persude people with lame tricks. Paladin that has sscended and has kingdoms leveled would beat your boar in that situation too in just one shot. So don’t try those lame tricks editing top part of debate with some stupid screen shots.

Hey @DonBoba, how about some Screenshots of your team actually beating something, instead of all the tough talk? Maybe if no one uses it in the actual game, there’s a reason :scream:

Sorry that I won’t post irrelevant screen shoots of defeating al team in challenges xD
At least my team would do it after the first try, I wouldn’t have to try It 10 times to take a screen shoot of winning like you had to :slight_smile: