The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Announcement/Registration

Bumping this, hoping to gather more interest.

Kind of have to say, little surprised by the lack of it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to convince some guildies. We must get 8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would be willing to give it a shot!

3 Likes

Been having a bit of trouble catching up on all the topics as of late, havenā€™t gotten back to this since itā€™s initial posting. :confounded:

Count me in! Iā€™m always up for unique and fun ideas. :thumbsup:
Just tag me when you need me!

3 Likes

Alright, I have 1 slot open for an 8-man Series.

So far I have;

@Studs
@actreal
@Royalty
@Shiratori
@PowerPlay
@Grimmorith
@Zelfore

1 Like

I donā€™t mind participating, even though I didnā€™t completely understand how it works. Hopefully Iā€™ll pick up on the details eventually.

Iā€™d be happy to answer your (or anyone elseā€™s, even non-participating users) questions and hopefully you will still be interested.

The main thing I donā€™t understand is how exactly the troops are chosen. No specific question, the whole thing is just unclear to me. I still want to participate, just might need some explanation what I have to do.

@yonizaf

Troops will be chosen like a sports draft, and it will almost be exactly like Arena (with rarities separated into the rounds). The big difference compared to Arena is that once a Troop is chosen, it cannot be picked by another, as where in Arena you may fight an enemy Team with the same card(s) as you.

1 Like

Iā€™m not familiar with sports drafts, so the comparison does not help.

Does it mean each participant can choose any troop in the game, assuming it is not chosen by another? Or will it be like arena, where each participant has to choose from a small number of cards presented to them?

@yonizaf

Alrighty, so Round 1(and 3rd) is Legendary, say you pick 3rd. The first two users pick Bone Dragon and Abhorath. You can pick any Legendary that isnā€™t those two.

Round 2 (and 4th) is Epic, you would pick 5th and get to choose any Troop left after the first 4 are chosen.

Round 5 is for banners. I will randomize the draft order specifically for this round. Same rules, pick a banner, cannot choose one already taken.

2 Likes

Not to confuse anyone, but i thought the rounds were as follow:

• Round 1 (legendaries)
  • Round 2 (epics)
  • Round 3 (ultra rare)
  • Round 4 (common/rare)

Or did you decide to change now that we are playing with 8?

Edit: sorry, i get it now, you were explaining the draft order :wink:

2 Likes

Well once I get confirmation from @yonizaf or any other user I will be making a Draft thread with the rules explained again.

You were right about the rounds though.

1 Like

Iā€™ll play. I hope I got it right. if not, just tell me if I do something wrong.

1 Like

Alrighty then, we have the 8 users we need to do this. With an initial run we will hopefully demonstrate how everything works and garner more interest for future Series.

The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series will be participated by;

@Studs
@actreal
@Royalty
@Shiratori
@PowerPlay
@Grimmorith
@Zelfore
@yonizaf

I will make the Draft thread and determine draft orders and send you all PMs when itā€™s ready to go!

Anyone who is interested in participating, feel free to still post here and I will add your name to the list for the next Series.

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested

1 Like

Bumping this.

I think there should be a tad more interest if you were to check out the Draft process: The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Draft (and apparently Discussion as well)

There will be a reward system in place for the next Series as well, to provide a little compensation for your time spent and to thank participants.

Iā€™ve been enjoying the draft!

Me too! I put a surprising amount of thought into my selections, and Iā€™m really excited to see how folks build out their teams. I think Iā€™m most excited of all for someone to make a pick that totally screws over someone else :smiling_imp:

1 Like

You already did that for me.

1 Like