The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: 7 vs 10

@Tacet, thanks for your support! :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve never said Wight insta-fills Bone Dragon. Just assuming that Iā€™ll make some Purple or Brown matches or get some fill via Behemoth along the way. I see Wight as ā€œcompleting the fillā€ not ā€œinsta-fillā€. My pointā€™s been that my team is so tanky, and does so much damage once it gets rolling, that I can get filled slower and still win handily.

But bone dragon is mana blocked through behemoth. And stoneskin is the hard check to that anyway. Along with the healer in sunweaver. I would not lose to this line up. Itā€™s just people see the BD and donā€™t consider the rest.

And Valkyrie is countered by your own Stone Giant stealing its Red, and Warlock is blocked by Stone Giant, and Sunweaver is blocked by Stone Giant and Warlockā€¦ All I have to do is take Yellow matches and your team slows down considerably.

People just see Stoneskin vs Bone Dragon and donā€™t consider the rest. I would not lose to this line up. :stuck_out_tongue:

You have no color generator. Valkyrie has water link and the ability make a massive amount of blues. I am mana blocked on blues by troops whose combined mana is still less then your behemoth and bone dragon. You lose every time due to your ponderous mana inefficient line up.

Not to mention sunweaver gives six mana. With reds and purples gone I am cascading yellows and skulls which refills the Valkyrie and eats away at your behemoth. Allowing my line up to continue to chain turns.

Wight and Behemoth both feed. Wight also has Water Linkā€¦

Basically, you get to pull of your combo once then it becomes much harder to do it the second time. You fill Valk, create a bunch of blues, filling Stone Giant and Warlock. You then fire Stone Giant taking Valkā€™s reds. You then fire Warlock. Then what? Youā€™ve only got Yellows on the board to fill Valk with. I take whatā€™s probably the one good Yellow match, and your team has slowed down like crazy. How do you fill Valk to generate all this blue mana you need with no Reds or Yellows on the board?

Essentially, youā€™ve gotten off one shot of Stone Giant and one of Warlock very quickly. But what does that actually accomplish? Neither do that great of damage and Stone Giantā€™s is random so probably hit the wrong target. My team is very tanky and could take several more shots of both, no problem. Meanwhile, my team is slowly getting filled and in one Wight + Bone Dragon combo your Stone Giant is dropped.

Even if you finally get Valk filled again before I manage to fill a single troop (unlikely) and then fire off both Stone Giant and Warlock again, you still probably havenā€™t killed anything of mine. And even if you got the Wight or Priestess, by that time Bone Dragon is surely filled and will one-shot Stone Giant. With your tank gone and Stone Giantā€™s damage gone, itā€™s just Warlock to do the damage, and itā€™s gonna take something like 5+ of his shots to kill Behemoth or Bone Dragon. And youā€™ve got to get through them both. Before I fill up Bone Dragon one more time. You really think you can fill Warlock 10+ times before I can fill Bone Dragon once? Thereā€™s no way! And Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say that as soon as Bone Dragon gets filled once heā€™ll one-shot both Warlock and Valk in a single turn. He and Behemoth are literally doing as much damage as their full Life + Armor combined and itā€™s almost guaranteed theyā€™ll get two attacks with one use of Bone Dragonā€™s spell. Weā€™ve all seen Bone Dragon in actionā€¦

Then youā€™ve got Sunweaver, who hasnā€™t buffed herself, versus Bone Dragon and either Wight or Priestess. Iā€™d take Bone Dragon + Wight/Priestess in a fight any day.

Should be fixed now.

1 Like

Behemoth is the worst feeder in the game and needs to feed himself prior to feeding anything else because all of your other troops are mana blocked. Whereas I have a mana engine that keeps cranking my lineup to full.

At the end of the day you are either focusing on the priest trying to save your butt or focusing on filling your stupid costly abilities. You cannot do both unlike me, you cannot heal and restore unlike me and you cannot win unlike me.

1 Like

This is cool to see. Both sides still fighting it out. I most approve.

Iā€™m commander shepherd, and this is my favorite battle on the citadel.

1 Like

Tacet and I werenā€™t good enough? :frowning:

You 2 were a fire fight but you quieted out some. These 2 are still tossing grenades at each other.

1 Like

Nail meet head.

1 Like

Change your vote to Mufasha!

1 Like

Good match and great arguments @Studs, it sure was fun

1 Like

Likewise! I thoroughly enjoyed debating with you!

Also, I just saw a warning for the first time as I was posting this: ā€œLet others join the conversationā€. Neat?

1 Like

Congratulations @Studs on the win and to @Mufasha as well for participating!

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

@Mufasha stealing the show on his exit from the Series.

You rule brother.

1 Like