The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: 7 vs 10

Another debate! Go on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooo, I’ll need to read through all of this later and reconsider my vote.

Heh I already did that once and changes my vote actually xD

You should go read both of our arguments and do the same. :wink:

1 Like

So I should change my vote from you to me? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

This is truly a lose-lose situation for you. You have two options:

1. Sit on Warlock while it’s full and wait for me to use Wight so you can steal my gems (assuming I don’t get matches immediately) and try to deny me from filling up Bone Dragon and executing my one-shot combo of Wight + Bone Dragon.
  2. Use Warlock as soon as its full to do damage, in which case you don’t deny Wight its matches and I quickly get to my one-shot combo.

If you don’t use Warlock, your only source of damage is Stone Giant who has a weak random damage spell, plus his attacks, but your team no ability to create skull matches. Hardly a threat. Even if things go poorly for me with the skull matches, Stone Giant has to chew through my beefy Behemoth and Bone Dragon. It does 9 damage a turn. They have 45+ HP. Gonna take a while to get through Behemoth at that rate. And if you manage to kill Behemoth, you’ve got another 45+ HP, plus your team gets even slower with Bone Dragon freezing Stone Giant. It’s gonna take forever and I’m sure to get filled a couple of times in the process. And I could literally wipe out your entire team in 2 combos.

If you use Warlock to target Wight, then Wight is free to create gems and feed Bone Dragon. Then you’ve got a fed Bone Dragon on your hands. Maybe I only get off one combo of Wight + Bone Dragon hitting Stone Giant that’s enough to kill him in one turn, no problem. If I’m lucky with the skull drops, that could be enough to kill Warlock and Valk all in one turn since Bone Dragon does as much damage as their entire life pool. I’m not sure which is worse but they’re both bad options I wouldn’t want to face.

The only other denial you have is Red from Stone Giant. Which only affects Wight. So we’re right back where we started. Either you save your spells to deny Wight, or you try to burst down Wight while the others fill. Either way, they get filled. And did I mention I have Priestess in the back giving Wight barrier if you try to burst him down?

Here’s how things will honestly play out:

1. Mufasha gets some early matches and is able to fill up Warlock. He targets Wight.
  2. He fills up Valk or Sunweaver and is thus able to fill up Warlock again. Wight is nearly dead.
  3. Wight and/or Priestess have filled up by now. If Wight is filled, I cast it on Stone Giant, giving Wight 7 more Life and protecting him from one more Warlock blast before he dies. This also fills up Bone Dragon, but probably doesn’t give me the cascade I need to use Bone Dragon that turn. If Priestess is filled, I cast it on Wight, giving it Barrier and Armor and protecting it from 2 more Warlock blasts to give Wight time to fill up and fire. Either way, Wight fires.
  4. Bone Dragon is filled, does his Bone Dragon thing, and Stone Giant dies.
  5. Mufasha frantically uses Sunweaver on Warlock, hoping to buy him some time.
  6. Warlock kills Wight with its Spell.
  7. Warlock does good damage to Behemoth.
  8. Behemoth uses his ability, doing good damage across the board.
  9. Sunweaver buffs Warlock and its attack plus spell kills Behemoth.
  10. Bone Dragon gets filled again, steals some armor, generates a ton of skulls, and kills Warlock and Valkyrie in one turn since he one-shots both of them easily (even without the Behemoth damage).
  11. Sunweaver hasn’t buffed himself since he’s been trying to save everyone else. He now buffs himself.
  12. Sunweaver does decent damage.
  13. Priestess barriers Bone Dragon.
  14. Sunweaver buffs himself again.
  15. Sunweaver attacks and is repelled by barrier.
  16. Bone Dragon gets filled, steals Sunweaver’s Armor, and kills it.

You forget I generate blue why would I sit on anything.

I remove red I remove purple and then convert one of the final colors to blue which refills all of my mana and puts purple back on the bored for me to target hit you with.

There is no match in this line up that I don’t win.

You have no synergy.

Your targeted damage is mana blocked

Your tank is not a tank but a meat shield with an ineffective health gain.

Bone dragon is mana blocked and would run against stoneshield anyway.

You can make up words like Tanky all you want. You lose every time

This isn’t how addition works. The eight will have no red and mana blocked by blue. Hence 0+0 = 0

Oh, so wait…You aren’t honest before?

:wink:

1 Like

Haha, clearly I’m trying to argue on my behalf and not present both sides! But I think that’s a pretty good summary of how it would actually play out if the teams battled one another.

The probblem with your summation is that you are assuming a one for one turn. Bone dragon is hurried third so frozen will not come into play. And how did you forget about the Valkyrie? Don’t have a third gem denier?? I have the best gem denier who’s magic plays no part in her ability. I will get 3-4 turns to your one and have skull drops doing damage that I do not need to loose a turn over.

You then Have two choices, save your meat shield or save the wight. Not to mention that barrier protects only one event. You ignoring simple components of the game such as mana blocking, attacking order or the fact that you can no health are the only thing that your faulty argument is honestly is pinned on.

Team 7: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/behemoth,bone-dragon,wight,priestess,c20
Team 10: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/stone-giant,warlock,valkyrie,sunweaver,c20

2 Likes

It looks like these are all at Mythic level as opposed to at their base level, no? Or does this also include kingdom bonuses?

The thing I don’t get is why @Tacet keeps claiming one shot of his Wight will charge up the Bone Dragon. It only creates 5 purple gems, which might, but are not likely to make a set. Even if they do, that’ll be just 3 purple, while BD needs 14. The odds of this happening are slim, but if Warlock has taken out all purple beforehand, close to nil.

They’re through 20. We had a discussion about that in my thread and she was going to see if she could come up with an alternative.

Why do I get blamed for everything? I feel like Sirrian now, lol. I haven’t said a single word in this thread aside from this post.

1 Like

Oh, shoot! Sorry @Tacet, I meant @Studs

You’re getting too popular man, it’s gonna be champagne and bodyguards soon.

Well, I’m not popular enough to win with an all common/rare team. I wanted to see how far I could get a new player team, but it doesn’t seem to get far in draft meta. I guess I need to pick all commons next time and just make a better argument. :wink:

It was a cool idea. Good synergy, truly. But it’s a hard sell in the face of BD, let alone double tanks with a bit of back-up.