Thank you for the Merchant's Blade

I agree. The “cash” to “free” direction has not happened. Once you cross that bridge no matter what the developers say/promise about “exclusive” items for the life of the game people will keep “this might be free if I wait” in mind when they consider spending $$$.

Its obvious lots of people want the exclusive weapons (so do I), It also seems that lots of posters are simply ignoring the other thread with almost 800 replies how to make the devs more money…

I’ve said my piece, the developers will do what they chose to in the end.

Somebody already posted making the weapons available for cash. It doesn’t really do justice (or help the thread) to post the same things over and over.

My bad. I didnt read every single post in the other thread, but I must have missed the multiple repeated posts in the other thread about protecting future $$$ sales by keeping exclusives exclusive and not making them free.

I only saw it posted once in that particular thread but the topic of old event weapons like Sun and Moon and Crescendo comes up about once every 4-6 weeks.

The devs have said several times they want to make them available, probably for glory. They’ve never insinuated at all that they were interested in making them cash-only.

Did I miss any? There is only one mention of weapons-for-Glory as a possibility, but it was mentioned in the same sentence as RMT as an alternative. I haven’t seen any comments from the devs regarding weapons-for-Glory since they started the occasional cycling in for RMT.

5 Likes

I stand corrected.

The other point still remains, however. There’s no evidence to suggest that making them available via Glory packs is going to alienate players who paid for them previously. If anything, the current release methodology for Legendaries suggests exactly the opposite. And the outcries about frequency of Mythic drops also demonstrates that as long as one group “has” and another “has not”, there’s always going to be some level of acrimony.

At any rate, the REAL issue here is that some have these weapons and some don’t SOLELY because of timing. Whether they make them available for Glory or cash is really immaterial to me. Just give me the opportunity to get them and I’ll be happy.

4 Likes

I agree with this point. For cash or otherwise, all boons should be obtainable. I feel like the game does itself a disservice by keeping these items out of reach, mitigated only by the fact that, frankly, most of the weapons are pretty terrible.

7 Likes

With few exceptions the weapons are not gaming changing, lock down, needs to destroy the meta, but they are fodder for the OCD completionists like myself!

PLEASE LET ME GET THE WEAPONS!! :scream: :tired_face: :cold_sweat: :sob:

2 Likes

CRECENDOS FOR EVERYONE!!!1111!!!

:smirk:

2 Likes

Yes and no.
If you see what team builds are suggested here on the forums that contain a hero, more than 75% contain an event-only weapon.
That’s because Crescendo, Sun and Moon and Staff of Madness are all good AoE weapons, and AoE is the style today I guess.
So for the few weapons that are “good”, most are event-only.

2 Likes

@Devteam Thank you for making this weapon!