Tasty Rakshanin teams

Very interesting team there, thanks for sharing it! :slight_smile:

If you ditch “fast” and deep out hydra for crimson bat you would have some great synergy.

I’ve literally just gone and stuck him in the back. Don’t get me wrong, he definitely hurts, but the lack of synergy with my teams is making things difficult.

Maybe if I could afford to trait Shadow Hunter that team might appeal slightly more to me… forgot they changed Rex Warrior though, hmm.

Tried out Tacet’s suggestion… it’s fun to muck around with it for a while… give it a go if you can.

1 Like

So you complained about the events and tells its a pain, then you attend the event yourself? :slight_smile:

Just giving my input from my experience with the troop… just slows me down that’s all :slight_smile:

Guess its not as pain, since you gave it a go? :slight_smile:

Just had the urge to scratch the itch :wink:

My event team is as follows:

Abborath***
Jarl* (only because I don’t have the arcanes for )
Goblin Rocket

Red/Yellow banner.

Event troop doesn’t need to do anything, it just sits there. Jarl and Rocket loop, Abborath tanks and does massive skull damage amongst the red/yellow loops, while getting huge. Match priority is:
4/5 gem
skull
red
brown
yellow
purple/blue
green

Depending on the board, I’ll often take a red or brown instead of a skull if I can see the opponent won’t kill Abborath and the red/brown will fill Jarl and start the loop with the rocket. I target the rocket to give me another 4/5 gem match, or position so that a red or brown will fall for Jarl.

It’s very fast and very safe. Results vary slightly according to the event troop in the last slot. The Runesmith was good because of fire link (in fact in non-event weeks I have another rocket in this slot), and the cat from this week isn’t bad for an extra targeted damage.

No need to level up the event troop with souls. It’s there for the bonus.

As cool as these events are in theory, the fact that neither of these troops really synergise with anything take away from the fun of making an effective team to use them. So far in both weeks, I’m better off just slotting them into my normal team as above and saving the resources up for 5 starring kingdoms. I only have 1 x 5 start kingdom btw, so I’m not an uber player by any means.

I play on normal difficulty as the games go faster and it means more chances at stones. I’m not sure how this team goes at higher difficulties, or if difficulties are even a thing any more in pvp (the text down the bottom of the pvp screen says it isn’t, but I haven’t bothered changing it to see).

why no one trying my team? :confused: or commenting on it?

I’m running :

Blade Dancer (obvious synergy with Rakshanin)
Alchemist (obvious synergy with Rakshanin and Blade Dancer)
Rakshanin
Terraxis (obvious synergy with Alchemist)

Blade Dancer clears armor, Rakshanin reduce life heavily, Terraxis finishes off.
With double red banner and double fire link, you can fill Alchemist in one surging 3- red match.
If you only have one link, you should definitely go full yellow.
If you have no links, go yellow/brown

But I’m more starving for souls than Glory so I’m going back to a team including Valkyrie…

2 Likes

Jarl
Mercy
Infernal King
Rak

Rak just kinda sits there, but it wins a ton of matches.

1 Like

I use

(Green/Green banner)

Cat (no traits) (replacing Alchemist with 2 traits)
Green Seer (no traits)
Hero (Crescendo) (Sorcerer) (1 trait)
Giant Spider (2 traits)

Runs smoothly and quickly, can take fully traited mythic teams with minor difficulty. (I personally have not lost to goblins yet) and I have won 350 glory in just 6 hours of play time.

1 Like

Trying to find a good Pridelands Team for this event. Would you still suggest this one?

My usual team is my Hero(Priest or Hierophant), Divinia, Azura, the last I switch out but Liang is the default. (Sometimes Herdmaster or Tinsletail, Poison Master- whatever goes :boom: the best basically. Got Worldbreaker today, can’t wait to find a spot for him. :laughing:

Thanks for any advice. Ya’ll can find me on PS4 FenixFlair or Sephiroth’s Girl. :v:

This necro shines a bittersweet light. 4 years ago, @Sirrian himself offered his own individual team building ideas and thoughts on these troops, in a casual conversation with players.

1 Like