(Switch) GW compensation denied by the devs

@Kafka I don’t know if it’ll help or not, we’ve got a message in our Guild Activity log saying we won Sunday’s guild wars. I can provide a screenshot if needed.

1 Like

bump so that devs see this

Perhaps, but this would be weird, considering Switch doesn’t have the 4.7 patch yet.

1 Like

Anyone in switch do yourself a favor get as many legendary tasks done as possible. Once on 4.7.5 you will see far less legendary tasks

1 Like

Award for understatement of the year goes to Ghaleon :wink:

Update: The issue was fixed for weekly reset yesterday, we will be continuing to investigate the cause of the issue to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Everyone should have successfully received their Weekly Guild Wars Reward mail for the correct Guild Wars ranking.

You will have also received your Daily Victory Reward mail for the last day of Guild Wars (50 Seals + 100% XP Bonus) if your guild won the day.

The first 4 days of Guild War Victory Reward Mail is missing. Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because the system isn’t set up to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided not to compensate those 4 days Victory Reward Mails.

Once again we are very sorry for these issues with Guild Wars, we know how important they are (Guild Wars is the Dev Guild’s favourite weekly event too) and we’ll continue reviewing and improving our processes to help prevent issues like this in future.

1 Like

:person_facepalming:
… This is a Switch issue though. I’ll let them show you how “unequal” it really was.

I don’t mind the exp bonus that much, but is it too much to ask that we get compensated for the seals we should have received? I’m not a big fan of “it hurt everyone equally so it doesn’t matter”. I only care about my own individual progress as a player, not where I am in the “race” against other players.

4 Likes

The first 4 days of Guild War Victory Reward Mail is missing. Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because the system isn’t set up to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided not to compensate those 4 days Victory Reward Mails.

Wow. The Switch version really is a money-grubbing afterthough, huh ?

3 Likes

"Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because unfortunately, we are unable to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided to compensate what we can. We will be sending out mail with 200 seals to everyone. "

Fixed it for you :slight_smile: Seems like a pretty cheap way to buy some good will. Surely that wouldn’t break the bank?

6 Likes

Congratulations, you probably just alienated a lot of players on Switch.
So it doesn’t matter if we won every day, if we lost Sunday then tough :poop: & here’s… ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for your troubles all week? Not even some guild seals which wouldn’t affect anything as we still don’t have 4.7 so no new guardians to shoot for?
Switch was the only thing keeping me playing as we all started on an even keel, now I (& everyone else) can truly see your utter contempt for every player base & the greed that’s driving the game, then where this game is going I think you’ve made my mind up, I run 2 guilds across 2 platforms & they’ll be changing ownership this week, I’m done.

3 Likes

Wait, what i heard was, since everyone got skrwd out of xp, that’s now fair, so we’re gonna let that stand.

Nah?

[Edited bc this still bothers me…Like, i was super exited to see how this was gonna end. Really, bc it went on for days without you. And the final answer is, well you all missed out so, no harm to all, good day move along sir]

2 Likes

I’m (currently) not letting rip to anywhere near the extent I want to, however once I’ve sorted stuff out & confirmed I’m leaving look out for a rant before it gets flagged as I will say everything I’m feeling :rofl:

4 Likes

Dont leave, but by all bloody means, say what needs to be said. You won your gw. Fought hard all week, earn class and hero xp. Got credit for 2 days. where’s that $290 gem value now?

[Here’s 50 event keys, here is 200 glory, here is bloody 1 class weapon free bc dam that sux and we didn’t mean it]

1 Like

Regrettably, since none of the latest comments follow this particular dev’s month-old policy (namely, saying truths she dislikes in the bug report section that she considers irrelevant to the bug report itself), all this valuable feedback is likely to be deleted as soon as she drops by. So no future players will be able to benefit from seeing how the playerbase felt.

When they remove comments that are part of the repository of the game’s evolution (and how it treats its customers), their stance vis-à-vis players and their willingness to improve is self-explanatory.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

woah hold up, @Kafka and the rest of the development team are doing there best to help their customers with whatever the situation is, for whatever reason you have against the development for ignoring the exact point of the most ideal problems their probably dealing at the moment, so don’t brag about it.

They’re being bullied by the publishers. Ergo spineless. Simple.
And if they’re not then they’ve taken this decision to do absolutely nothing themselves, which is just as bad if not worse in terms of customer service.
Not that they give a crap anyway, not that I do either anymore as I’ve already notified my guilds I’m leaving.

1 Like

Wow. Cant even be bothered to provide “virtual” compensation??? Why would i be bothered to continually support this game? Thats rhetorical if you couldnt tell.

Honestly, its not even about getting some petty amount of seals or gems, its 100% about the attitude of the devs. Thats not how it works guys

5 Likes

“there best” (sp?) what exactly ?
They’re doing absolutely nothing at the moment, besides letting the situation rot, and that’s exactly what we’re reproaching them.
Also, what “most ideal problems their probably dealing at the moment” (sp?) are we ignoring exactly, please ?

“everybody’s been fucked the same, so there’s no reason to compensable anybody” is, hands down, the WORST approach to consumer service I can think of.
You DO realise the problem is that people have been fucked in the first place, right ? Right ?

I was gonna say I won’t post an angry tirade on the internet about this, but that’s what I’m already doing, so let’s say what I have to say anyway:

I have been a fan of the genre since I first discovered Puzzle Quest on my DS years ago.
When I saw this game on the Switch storefront, I asked around. My friends who played other version told me it was, and I quote, “a cash grab, grindy, repetitive and very time-consuming”. I went in anyway, knowing what to expect. I spent money on the game. (Not much, but I must admit I got my money’s worth for what I payed.)
Well since the launch last April, every patch has made the game worst in my eyes. More grindy, more repetitive, more time consuming.
Ever since the last patch I had doubts: was it worth keeping playing despite the hassle ?

Well this ? This is the proverbial straw. This is the answer. No, it’s not. Not when you’re treaded like this. Whatever compensation they could have given us would probably costed them next to nothing, but apparently even that’s too high a price to keep players happy.

Now I’m not hasty, so I’m still gonna wait a little more and see what happends. But next time I’ll ask myself if it’s worth keeping playing … I’ll remember this thread, and how the devs treat their players.

Edit, since apparently I have to, to un-censure my post: I stand by every word I’ve written above. Go on, “flag” me again, you’re only proving my point. And making it easier to reach a decision.

6 Likes

Amen.
I’m not hasty in my decision, this is a culmination of quite a lot of events leading up to this - this is however the final straw for me & I won’t be back. But it’s fine because I stopped paying for items in this game a while ago so I won’t be missed as I no longer contribute to the bank accounts of those in charge.

1 Like