Submerge is either [BUG]ged or useless

Interesting. Mab mana burn to all is simply group targeting. unless it is considered as status effect, not damage. they should clarify if submerge protects only “damage to all” and “randomly split” or is there any other group damage it protects. unless they expecting a bug, then intended to declare said bug as feature of submerge.

Mana burn is considered a status effect. Impervious protects against it, but not any other spell damage in the game.

Then you’ve never lost a team by her doing damage to life

So I guess this is another worthless effect we get to look forward with merlantis? Let’s just go against wisps…Oh it is also dispelled by the wisp menace…fail.

Ya know, that was rude and you know it Taisiakat.

Not a big fan of this half-baked status… Its definition is highly dubious and aside the players coming here I don’t see how one player can figure out what “damage to all” include or not.
And I agree that “mana burn” is doing damage and should be avoided by submerged troops :slight_smile: .

And why a submerged troop should be in this kind of whirlwind? Nice effect but it’s not what one can expect of a submerged troop…

Yep, just as I predicted. It works in a way that doesn’t make sense from a gameplay perspective, and because it wasn’t clarified ahead of time, people are arguing semantics.

Mana burn is not a status effect. Its an instant effect. Mab’s spell is probably not considered group damage because it isn’t coded as “all enemies” and “damage” its coded as “all enemies” and “mana burn” and then “mana burn” is processed as damage that is blocked by mana shield. However, mana burn’s only function is damage, and I don’t see the point in trying to argue that Mab’s spell is not AoE damage just because it is coded to go through another step before applying said damage.

Should it be fixed? Well, we have an entire trait centered around blocking damage from Mab specifically already (yeah, the other mana burn “options” dont really come into play here). Frankly, I don’t like any quasi-permanent immunity mechanics like Submerge to begin with, but we might as well be consistent here. When I first saw preview description of it a while back, I assumed it nullified anything that multi-targeted, but was also much easier to remove (or had a fixed duration). The current iteration feels more like a potential game extending annoyance rather than something you would actually use to counterplay some of the stronger teams.

It’s a whirlpool, not a whirlwind.

I don’t know why your perception that my answer to your question was rude, but I am sorry you feel this way.

My answer was not meant to be taken as rude. It was meant as matter of fact.

Honestly, It’s just not that great of a troop. I’ll use it this week & spam 1-trophy PVP for extra traitstones, then I doubt I’ll ever use it again.

I see it like a blue whirlwind :stuck_out_tongue: .

In both cases, there is no sense that a submerged troop should be inside a whirlpool…
Bubbles seems more appropriate, even if I dont like the “submerge=aquatic troops”…

1 Like

oh really nice… i can’t see behind my IK
Fortunately, my whole team was not submerged…imagine :joy:

3 Likes