Stellarix is stupidly overpowered. Change the 3x back to 2.1

Definite no to nerf. Stellarix is a very expensive troop, it should be good.

People can easily spend thousands of gems on dragonite getting duplicate dragons before finally getting it. Diamantina cost me over 75,000 gems due to taking 34 eggs.

To turn around and nerf a troop after all that would be a huge bait and switch.

I’ve won battles after Stellarix cast on me. With good kingdom levels, you can survive it, and it doesn’t loop reliably. Just like Wand, it can leave lots of mana on the board for your opponent.

I suspect most people crying for a nerf got used to fast easy PvP wins during the 3 months with random heroless defence teams and haven’t accepted that fighting the toughest troops in bloodfrenzy mode is supposed to be hard.

Instead of biting off more than you can chew, maybe fight in regions where Stellarix can’t be used. Dragon restriction isn’t an option in any outer ring region.

I can win most battles vs Wand and Stellarix, so they’re far from unbeatable. You get first turn advantage, which is huge.

8 Likes

Silence does miracles!!!

NO to NERF!!!

2 Likes

Do not nerf Stellarix. I agree that nerfing hasn’t fixed anything in this game, especially when we have Journey as a recent example.

Stellarix should remain desirable for any player that wants to obtain this troop. Nerfing it will just annoy players that have the troop and even players that don’t.

How many people would appreciate Stellarix being nerfed when the RNG hasn’t been kind to them to put it nicely? The dupes would just feel even worse at that point.

I don’t see nerfing Wand as the solution either. Bring back defense teams.

4 Likes

No way. Players spent thousands of gems, real money and had copious amounts of “fun” to get this troop so it would be a slap in the face to nerf it. With the decisions devs have made the past year or so i wouldn’t bet against them doing it though. Sentinel debacle, not having targeted dragons, hoard mimic… i could go on but you know what I’m getting at

6 Likes

Yes, Stellarix needs to be nerfed. In addition, the AI should be checked to see if everything is working normally (it doesn’t seem like that to me).

2 Likes

YES to nerfes
game should be balanced
troops should come and go back and forth into meta, not stalling

4 Likes

Comparing Stellarix to Zuul and/or EK while only looking at mana cost is a bit disingenuous, even if unintentional.

Starting with Zuul— short of you carrying a curse option AND a way to then impose status effects (therefore almost making Elementalist a necessity but that’s its own topic), ZG isn’t going to be impacted. Adding the freeze all and skull spam on cast is still a huge tempo advantage.

EK has at least a path to curse AND is a hard counter to Zuul’s lethal damage AND is Invulnerable AND has bonus mana on red matches. Used properly, EK’s doomskull convert is the 2nd half of the ZG spell and is another tempo win.

You can get both via Orbs of Power-- a “currency” that has never been easier to acquire than it is today. The barrier to entry is nowhere near what it once was.

Now Stellarix-- no insulation from status effects as has been mentioned further in the thread. Wand can provide bless, sure. Wand also in the hands of the AI introduces the randomness of which side Wand will cast. If you specifically target Stellarix/Wand via status effects (and looking at a curse option for a bonus), you can leave Wand in a place where, at minimum, AI wand would need to hit bless on 2 casts (one to remove curse, one to then actually cleanse) and that’s assuming you never had a chance to take another turn-- which if curse/freeze were both applied, you’d get at least 1 more attempt to refresh the debuffs.

The cost for Stellarix, lack of protection and all, is significantly higher than any of the troops listed above. There’s 9 prerequisites, 6 (the ‘regular’ dragons) of which are directly impacted by RNG and the remaining 3 (the weapons) contingent upon the first combos of RNG.

With a much more expensive cost of entry with cost meaning time and/or money, Stellarix should be on its own level of power.

Going to potentially disagree on the answer being to revert PvP to 7.3 and offer a different suggestion. Players are running Wand/Stellarix/Takshaka, etc because it’s really fast on offense. On defense, it’s not nearly as strong unless you’re trying to fight speed with speed.

Right now, the risk/reward just isn’t there to change to a team that could counter the “meta”. There’s just not enough VP on offer to make it worth the time to craft a counter so instead, you try to outrace the meta and, especially in the buffed zones, you’re going to fight a losing battle. Losing leads to frustration which leads to calling for nerfs and solutions that won’t actually answer the real issue.

Make the risk/reward fall in line and you’ll see the rest of the pieces fall into place.

7 Likes

Guess what, Dia was already Ingame when pvp was still working, and nobody cried despite it being the same dragonite gated as Stella is.

Because Dia doesn’t wipe you out with self loop. Because it doesn’t self loop.

No craft cost might ever justify looping. Period.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what, if you’re so happy with nerfs, they can nerf your troop…leave mine alone.

8 Likes

Devs please ignore the people whining for nerfs.

People whining for nerfs. Learn how to counter stellarix. Its not unbeatable (as i said i dont have stellarix. But ive seen too many games like this where a few loud whiners ruin everything asking for nerfs.

I posted multiple strats to beat it on red day.

On brown this team smashes it.

The only time i lose is if their empowered mana generators get a good board. In fact i have more trouble with gray king than stellarix on brown day.

Stellarix has a huge weakness. Its every color. If it gets freeze on it its borked. My strat is to kill wand before stellarix. And on brown often gray king. Gray king can lock your team down

3 Likes

Freeze. It.

No one cried about stellarix until blood frenzy. Play off blood frenzy. One cast wont wipe you there. Or throw on 3 seasons medals. I wasnt getting wiped by one cast with that. And due to it being frozen i won after it cast

Yup. As i showed last night: wand, zuul, takshaka takshaka is the counter to stellarix. Simple and quick. Your wand usually fills first turn due to takshaka. Stellarix will usually be frozen by then. Pop their wand of stars with zuul. Stellarix is helpless. You win. The only losses out of 80 for me were like 10 where i got bad rng

Me thinks these nerf herders arent really attempting to get better

3 Likes

Tell me reliable freeze source so I can freeze it
Also give me something to prevent Wand from unfreezing it for good 2nd turn
Or stop pushing bullshit
There are no reliable freeze in game to play against it. There are no way to ensure it won’t get dispelled very next turn either. It’s a race against the RNG every freaking fight.

1 Like

Elementalist.
Takshaka fills your wand turn one and often you get a 4 match with your wand.
Stellarix will usually be empty. Kill the hero with zuul. The rest is easy

80-10 last night ALL on red blood frenzy for me says you’re doing it wrong

This was a common sight last night. Many times all four would be frozen, and elementalist stuns takshaka

3 Likes

NO NERFs

Solutions:

target wand with Zuul = win
don’t fight in blood frenzy = win

You’re welcome

5 Likes

A simple example at an accessible rarity would be Daughter of Time. Think about how quickly it fills and how you could support it on Turn 1. Between the freeze gems and the extra turn gems, you can take over the fight and impose enough status effects to keep tempo on your side.

If we want to go up in rarity a touch, The Gray King would love to see an all-color team. One cast of TGK and those teams just fall on their face. Hard to bless with a silenced Wand and even the Elementalist isn’t immune to silence.

There’s all kinds of counters-- the trick is to make it worth finding them.

3 Likes

yeyeye
any non-taksha players?
any unluck board where your taksha grants no 4 matches = enemy’s will kill you in a second with no way out
B A L A N C E

1 Like
2 Likes

Hard to obtain troops.
That takes a lot of time or money.
Should be OP or special imho.

Makes you want them.

This is why, there’s more posts on this and wand

Than there is on Sentinels and hoard mimic.

As it’s the people that haven’t got it, and it’s such a good troop.

Ps. I haven’t got it, and I do play PvP.
I use wand diamantina double Takshaka frostmage .

So I can beat it.

Do you expect to win every single battle?

2 Likes