Stealth Nerf to Impervious?

I agree. If the merge with Console means that PC/Mobile users can’t get an “emergency” patch without waiting for the slow Console patch pipeline, I question whether the company has made a wise decision.

4 Likes

I don’t know… they are vastly different games but Destiny has been out for two weeks and has received regular patches. The game had a Day One release update (I’m sure planned for weeks or more), followed by a patch on the first Tuesday, followed by another patch this Tuesday. 3 Updates in short order.

I suspect that resources are allocated according to whether you are Bungie or not. :stuck_out_tongue: We’ve seen in the past how long it takes for GoW to push Console patches. I see no reason to withhold a fix from the disparate PC/Mobile environment if it is being held back for Console testing.

3 Likes

I’m just saying there is a way to deploy very frequently and rapidly on console too (and its probably $). As a side note after the split Bungie and Microsoft are not friends, far from it. Bungie’s issues with Microsoft originated when trying to split after working on Halo for years.

Now specifically for Destiny Sony is paying Bungie Millions upon Millions of dollars to block a small amount of content from all of Microsoft’s platforms for a limited duration (both Xbox and PC). Even with this they still managed to deploy 3 updates to both consoles in 2 weeks simultaneously with PC.

The recent raft of painfully bad bugs in game play and display show that you can’t compare these guys to Bungie or any other decent game developers. There is no way they are a AAA game development or distribution shop - not even AA. Hell, I wouldn’t even give them a single A. Even a halfway competent programmer could have fixed these bugs in under a week. These last sets of “updates” have steadily driven what used to be a promising game down to the raw sewage levels. I suspect that might even be the cause for so much acrimony with the complaints. No one gets bitter about a crappy game that continues to get bad but to see a promising one fall so far is just a tragedy.