Spring Break

I’d use caution with Highest Rarity, lowest level as eg Wrath 100, Wrath 100, Maraji 40… Wrath 100 would be the one to take as Maraji 40 would score less

Wrath 130, Wrath 100, Maraji 40 then yes Wrath 100 would be the same as Wrath 130

1 Like

Good point, ty!! You’re right, focusing on one of the batte selections per rarity would be best. Highest rarity, higher* level, maybe.

1 Like

Anyone work here? :joy:

1 Like

Either a mistake in the game, or in the description of the event. Developers, aren’t you tired of doing your job poorly?

3 Likes

Fixed my ass, still says coins instead of skulls, and awards 6 skulls as base rewards. Just defeated that battle.

Edit: this is from the second encounter

Still says desert troll!!!

The blog post was changed which altered the post above, I’ve just gone in and fixed this manually.

This is the correct copy.

4 Likes

man… they ran out of ideas for new troops, didn’t they?

Spring Emissary is nearly identical to Dragonian Sage (which itself is very similar to a few of the hero weapons) and DS only just recently came out.

1 Like

The required score per member of a 30-strong guild is 9,867 points, and players on Tier 0 can get there with luck.
Tier 1 will certainly guarantee it* if you’re following the strategy

• highest rarity
  • highest level **

** Technically, for same rarity among different troops, go for higher level, but among the same troops, go for lower level. That was slightly confusing wasn’t it? If your deck is strong, highest level works fine for rule 2.

* Yes there is an early leaderboard player with 72 battles and 8,475 points, when there is another with 72 battles and 14,140 points. I’m pretty sure the former is not playing according to optimal strategy. AFAIK most players get the same (semi?-)scripted map reveals, so points should be quite similar as shown across the majority of the other leaderboard entries.

addendum

• Anyone getting Tier 4 is scoring enough to cover for 2 people, and Tier 6 covers for 3.
  • If a guild has two (or even one?) person getting Tier 4+, that is enough for everyone else to stay on Tier 0
  • One Tier 7 x 6 buy will score enough for an entire guild
6 Likes

Th event where you remember how much of a powerhouse Titania is.

1 Like

I know this sounds like a crazy idea. And maybe I am being patronizing…

But did the company actually think of investing in some Quality Assurance?

This way, you’ll have less bugs to deal with. And also, less posts to correct… and an overall happier player base. And less complaints and less time and energy needed to respond/deal with said complaints.

I mean… the world event in this format has been around for a while. And to still see these kind of mistakes is just… mind boggling…

15 Likes

Sometimes i feel the higher ups don’t care. There is barely testing. New mythic still missing his art on mobile. The horrible way they handle restrictions and scoring system is amateurish at best. I say this with pain, cause in the past this game had quality. But if suddenly every time you open a golden key you get 1 piece of gold they’ll fix it asap or god forbid the cash shops are down.

10 Likes

We are in minimal effort mode, maximum gain for all associated with GoW, except the customer base.

Has been for a while, sadly.

Thankfully WE to me is something I limit my involvement in. It’s just poor, idle design.

I did do T4 last week though, was ok with Giants being synergistic troops, Jarl/Fire Giant etc. Medals don’t bother me, never buy more than 1, often T2 and badge only, so long as there’s synergy with decent troops. I don’t touch it TIL Thursday normally, can avoid frustration better! Doesn’t work with GW that way though :neutral_face:

Wonder if the next faction will have something bugged like the last two…

Release/go home strategy is a big indication of the QA effort provided…

12 Likes

Quality Assurance is ran by, allocated by, and is ran thru 505 Games. So basically they are in charge of it. Any feedback about lack of QA gets told to Salty, then she tells her bosses and her bosses go :person_shrugging: . 505 Games don’t give a frank about little ol us.
505 Games is just happy to cash the checks that the game provides… Not so happy to invest those revenues back into the game. That would just be silly.

2 Likes

When the weekly world event came out, I thought that the game was entering a “maintenance” phase of slower development rather than active development. When they merged into the campaign, this seemed even more the case.

2 Likes

I’d also hoped it could be a pause before a big breath of fresh stuff, but sadly we have what we have…

I do remember stuff mentioned about home castles and stuff, what’s happened to that? :slight_smile:

Software dev architect and manager here. Quoting you @awryan but also responding to the other QA comments in general.

If this is the case I would be surprised. Ideally, development and QA should both happen in house. Then, they may pass it to their publisher, 505 Games in this case, who also does their own QA. There may be some back and forth depending on what 505 Games finds. But, whatever gets passed to 505 Games should basically be what Infinite Interactive considers release ready.

What I suspect is happening is that QA has been outsourced to a cheaper country (QAs are worth their weight in gold and absolutely should not be cheaped out on, but it is common), and poor management. Maybe the managers don’t know how to manage, or they’re dealing with constraints such as budget issues where they have no choice but to make cuts and that could result in either not enough people or hiring too many juniors. They may be getting pressure from 505 Games as well which is a whole host of other issues.

I do think @Saltypatra has too much on her plate which is why it took 9 hours to fix this post. This is not a critique on her at all (she responded to issues during her vacation!), as her job is much more than just these forums. But, this does signal that either management isn’t prioritizing well, or is giving people way too much work. Salty, can you clone yourself?

Edit: Alternatively, another reason for the poor QA lately could be a refocus on generating revenue. Sure, many of us on the forums may be upset, but just how large of a percentage of the playerbase, and specifically the paying playerbase, are we? How much money do they gain vs loose by allowing these issues to be released? Keeping people happy is important and is one way to ensure long term payment, but it comes at an opportunity cost.

This is just my assumption based off my experience. I could be entirely wrong.

1 Like

I think kingdom levels 16-20 ARE the castles and stuff.

I can only tell you what either Salty or Kafka have told me in the past. And that is 505 Games is in charge of Gems of War QA. Any QA that is done in house within Infinity Plus 2 is a subservice of that of overall QA department. That’s all I know. And based off that knowledge I offered an opinion piece above. What your personal experience or what other companies do, I can’t speak to.

1 Like