SPOILER ALERT ---- Is This Mr. Death ? Wu@Haaaaaaaa

A word of caution to anyone who has been stockpiling traitstones in anticipation of Death’s release: In the game files, his color types (along with most of the other unreleased troops’) have been removed. This is likely to hide future troops from color speculation, but it might also indicate rebalancing behind the scenes. The actual colors and traitstone types have the potential to change before release.

6 Likes

It depends if there will be more than 4 Apocalypse guys…
Else, if devs want to balance colors between the 4 horsemen, it should be Purple/Yellow/Red with Purple the primary color: in this case all colors would be used twice by the 4 horsemen :slight_smile: .

I hope they don’t make Death purple/yellow/red. That would make him perfect for Mercy (whose colors don’t conflict at all) and considering how deadly 4x Deathmark is, it’ll immediately turn into another “nerf the world” scenario.

1 Like

Gorgotha seems also a good candidate to fill any Mythic troops: tanky, can fill his mana himself very fast.
In fact, it seems to me obvious that there would be a “Death-is-OP” issue… Despite low probability, some players will loose 2-3 troops at the first turn after Death’s spell and they would make a fuss about that.

1 Like

Losing two troops to Death in the first turn is 4.30%. That’s low, but high enough that it’ll happen in approximately one in twenty-three casts. I can guarantee it’ll feel like it happens every single time, though, since the pain of losing two troops without any chance to retalliate will definitely stick with you – it’s a type of negativity bias.

3 Likes

@Lyya Em is so smrt :raised_hands:

1 Like

Not sure it will actually feel like it happens every single time!

Can you elaborate on where the 4.3% comes from?

Sure. The odds of achieving exactly k occurances of an event in n trials, given a probability p, is a very well known statistical distribution known as a “binomial distribution.” It can be expressed as:

f(k, n, p) = n!/(k!(n-k)!) * p^k * (1-p)^(n-k)
Substituting in values:
n = 4
k = 2
p = 0.09 (there is a 9% chance per troop that it’ll die first turn)
f(2, 4, 0.09) = 4!/(2! * 2!) * 0.09^2 * 0.91^2 = 6 * 0.0081 * 0.8281 = 0.04025

But that’s just the chance of 2 troops dying. We also have to consider 3 or 4 deaths.

f(3, 4, 0.09) = 4!/(3! * 1!) * 0.09^3 * 0.91^1 = 4 * 0.00072 * 0.91 = 0.00265
f(4, 4, 0.09) = 4!/(4! * 0!) * 0.09^4 * 0.91^0 = 1 * 0.0000656 * 1 = 0.0000656

Summing these, we arrive at 0.04025 + 0.00265 + 0.0.0000656 = 0.04297, or about 4.3%.

5 Likes

Great, thank you. It was the 9% that was getting me. How sure are you that the game implements it in that way? (i.e. [1] 10% chance to ‘heal’ - check - no; [2] 10% chance of dieing (out of the remaining 90%) - check - no; remaining 81% chance to continue as is.

I have no knowledge of how games would code this in practical terms.

Wonder what comes after 4 rider of apocalypse. . Angels? Demons? God’s?

2 Likes

The one who removed the seals and summoned them.

Who me :smiling_imp: or :innocent: :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not, and the only way to be sure is to gather data (and to distinguish between 9 and 10% would require a lot of data). That said, at 10% the odds would only increase. The assumption is that Death Mark works like other debuffs such as Burning, where the check to cleanse comes before the damage.

1 Like

Death sometime this week . Semi confirmation

6 Likes

Don’t quote here on it though.

1 Like

VIP chests will update in 2 days and so far VIP chests haven’t been wrong about the timing of a new Mystic Horseman.

But they did change the vip chest from 4 days to 10 last time

1 Like

Wonder what theme of mythics will be next.

1 Like

My first thought was the Endless from Sandman. Dream, Destiny, Despair, Delirium, etc. It’s a little weird bc Death is also in that canon and a female, but it fits the same “Mythic” theme. Another thought was to just start doing gods from lots of different mythologies.

Could go the Archangel route: Gabriel, Michael, Uriel, Raphael

2 Likes