(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

If you quit the game you’ll have zero variety at all.

If the “event troop” weekly buffs aren’t an issue for you then neither will the medal buffs be.

And even if a troop gets an event and medal buff. It still won’t be anything compared to the +50% stats they used to get.

2 Likes

Most people don’t even bother using troops that get weekly event buffs from what I noticed. I personally also don’t bother creating teams around weekly buffs either as they’re not really impactful.

But with medals people will be able to permanently enhance their best teams regardless of who they have in them unlike weekly buffs so I don’t think those two are worth comparing.

Anyway, I’m enjoying this game quite a lot and I really hope they won’t screw it up with the next update. But if they increase the gap between newer and older players even more and make things harder and more tedious for me, or force me to use only OP meta teams if I want to win then I’d rather just not bother with the game anymore. And since I have over 950 games on steam, I’ll have enough variety don’t worry.

I can’t really contribute anything to the discussion about medals and enhancement, but I wanted to point out something else.

You’re almost level 1000, but you’ve only been playing for a month and a half. That means you have received fewer than nine weeks’ worth of in-game rewards. And if your guild doesn’t finish all six reward paths each week, that’s even fewer keys you’ve gotten.

As it turns out, your progress in the game isn’t gated by experience level. It’s gated by time. Without earning tons and tons of keys, you will not be able to collect the troops you want. It takes roughly 1000 gem keys before you should expect to see your first mythic troop. That is months of fully completing the red guild task. And you haven’t even been playing two yet.

Gold, XP, souls, and traitstones can be grinded endlessly. Troops really can’t be. You just have to sit back and participate in your guild to the best of your current abilities. You will eventually get the next cool new troop/weapon that opens up new content, or makes your current content easier. But it can’t really be rushed.

Edit: I was mistaken. Gem keys can be rushed. If you are willing to buy gems from the store and use them to open chests. If you eventually spend to VIP 5, then you unlock the best keys in the entire game. If you have the income to spend, buying VIP keys will rapidly build your collection of the best troops in the game. So money can be used to shortcut the time-based progression.

2 Likes

I already have 600/738 troops. My only mythic is Gray King though (got lucky and got him from first 200 glory chests I opened this week).

Troops aren’t really my problem, I have enough of them to create few meta teams and good deal of viable non-meta teams that I have fun with and win most pvp matches.

The problem is when I get matched against players who not only have very strong team but also have a lot more HP and Armor than me. I still win against most of those since I get to start first and the AI isn’t always playing well, but sometimes the stats difference does prevail and I lose. If they increase the gap in stats even more that might severely limit how many teams I can use in PvP, and like I said while I have some OP meta teams (like Skeleton Key or King Gob) with which I don’t remember losing with, I don’t want to be forced to only use those teams if I want to win because that ain’t fun to me, and games are supposed to be fun, aren’t they?

1 Like

I wonder if this is also meant to be a way to make faction-only delves easier.

1 Like

Someone mentioned a really good theory in another thread that the solution to faction-only Delves is being divided across 5 or 6 small boosts.

Although the devs did say they were planning on adding the Hero to the faction team in some way on one of the dev streams.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to that thread??

So, you want the game simple, like a doodle game you truly do not need to play more than a few minutes a day?

I am at the end game, I need something to work towards. I don’t understand what enhancements to the game people want, my guess is basically none.

What I’ve seen so far of this update is more sophisticated than I’m used to seeing. What I do know about badges and medals right now isn’t overwhelmingly exciting except for where it could go.

But also if it’s one piece of a bigger puzzle, that’d be super clever. Power creep’s getting weird though.

I like a game with variety. Some sections with complexity, some sections with simplicity for when I don’t feel like being overwhelmed.

Challenges are gone, Explore is going to be gone, you can’t choose your own teams in arena, and PvP is obnoxious at times.

Where’s the mode to relax and just defeat stuff?

4 Likes

I want a new game mode to suppliment PvP, the old Explore, and Arena that isn’t limited play per day like Delves, Guild Events, Other events, Pets encounters, etc.

Some things like Explore didn’t need an enhancement. One can only hope this 4.6 shows this is new change is manageable.

Hey this is all speculation but since we’re in a spoilers thread, maybe I can help you feel a little better.

From what I see, there are 12 difficulty levels in the new Explore landscape and you get to choose one. Call it a hunch, but I bet difficulty level 1 is “classic Explore” for your Sunbird blasting fix. You won’t get as many of the other new rewards doing this, but I think it’s always been fair to say in Explore we’ve traded “faster matches” for “less stuff”.

Sure, you’re going to want to do a higher-difficulty grind for the prizes, but as far as I can tell that’s going to be mercifully fast compared to the challenge completion grind. Once you get your treats, you’re done.

I do feel a lot of what you’re feeling, and I hope the above is right.

4 Likes

Does anyone have the info on what the exact buffs are that medals give and how much of a stat boost elite levels on troops give?

Late, but this week looks like we have some unspectactular troop releases from Grosh-Nak (of course, has to maintain its rep as the sorriest kingdom). The bounty troop is a Turtle Cannon clone. This should be ok for bounty hunting, but like all the Turtle Cannons, not as good as the trolls for general use.

I can tell you Gorgotha’s role as a defender gave him…

Bronze - 1 armor - 3 life - 0 magic
Silver - 2 armor - 6 life - 0 magic
Gold - 4 armor - 8 life - 0 magic

However I have no way of knowing if these are applied separately at each level or if that is the total after completing each level. I suspect it is the total after completing each level since some other bonuses work similarly.

I also assume all defenders are the same. The others are based on their roles too and should see similar stat boosts to their most role useful stats.

2 Likes

You are not wrong in general, re trolls and the Turtle Cannon esque troops, particularly in the hands of the AI. Rover is poor in that it can’t be at the top of the order, it’s colours don’t synergise so well with optimum stuff at the same time. Conversely however, Turtle Cannon in the hands of a player and using a Doomed Weapon can be effective , if (and that’s the caveat - if) you use it wisely.

Turtle has stoneskin, so it can withstand none enraged blows okay. This tends to allow you to go extreme with green. I can’t remember the exact team, (will dig it out) but I did use something with T/C and Doomed Club pretty okay levelling Frostmage or possibly Warden I think.

(After looking deep into discord and Line ) - I think the team was Wrath, T/C, Doomed Club and Forest Guardian. I think now it would probably work similarly with Glaive. I know I used it on brown GW to nice effect, (with Yasmine instead of FG iirc) but it was hopeless on defence. On offence, you pick the gems around doomskulls and ofc other skulls and with Wrath exploding skulls and so on, it generated and filled easily. This can give it a little advantage over Forest Troll at certain times when player controlled.

Could work with Corsair blue, keeping Fg for 50% start I suppose, or Tidecaller which has the fast and the blue explosions.

1 Like

It’s applied separately at each level. So, Gorgotha would get +17 life and +7 armor once he had the gold enhancement. And, yes, this would apply to all troops with the Defender role.

4 Likes

You would think someone could have told me this when I asked during the beta. :rage:

haha yea

I did it the old fashion way by testing it out.

3 Likes

Isn’t that the way virtually everything is that isn’t explicitly stated in the portion of patch notes we see on beta?

Sometimes, I wonder if we spend half of our time trying to figure out how things work before attempting to evaluate whether those things are even working as intended.

5 Likes