(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

It would require a rebalance as well, as most classes have the talent tree that contains a bonus to their typing (or all classes, iirc), and that would mean the Elemental class would need to get the Storms talent tree. Just swap it with the Morale tree and it’s fine.

1 Like

I expect that it will be that way but obviously I cannot be sure - devs do not comment anything about it yet.

Actually I sort of like this idea.

I’m never going to threaten an event leaderboard. I like to buy at least tier V though, mostly for the stuff you get. But every event ends up about like this week ended up in Raid Boss: I scored the points that opened our last portal with about 15 sigils remaining on my account. At this point, I don’t really get anything other than guild leaderboard standing from continuing. It’s hard (sometimes) battles with rewards no better than easier PvP battles.

So I appreciate that later, I can cash in those 15 sigils and maybe help out the rest of my guild who might be chasing leaderboards. But I also suspect it won’t really make much of an impact.

(ToD is the only event where I tend to spend my sigils, since it’s a GUILD leaderboard I sort of have to.)

How can you using up your sigils help your guildmates with chasing leaderboard?

2 Likes

That would be great, but I’m fully expecting it will be limited to event sigils… will be (positively) surprised if it’s not the case, but I wouldn’t keep my hopes up.

So the topic of discussion (as I understand it) is, “How do you feel about a feature that lets you spend sigils to give your guildmates stats?”

Chasing the leaderboard is a function of time spent and sigils spent. Losing matches means you get fewer points (depending on the event, I imagine Raid Boss functions differently than Invasion events.) Having more stats means you’re slightly less likely to lose.

So I draw a line between “having more free stats” and “being better able to perform in events”.

I must be missing something. I assumed epic battles boosted your own stats not your teammates?

1 Like

Because I read the line “Spend extra sigils to give stats to all allies” and interpreted “allies” as guild mates.

If it’s just trading sigils for your own stats it had better be some pretty significant stats because I don’t need stats currently?

That’s how i interpreted too.
Allies as your team in the event.
It raises far too many questions if this applies to guild mates.

• Does the Sigil effects stack if 30 members all invested in epic battles?

• Does the effect last 1 match or do they pass over to the next one depending on how many epic battles were triggered?

It gets far too sloppy manage…

1 Like

100% boost according to the screenshot.

Yeah OK, I see it now.

Maybe in some ToD fights I’d do this. I can’t imagine why I’d bother in Raid Boss or Invasion. And it’s probably worth more points for a lot of people to lose a match twice than spend 2 sigils winning a match just to face a new, harder match afterwards.

The exciting thing for newbies would be “spend a sigil to go backwards 15 levels”.

1 Like

Another stupid update, of course pvp rework is less important than this…

2 Likes

I completely agree, I think this is something that developers need to update, reed invasion and other events and so it became easier to pass easily after adding potions, why else would some kind of power amplifier be for the weak or for those who include the brain at a minimum

This could totally be the answer to faction team 500 if they let you do it with daily 3 scrolls but I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Heya, it’s ya boi, Eric, here with some tasty new spoilers!

Troop Spoilers:

• Aquaticius is an upcoming Blue/Green/Yellow Merlantis Mythic. Spell and traits are unknown. Release date may be September (we’ve seen troops delayed before!).
  • We got traits for the Sword’s Edge Mythic, Champion of Gard. Looks like we’re finally getting the Stoneskin/Spell Block troop, spoken of only in whispers and in back alleys.
  • For some reason, Bladewing (the Stonesong Eyrie Ultra-Rare), Harpy (the Rare), and Harpy Mage (the Epic) all got the legendary trait from the faction’s Legendary, the one that summons. Seems even stuff this close is quite preliminary.
  • Droggo, and Dragonian Mage, are coming at some unknown point in the future.
  • This is definitely a Dwarf.

Weapon Spoilers:

• New weapons added: Community Scythe, Barbarian Mace, Doom Scythe (???), Dragon Hammer, Enchanted Wand, Lightning Javelin, Meteor Hammer. No known descriptions.

Class Spoilers:

• Hierophant will have Spell Armor

• New Shentang class: Monk. Life, Stone, and Water trees gives us Rock Solid, among other things. Here’s hoping we get a trait for starting mana (no trait info yet).

• New Suncrest class: Stormcaller. Life, Wind, and Storm trees gives us Lighting Strike, among other things. No trait info yet.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the Fire talent tree completely wasted on the Hierophant? The storm and Mana bonus perks are the exact same as the Light trees, so I suppose if you’re running a red weapon or team focus, you might switch to those, but otherwise there’s nothing there that thematically makes the Fire tree fit…

Edit: on second thought, I guess it does fit thematically to give the class the Fireproof trait as a talent (even though the cleanse from Life tree is better), as several of the fey troops from Bright Forest have the Fireproof trait

The only strong combo I can see in there is Life’s self-cleanse and Fireblade. Basically guarantees heavy damage with the right skull team - say Hierophant + KoS + Infernus, with a free slot for counter troops, empowered converters or an accelerant like TPK.

I don’t like the prospect of getting that to 100 though, its pretty sad without Fireblade.

Legendary has 35% to summon Epic on 4/5 matches.
Epic has 25% to summon Ultra on 4/5 matches.
Ultra AND Rare have a 25% to summon Rare on 4/5 matches.

They cannot do this. There’s no way. Nope. Not a thing. Two weeks to undo this.

1 Like

Ok, is it just me or is Champion of Gard’s artist the same artist who made the Frost Archer? Lol sorry :joy:

I don’t like Champion of Gaard. It just doesn’t do anything. Yay! It has a lot of armor waiting around to die since that’s all it does.

TINA-9000 gains a ton of armor AND does very lethal damage. CoG should do something. Heck, even Gard’s Avatar does serious damage with its spell. I want CoG to be able to rival Champion of Anu in being able to do something.

5 Likes