(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Positive status effects are: Barrier, Enchanted, Enraged, Submerged.

6 Likes

Enrage, Enchant and Barrier are status effects. I use a spell (action) and its effect stays on the troop (status effect).

Cleanse, however, is not a status effect. It’s an action that toggles off all other negative status effects. Cleanse cannot be active over the course of several turns like Barrier or Enchant.

BUT. While Cleanse is clearly an action, it’s still unclear how exactly Dragon’s Blessing works. Does it apply an action or a status effect on your troops? We won’t know this until the troop is released or a dev comments on this.

Hellcackle in the spoiler list: is clearly a Raid Boss killer troop, but has Goblin Slayer trait, not Godslayer… presumably a typo at this stage.

Or it’s time for the Goblin God who gets an extra turn when matching 3 or more gems.

2 Likes

Do we know boost ratios for these new armor destroying weapons? 'Cause when assuming all of them will have a ratio worse than 1:1, which seems like a safe bet looking at these spells, i don’t see any of these new weapons actually replacing Mang in Raids/Invasions. While they are clearly stronger than anything else we have aside from Mang due to the enemy armor scaling in these modes they represent less bang for the buck than Mang.

Earth’s Fury might represent a more safe alternative when you find yourself struggling to keep your Manged hero alive long enough, but a hefty boost ratio will make sure it will be much less efficient.

I am actually much more hyped about the access to universal Transformation weapons with my hero for general gameplay than ‘new’(but basically the same) ways to cheese the boring new gamemodes.

2 Likes

Me too. It’s a shame that they are mono-color…

2 Likes

Any idea when the next Grosh-Nak event will be?
There hasn’t been one since “combo breaker” was implementated. Which was like a year ago right?

Hmm… June 26 2017, three troops were released, two for Grosh-Nak and one for Blighted Lands. The event was called “The Odd Couple”. What happened back then? Two event kingdoms in one week?

Answering your question, the last kingdom with a set date is Whitehelm (May 7). After that there are 11 kingdoms with no dates available, Grosh-Nak included, so May-7 plus 11 weeks is… July-23? This is the last possible date provided that they will not add more kingdoms.

There’s an Invasion troop from Grosh-Nak in the spoiler data so anywhere between 2 and 5 Invasions from now, probably.

Sadly, the new Bounty troop (May 11) will not be in chests during the next exclusive period (May 4 - 10). Well, time to open gold chests then, isn’t it?
550 gold chests = 165000 gold per a copy, 2.5M gold to get it to Epic rarity OR 6.6M to Legendary. Wow. Epic will be enough for me.

Yao Guai + Hound combo was awesome this bounty event for there were no dangerous enemy troops to feed off purple and red. Can’t wait to see what the next event will be!

Do you plan on not buying any tiers at next bounty?

This Bounty I only bought 2 tiers and reached Reward 15 (or 16, the one with Orb of Chaos). The next Reward with Orb of Chaos was too far away (19 iirc), so I didn’t bother.
Reward 16 was just 5k gold, 25 gems and 20 diamonds iirc. Spend 150 gems (or whatever tier 3 costs) on it? No thank you.

Bounty is slightly cheaper than Raid/Invasion. Tier 3 is only 120 Gems.

Tier 16 is a bit of a dud (15 Gems, 15 Diamonds, 4 Celestials), but 17 has a Vault Key, 18 has a Minor Orb of Chaos, 19 and 20 have Major Orb of Chaos.

Considering people pay 50 Gems for 20 Diamonds in the daily dungeon deal, Tier 16 isn’t the worst if you still need the Bounty Troops that each Shop tier offers.

1 Like

That mythic troop Skadi looks amazing.

Your comment makes sense. Given that the next Bounty I will have at least 4 Mythic bounty troops, and the fact that I nearly reached Reward 16…
I guess I will reach Reward 17 with Tier 3 next time. Who knows, what value is a Vault Key? 20-30 gems, I presume?

120 gems (Tier 3) for 15 gems, 15 diamonds and a Vault key? My first reaction was a big meh, but thinking about it again… still meh. 50 gems for 24 diamonds in Dungeon is a better value.

Eh? I have two mythic bounty troops, having spent a good amount on the two bounty captains. Next time I will have three. Did you get the others to mythic with gold chests?

I have Ice Wraith at Mythic (Tier 7 at previous Bounty), Parrot and Lynx at Legendary (1500 gold keys and 2M gold). I’m pretty sure 4-5k glory keys that I’m going to spend on The Wild Queen will be enough.

1 copy = 200 glory keys, 50 copies = 10000 glory keys. Errr, now I’m not so sure. Let’s see how many glory and gold keys I will amass by then, and how much gold I’ll have to spend to get the missing copies.

1 Like

Vault keys are rough to gauge:

You’ll walk away “happy” with:

100 Gems
12 Gem Keys
10 Event keys
Orb of Ascension/Orb of Clans (I guess)/Orb of Wisdom (for people that still need to trait things)

It’s debatable with:

Cedric Sparklesack/Valraven/Treasure Gnome
20 Diamonds

and you walk losing with:

50k Gold
2,000 Souls
Orb of Growth

so… 120 Gems for 15 Gems, 15 Diamonds, 4 Celestials and one of the above Vault keys prizes and some bounty hunter troops. If you’re feeling lucky, its a fair gamble. At worst, its only 120 Gems, you can get it back with hourly tributes, treasure hunts, gold chests, weekly events, pvp defense cascades etc…

2 Likes

They seem to have looked at the data and created the following set of weapons to address what is probably a fatal flaw in their Raids / Invasions economy.

1. Given the gem price, only end-game players can afford to buy tiers over a sustained period.
  2. End-game players are not stupid and will only spend gems on items which offer value.
  3. Most end-game players have decks which allow them to play Raids / Invasion without buying any tiers. Many seem quite happy to grab just the low lying fruit which they laid out for the early / mid-game players .
  4. The Mang mechanic is the most popular way end-game players play raids / invasions.

=> Build lots of Mang type weapons so that end-game players will buy at least Tier 3.

From the spoiler weapons list, it is hard to tell which will work and which will be a dud. Adding to the complication is that the purpose of these weapons is for Raids / Invasions. Given the troop restrictions for these modes, this makes it impossible to know for certain.

:persevere: Looks like I will be playing a lot more Raids / Invasions.

2 Likes

Or they might stick with what works and skip buying the alternatives.