(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

In that case, @en9nhcet really needs to improve; 1512 Rhynax could, after all, carry 24192 Goblins then. Only owning 3284 means a lot of wasted potential and loss of power. But maybe en9nhcet is still only starting out, so it’s super-understandable. :grin:You’ll get there, friend! Don’t give up, keep opening these chests for Goblins and you’ll win all the matches soon enough!

…On that note, if one Rhynax can carry 16 normal Goblins… what about the Goblin King? While we don’t know how much Zaejin royalty en9nhcet owns, I now wonder how many Goblin Kings 1512 Rhynax could carry.

1 Like

Mono red is the standard color for the troops which means devs didn’t decide yet his colors.

1 Like

Are we really get a Mythic next week without any notifications? (yeah I repeat myself)

1 Like

Sea Troll has a lot of overlap on Venoxia (although a dual spawner) and then subsequently Kraken and Nyx overlapped them all for blue spawners of the same exact colors whose spells all did something in addition to spawning blue, which I’ve always really disliked. Its part of the reason why Sea Troll is the worst troll (that and his traits are still awful). Forest Troll duplicates Templar’s colors and Templar converts red to green, but they at least fundamentally different in roles. I can see them wanting to “play it safe” here considering what happened after Forest Troll’s introduction strong troop synergy despite the color synergy already existing (albeit much more conditional and with much less board turn over).

That being said, it is disappointing that he won’t bring any new color synergies to the table but just make existing ones take less effort, faster, or more potent, depending on the situation. Plus, subpar traits, which I guess will now be a quality of half the trolls with the other half being really good. Pyromania instead of Aflame would make much more sense since he synergizes with things that cause burn because he creates red, he doesn’t need it himself, and I’m not sure why the “heart” traits are still being added at this rarity level other than “we couldn’t think of anything to put here, so heres a filler trait”.

3 Likes

I thought the next one was 24th, a week tomorrow.

Does anyone know when the GW troops will be in guild chests? Shouldn’t it be like another week to end this rotation, so like 11/27? Please tell me the devs aren’t going to do another rotation.

arriving soon

Worldbreaker will be joining us early. Please be aware that Worldbreaker is the December mythic that is arriving a little sooner. :wink:

5 Likes

So he’s coming this friday?

Next Friday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering it’s now slower to get mana it seems like a strange time to release mythics with a higher than normal mana requirement.

Remember nothing is final til the troop is actually released. It could be changed at the very last minute.

The Mythic is:

THE WORLDBREAKER

Mythic Divinion Fields Dragon-Centaur

Vorpal Blade (32 Green/Red/Yellow): Explode 18 Gems on the Board. Deal [Magic + 5] damage to all enemies. 

MAX 20 Attack, 25 Life, 20 Armor, 9 Magic

Indigestible: Immunity to Devour.
24 Minor Fire Traitstone Minor Fire Traitstone
32 Major Fire Traitstone Major Fire Traitstone
16 Runic Fire Traitstone Runic Fire Traitstone

Infernal Armor: Reflect 25% of Skull damage.
32 Major Fire Traitstone Major Fire Traitstone
9 Arcane Beast Traitstone Arcane Beast Traitstone
9 Arcane Storm Traitstone Arcane Storm Traitstone

Insane Growth: Gain 4 to a random Skill on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
12 Arcane Beast Traitstone Arcane Beast Traitstone
12 Arcane Storm Traitstone Arcane Storm Traitstone
4 Celestial Traitstone Celestial Traitstone

Exile target artifact, enchamant or land.

Scheduled for 11/23/2017. All future troop details are subject to change at any time.

4 Likes

Blob matches still generate ludicrous amounts of mana, and there are still some semi-consistent ways to trigger blobs. Whats strange is the relative magnitude of the spell for that mana, given troops already pioneering the damaging-exploder combo (The Dragon Soul, Infernus). I think the idea is that the additional explosions make it easier for him to self fill so they increased his cost to compensate, but it is common knowledge for anyone that frequently plays exploders that a huge chunk of your mana generated comes from board refresh cascades, which makes there be very little functional difference between 10 explosions and 26+.

3 Likes

Explode 18 gems may as well be written as ‘destroy all gems on the board and collect their mana’…

This spell is likely to be highly self sufficient, as well as dishing out high aoe damage, especially with plenty of rng chances for his trait to buff his magic stat. In the unity build board clear explosions seem to have a higher chance of landing a 4+ and looping than they used to… let’s keep his cost at that daft-looking 32 and see how he plays… it probably makes him a second exploder ‘ finisher behind Gorgotha or Infernus… if we find him unusable we feed back here and let’s get him buffed…

3 Likes

Going to go well with Bard and Dragon classes😁

Though I’m looking at placing him an all Centuar team of:

Artema
Herdmaster
Worldbreaker
Oracle w/ Lion and Tiger or Dawnbringer if and when I craft it.

nevermind_

No, I think he will be plenty usable because of how powerful exploders are in general, especially when combined with good secondary effects (damage being extremely powerful). He’ll fill just fine because of “Unity mana” (cascades, blobs, and exploderstorm-cascadeblobs). It is the attempt to balance him in this way that has me worried, because most of his fills will be from “Unity mana”, thus further cementing it as “the way the game is supposed to be” and yet another thing that has potential to be divisive if it ever gets changed. I already have a bunch of teams I know he’ll work in because of Unity mana.

1 Like

Yep, pretty close.

g(18) ≈ 56.31, which means you’re blowing up all but 8 gems on average.

5 Likes

Yes unity mana is seriously a thing. The unity build didn’t just speed up the game by quadrupling the animation speed. Leads to my sense that the game swings ever further along that spectrum from chess to whackamole.

Re Worldbreaker, kinda shame that the game’s biggest mythic yet can’t do something a little more imaginative and flavourful than explode with aoe. My kids could write that.

6 Likes

Its not exactly earth shattering, is it?

4 Likes