(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

1. [The Lord of Slaughter]
    Description: The Gnoll is greater than the sum on it’s parts.

to

Description: The Gnoll is greater than the sum of its parts.

Finally! They fixed the flavor text. Next up, 50% mana troops? Nah. I’ll keep dreaming. We’re adding The Ghost Queen’s " Gain 50% Mana to all Undead Allies when battle begins." to the pile of non-sense (Captain Macaw was Give 50% Mana, and that was already an outlier to almost every other one)

17 [TEMPLE] Temple
18 [TEMPLE_WIN_BATTLES] Win battles to fill your shrine with resources and activate a special offer.

Shrine of Cunning
Statue of Wealth
%1 Gold to

more key terms coming in…

1. Baphomet
    The Destrier of Worlds.

Arcane: Dark
Base Rarity: Legendary
Troop Type: Daemon, Centaur
Troop Role: Assassin

Fiery Rampage
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to 3 random Enemies. If the Enemy is Burning, deal double damage.

Mana Color: Red, Purple
Mana Cost: 17

Trait #1: Fireproof
Immunity to Burning and Faerie Fire.

Trait #2: Infernal Armor
Reflect 25% of Skull damage.

Trait #3: Scalding Strike
Deal triple Skull damage vs. Burning enemies.

Ok, where do I start?

Holy moly. Well, 3x skull damage to burning enemies without having to take a Fire hero to level 100. 3x skull to burning enemies without having to run the hero in first slot?

Also, that spell is really strong if you can manage to burn the entire team. Assassin also gives it 4 atk/4 magic, beefing up its abilities by a lot.

How is this not a Mythic? lol.

1. Herald of Damnation
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

Arcane: Lava
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Type: Daemon, Knight
Troop Role: Generator

Hell Gaze
Convert Blue Gems to Purple. Curse and Burn the Strongest Enemy.

Mana Color: Red, Brown
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #1: Death Touch
Inflict Death Mark when doing Skull damage.

Trait #2: Armored
Reduce damage from Skulls by 25%.

Trait #3: Empowered
Start battles with full Mana.

Hurray, Brown is finally getting another Empowered Troop. I hate Empowered Troops, but Brown Day Guild Wars was/is getting abused by other Empowered Troops with no recourse. This one turns Blue to Purple, so it stops Moon Rabbits Blue to Yellow.

I think we’re good on empowered after this?

1. Ankhnum
    Likes to kid around.

Arcane: Shield
Troop Type: Divine, Monster
Troop Role: Mage

Curse Seal
Deal [Magic + 1] damage to all Enemies, boosted by Cursed Enemies. For every Cursed Enemy, give a Barrier to a random Ally. [1:1]

Mana Color: Blue, Brown
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #1: Accursed
All enemies lose 2 random Skill points.

Trait #2: Mana Shield
Immunity to Mana Burn, Mana Drain and Mana Steal.

Trait #3: Curse of Khet
25% chance to Curse a random Enemy when my turn begins.

The boost ratio doesn’t makes much sense here. So the actual spell will only gain… 4 extra damage?

Its secondary ability is much easier nowadays with Kurandara/E.Kurandara or quite a few other troops that curse all enemies, meaning this can be setup to be a Damage to All + Barrier All troop. (Once the enemy starts losing troops, you lose Barrier ability too). The 3rd trait is a bit weak though at 25%, but oh well.

Will it see play? not with a 25% trait… (I’d like to see it at 50% if its going to only curse 1 random target), but otherwise it could have combo potential to be useful.

1. Emperinazar faction troops:

5.1 Kobold
Kobooooold…

Arcane: Mountain
Base Rarity: Rare
Troop Type: Goblin, Naga
Troop Role: Striker

Bone Hunt
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Skulls. Then either gain an extra turn, OR create 7 Skulls. [3:1]

Mana Color: Yellow, Brown
Mana Cost: 11

Trait #1: Deep Vitality
Gain 9 Life when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Fast
Start battles with 50% Mana.

Trait #3: Stone Link
Gain bonus Brown Mana from Brown Gem matches

7 skulls is too inconsistent to use and single target damage is whatever.

5.2 Kobold Knight
Hold me closer, Tiny Lancer.

Arcane: Blade
Base Rarity: Ultra-Rare
Troop Role: Defender

Dragon Bash

Deal [Magic + 3] damage to the first 2 Enemies and Stun them. Then either gain an extra turn, OR gain 12 Armor.

Mana Color: Blue, Yellow
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #1: Deep Shield
Gain 9 Armor when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Alert
Immunity to Silence.

Trait #3: Tough Scales
Reduce damage from Skulls by 30%.

Decent troop, just decent, nothing more. You’ll have to use it for skull reduction, more than likely.

5.3 Kobold Magi
The wizard not the noodles.

Arcane: Storm
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Role: Mage

Dragon Lightning
Destroy a Column. Deal [Magic + 7] scatter damage. Then either gain an extra turn, OR gain 12 Magic.

Mana Color: Red, Yellow
Mana Cost: 13

Trait #1: Deep Magic
Gain 5 Magic when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Arcane
Gain 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell.

Trait #3: Spell Armor
Reduce damage from Spells by 25%.

Scatter damage. Pass

5.4 Emperinazara
Emperina’s biggest fan!

Arcane: Forest
Troop Role: Warmaster

Praise Emperina
Give [Magic + 1] Life to all Allies. Summon a random Kobold. Then either gain an extra turn, OR Summon another Kobold.

Mana Color: Green, Brown
Mana Cost: 15

Trait #1: Deep Magic
Gain 5 Magic when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Song of Bones
Summon a Bonestorm at the start of Battle.

Trait #3: Emperina’s Blessing
Give 2 Life and Magic to all Allies when matching Yellow Gems.

… ugh. Force starting a battle with a Bonestorm combined with exploding Gems at the start of battle with Potions is a bad thing… Give Life is OK, but it doesn’t help you win (and no boost ratios involved with the other 3 troops based on life). Inconsistent summons are also questionable, though an extra turn is not the worst booby prize.

Never knew Emperina (a Red/Brown troop) was associated with Yellow, but I guess here we are. The 3rd trait is strong, but with no way to replenish yellow gems during the delve… its a bit more limited. The boss room will also have this, so its a race to grab yellow gems.

Overall Emperinzar thoughts:

Its a 4 room delve where the best/only real damage pure faction option targets the first 2 enemies. Its going to be an underpowered slog to get through. The closest comparison I can make is if you used Cat Burglar exclusively to finish City of Thieves.

Not thrilled about this one. I wouldn’t say it looks “bad”, but it doesn’t look good in the slightest.

1. Emperina’s Tooth

Rarity: Legendary
Weapon Type: Dagger
Weapon Role: Striker

Emperina’s Tooth
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to the last Enemy. Then either gain an extra turn or summon a random Kobold.

shrug.

4 Likes