(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Looking at upcoming Mech P4-NTH4 that comes out on Mon Feb 24th and it says there is a 10% chance to kill the enemy boosted by their Armor. The ratio is listed as 0.2. Well, with the base 10% chance, the enemy only needs 450 Armor for there to be a 100% lethal chance.

You only need about 350 to reach about an 80% chance to kill, which is good enough most of the time.

This troop could be very useful for delves!

4 Likes

I’m dreading seeing it in delves / explore.

Bye-bye Rowanne teams and Shield of Urskaya’s near-invincibility…

3 Likes

You only need about 350 to reach about an 80% chance to kill, which is good enough most of the time.

In fact, it’s good enough 80% of the time.

6 Likes

Unless it hits the 20%, which is bad 100% of the time. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Monday we’re getting Malcandessa, who seems like a power jump over previous empowered converters in that she is immune to mana drain (via dark ancestry). In theory, this would take a common counter to empowered converters off the board (using Spirit Fox to drain their mana). BUT since Malcandessa converts yellow gems and Spirit Fox removes all yellow from the board, this counter remains intact, for now. Still a troop that will be used, as she’s only the second empowered converter to green we have.

(also, looks like on Taran’s that the next two mythics have been queued up; no info yet other than their names and kingdoms).

1 Like

And finally we arrive at the week where we will be presented with the sad faction of Lyzzara.
Moving on to something more interesting, does anyone know when we will have the new 4.8 Update?

Salty has said that the new beta format will debut for 4.8. We haven’t seen any sort of announcement about that, so we still need to go through announcement, tester selection, and the actual beta test. I’d be shocked if 4.8 were released before the faction after this one. But the only people who can give you real information, rather than just guesses, have gems next to their user names—and they aren’t talking (for now).

new spoilers. woohoo!

Its nice to see the devs read the spoilers thread. (at least I think they do). Salty definitely does.

1. Will of Nysha has been buffed to something respectable… or at least a bit better.

Spell Description: Steal 3 Magic from all Enemies, then deal [(Magic / 2) + 1] damage to them.

Spell Cost: 24
Trait #2: Spell Armor (Reduce damage from Spells by 25%)

To:

Spell Description: Steal 3 Magic from all Enemies, then deal [Magic + 1] damage to them.

Spell Cost: 22
Trait #2: Spell Block
Reduce damage from Spells by 50%.

If the devs would kindly lower Champion of Anu’s mana cost to 22 as well, that’d be nice. Oh, and lower Mother of Darkness’s mana cost from 24 to …something better and add a little more power to her.

Will of Nysha looks like a fun long-game troop, though nothing meta crushing. Good new player troop. May not see any play from end-game players though since stealing 3 magic per troop is almost nothing.

1. Deep Hive troops:

Beetle Blade
Protect the Hive
Deal [Magic + 5] damage to an Enemy. If there is 13 or more Brown Gems, deal triple damage.

Mana Color: Yellow, Brown
Mana Cost: 10

The brown version and slightly less obnoxious version of Werecat. Pairs nicely with Mountain Crusher…

Edit: Realized it doesn’t have Werecat loopy fun or the weirdly worded independent chance bonuses. … well. huh.

Moth Mage
Metamorphosis
Deal [(Magic / 2) + 1] damage to all Enemies. There are independent 25% chances, boosted by Brown Gems, to gain an extra turn and half my mana back. [0.01]
Mana Color: Purple, Brown
Mana Cost: 12

Hmm. A mouthful, but will have to see if its any good with that magic/2.

Queen Beetrix
Hornet’s Nest
Create 9 Green and 9 Brown Gems, then deal [(Magic x 2) + 6] true scatter damage. There are independent 40% chances, to gain an extra turn and half my mana back.
Mana Color: Blue, Green
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #3: Royal Honey
Cleanse all Allies when matching 4 or more Gems.

Blue/Green finally gets a cleanser to go along with Voice of Orpheus Red/Yellow/Purple. Brown still gets the shaft and yet could use the most help against empowered non-sense currently.

It has a 40% chance to be good and get an extra turn, otherwise 9/9 mix has a decent chance of giving the enemy all of that mana. The fact the troop is Green/Blue and makes Green/Brown makes it practically a wannabe King Gobtruffle, which I’m not a fan. Mixed feelings.

Scarab Knight
Scarab Shield
Gain Barrier and [Magic + 1] Armor. There are independent 25% chances, boosted by Brown Gems, to gain an extra turn and half my mana back. [3:1]
Mana Color: Green, Brown
Mana Cost: 12
Trait #3: Stoneskin
Reduce damage from Skulls by 50%.

I wish it gained attack too like Wild Knight. Barrier and Armor is strong, though the extra turn gimmick from 3 of the 4 troops will make sure Scarab Knight has holes in it. Doesn’t help Queen Beetrix does True Scatter Damage, which is normally useless unless you have like 1-2 troops left.

Edit: Its weird that I’m annoyed that Queen Bee is a wannabe King Gobtruffle, but want an attack buff for Scarab Knight which would make it a wannabe Wild Knight without the gem explosion. Actually, I’m surprised this doesn’t explode a gem. Well… huh.

Overall: eh? Has some power to it, has somethings I don’t like and I don’t know what I want to do with these 4 yet.

1. Lyrasza from this Friday’s faction has been minor buffed.

OR Explode 5 Gems. → OR Explode 7 Gems.

If they were to give “half my mana back” on the OR Jumble the Board and gain a extra turn part, then it’d feel a bit better. Until then, she’s still underpowered for 16 mana. (weak aoe for 16 mana, or 7 mana War Sphinx for 16 mana, or explode 7 for 16 mana.)

1. April 29th for the Sacred Cub pet, from Whitehelm. Helpful to any that still needs to do Hall of Guardian.

Not much after that, some minor stuff. No idea what " OR Give 0.34 Magic to all other Allies" will be for the Staff of Insanity. I’d laugh if it legit gave troops 1/3rd of 1 magic.

6 Likes

I will summarize my initial impressions in a few words. The next faction seems to be definitely better than Lyzzara’s this Friday, although a faction worse than Lyzzara’s is difficult. But I see greater possibilities with Hive’s troops, and that’s a good thing.
As for Lyzzara, it increases from 5 to 7 the amount of gems she can explode in one of her skill’s side effect options does not change much, that is, she remains a horrible legendary troop, the kind that we will forget two days after the faction’s weekend event is over.

4 Likes

And no new pets for Pridelands in the next 2 months. 1 new cosmetic pet from Pan’s Vale comes though. Why?..

More RNG troops… just dressed differently…

Can a Dev pretty please make this “are” instead of “is”? Grinds my gears :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Also appears in Champion of Gaard’s spell, and probably elsewhere.

3 Likes

Hammerclaw and Werecat (with the even worse “if there’s 13 or more” like Champion of Gaard).

2 Likes

Hum, definitely better?

I will wait to see the comments about how better it is when lvl 500 boss rooms troops of AI get 10 extra turns while player one get none (multiple consecutive cast of the queen are gonna be fun doing 500 faction run, 200+ true damage each time lol).

RE: “new update when”?

Updates tend to be quarterly, roughly 3 months apart. Some of the content runs out mid-March, which lines up with “3 months after December”, so somewhere in March is where I’m placing my bets.

My understanding is today’s stream shows off “something controversial” from 4.next. Usually they don’t start showing or concretely discussing features until we’re ~2 weeks away. So join me in a rousing chorus of “holy smokes February is almost over!”

1 Like

No art assets for Brawlmaster Bur’Nakh or any of the Deep Hive troops. We’re at most a month away from the update, probably closer, I’d be surprised if we don’t see the full Preview Stream soon.

The fact that they haven’t scheduled one yet is interesting.

1 Like

There is no use crying. If we want better troops, we must accept that they will be equally better in the hands of the enemy. It is better to confront a challenging troop and have it on your team later than to face a useless troop and have it only in the collection later.

Anything with “random” is quite useless unless you’re doing repetable stuff (used cerberus for months to do dungeon when low lvl and had to restart matches a lot) so defo those future troops will go in a corner together with werestuff and lyzara for anything serious.

For all the non serious stuff then everything is fun and megaosom so no use cry about lyzara either.

Well,actually there’s a difference, those “chance of extra turn” stuff can work well on GW defs to make more ppls ragequit :3.

Hmm. A mouthful, but will have to see if its any good with that magic/2.

I think you misspelled “mothful”

Other than that, I do like how the hive at least looks somewhat good. Extra turn chances may be a touch annoying not unlike stonesong, but the spells also seem decent anyway, so I’m looking forward to it with great anticipation.

4 Likes