(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

It’s really the same. The way I approach is to thread in a pure faction run at certain break points, e.g. at level 100 and 200. So even if I lose a troop, the level 110 or 210 run will recover any renown I missed out on.

5 Likes

Madness Storm ???

Conjure a Madness Storm when my turn begins.

eek that card is hideous…

as data implied, this is likely to be a double-coloured storm (blue + purple).
and dev stream already showed that double-coloured storm will appear in 4.7.5.

1 Like

new storm who dis

5 Likes

Heads up, the sister Kingdom for Werewoods is Urskaya.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Hello people. The end of the year was very busy and only now I was able to organize here. How are you? Do we have any news about the next update?

See this post for transcribed 4.75 patch notes from the last GoW stream: link.

woo. Beastmaster Torbern’s 3rd trait has been switched to 2 attack/2 armor

New spoilers, mainly class stuff

1. Deep Hive banner is +2 Brown +1 Green -1 Red (the weapon is from Drifting Sands)

2. Sin of Maraj (from previous spoiler) and Mech (this spoiler) are the next 2 non-useless pets.

3. Monk Hero class:
    Trait #1: Sky Ancestry
    Immune to Mana Drain, Silence, Faerie Fire, and Mana Burn.

Trait #2: Agile
20% chance to dodge Skull damage.

Trait #3: Good Karma
Gain 3 Mana when matching 4 or more Gems.

That’s good.

Spiked Manriki
Deal [Magic + 5] splash damage to an Enemy and the Enemy below them. Stun and inflict Bleed to the targeted Enemies.

Another Tian Yi like effect, but less stun. Eh.

Monk looks solid with Stone, Water, Life

Let this sink in: With Stone’s Fortitude, this class will be:

Immune to Mana Drain, Silence, Faerie Fire, and Mana Burn.
Immune to Stun, Poison, Disease, Death Mark and Devour.

AND will have Purification from Life tree.

1. Doomsayer:
    Trait #1: Accursed
    All enemies lose 2 random Skill points.

Trait #2: Omen of Dark
Explode a Purple Gem at the start of battle.

Trait #3: Doom Sight
25% Chance to Death Mark a random enemy when matching 4 or more Gems.

Neat, probably.

Sins’ Harvest
Deal [(Magic / 2) + 1] damage to all Enemies. Convert Yellow to Doomskulls.
Rarity: Mythic
Mana Color: Purple
Mana Cost: 14

Pure Purple weapon converting Yellow to Doomskulls. Seems pointless considering Doomed Scythe does the same thing without Magic/2. The weapon affixes don’t amount to much either unless you dislike the Doomed Scythe’s Bonestorm. Kinda disappointing tbh.

2 Likes

…and get 3 mana from the 4/5 matches. Not surprising Elves get all the love.

I’ll still hold out hope that Barbarian’s Agile gets upgraded to Artema’s Dextrous at least. A legendary troop out-manuevering an Orc Hero? Not in my Universe. But this is not my Universe.

3 Likes

Jfc :dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Say what now?
It’s no mystery which class will be featured heavily in annoying looping defense teams.

2 Likes

I mean, I’ve always wanted it, for precisely the same reasons I thought we’d never see it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

It’s almost a shame that Insulated from Water clashes with Purification :grimacing:

Plus Medals of Cedric.

Wild. This trait+talent combo, while superficially making sense, breaks two of the unwritten rules in the GoW design:

• Allows the hero to be invulnerable to both mana drain and stun; I don’t think any existing troops have been allowed to have that combo.

• Allows for basically an impervious hero (it’s arguably better than impervious, since you can’t be mana drained, although hero is still vulnerable to transformation I guess).

Titan has a new rival for best class in the game, if this releases as-is.

Speaking of rules, glad they changed Torbern’s trait, even though they changed it to be strictly worse (couldn’t they have boosted magic with this random, borderline-usable troop?).

Doomsayer getting passive death mark is going to be annoying. However, maybe it will allow Bastite Princess to become usable, as a 12-mana dual converter?

Both weapons look pretty good. The scythe does overlap with doomed scythe, but it is faster, and will be more easily accessible to newer players :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank u, Voq.

Why did they wait until the second last hero to put a proper kingdom/type trait on a hero? I’ve wanted this on every hero ever dammit

Archer - Wood Ancestry: Drain, Silence, Faerie Fire and Entangle
Archmagus - High Ancestry: Drain, silence, Faerie Fire and Death mark
Assassin - already immune to poison, but should get Tough Scales
Deathknight and Necromancer - Undying (which IMO should also get an immunity to Bleed)
Hierophant - Fireproof, and give it a different talent tree instead of Fire
Orbweaver - Dark Ancestry: Drain, Silence, Faerie Fire and Web
Runepriest and Slayer - Fortitude
Sentinel - no immunity, but maybe Bloodlust instead of leader
Tidecaller - Slippery: Web

But I could go on for pages and pages about changes I’d like to see to Hero Traits and Talent trees, which sucks, because we’ll probably never see any changes made at all to these systems for a long time, unless they suddenly change their stance and revisit an old class each month once these last 3 are released

3 Likes

Nice to see another good troop coming next week, in the form of bounty troop Crysturtle. Finally we get another universal converter to brown, though it’s a shame that it takes blue mana (overlapping with Apothecary). It’s also slower than Apothecary at 12 mana, making it generally worse, but it will likely have a niche on some teams.

The Merlantis glory and siegebreaker troops are nondescript, though the siegebreaker is noteworthy if, as I had heard somewhere, Merlantis is the last kingdom to have an invasion. It’ll be interesting to see in February if we start seeing repeat event troops, or a change in the event altogether (since we are well in advance of 5.0).

2 Likes