(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I want a new game mode to suppliment PvP, the old Explore, and Arena that isn’t limited play per day like Delves, Guild Events, Other events, Pets encounters, etc.

Some things like Explore didn’t need an enhancement. One can only hope this 4.6 shows this is new change is manageable.

Hey this is all speculation but since we’re in a spoilers thread, maybe I can help you feel a little better.

From what I see, there are 12 difficulty levels in the new Explore landscape and you get to choose one. Call it a hunch, but I bet difficulty level 1 is “classic Explore” for your Sunbird blasting fix. You won’t get as many of the other new rewards doing this, but I think it’s always been fair to say in Explore we’ve traded “faster matches” for “less stuff”.

Sure, you’re going to want to do a higher-difficulty grind for the prizes, but as far as I can tell that’s going to be mercifully fast compared to the challenge completion grind. Once you get your treats, you’re done.

I do feel a lot of what you’re feeling, and I hope the above is right.

4 Likes

Does anyone have the info on what the exact buffs are that medals give and how much of a stat boost elite levels on troops give?

Late, but this week looks like we have some unspectactular troop releases from Grosh-Nak (of course, has to maintain its rep as the sorriest kingdom). The bounty troop is a Turtle Cannon clone. This should be ok for bounty hunting, but like all the Turtle Cannons, not as good as the trolls for general use.

I can tell you Gorgotha’s role as a defender gave him…

Bronze - 1 armor - 3 life - 0 magic
Silver - 2 armor - 6 life - 0 magic
Gold - 4 armor - 8 life - 0 magic

However I have no way of knowing if these are applied separately at each level or if that is the total after completing each level. I suspect it is the total after completing each level since some other bonuses work similarly.

I also assume all defenders are the same. The others are based on their roles too and should see similar stat boosts to their most role useful stats.

2 Likes

You are not wrong in general, re trolls and the Turtle Cannon esque troops, particularly in the hands of the AI. Rover is poor in that it can’t be at the top of the order, it’s colours don’t synergise so well with optimum stuff at the same time. Conversely however, Turtle Cannon in the hands of a player and using a Doomed Weapon can be effective , if (and that’s the caveat - if) you use it wisely.

Turtle has stoneskin, so it can withstand none enraged blows okay. This tends to allow you to go extreme with green. I can’t remember the exact team, (will dig it out) but I did use something with T/C and Doomed Club pretty okay levelling Frostmage or possibly Warden I think.

(After looking deep into discord and Line ) - I think the team was Wrath, T/C, Doomed Club and Forest Guardian. I think now it would probably work similarly with Glaive. I know I used it on brown GW to nice effect, (with Yasmine instead of FG iirc) but it was hopeless on defence. On offence, you pick the gems around doomskulls and ofc other skulls and with Wrath exploding skulls and so on, it generated and filled easily. This can give it a little advantage over Forest Troll at certain times when player controlled.

Could work with Corsair blue, keeping Fg for 50% start I suppose, or Tidecaller which has the fast and the blue explosions.

1 Like

It’s applied separately at each level. So, Gorgotha would get +17 life and +7 armor once he had the gold enhancement. And, yes, this would apply to all troops with the Defender role.

4 Likes

You would think someone could have told me this when I asked during the beta. :rage:

haha yea

I did it the old fashion way by testing it out.

3 Likes

Isn’t that the way virtually everything is that isn’t explicitly stated in the portion of patch notes we see on beta?

Sometimes, I wonder if we spend half of our time trying to figure out how things work before attempting to evaluate whether those things are even working as intended.

5 Likes

Wow! That is significant. It is much higher than I would have expected. Thank you.

1 Like

… I hadn’t realized it was additive, myself. :thinking: … Yes, much more useful …

Good points (especially re: using the Turtle Cannon on defense)! Yeah, if you get a mix of doomskulls and the desired color, it could perform better than Forest Troll (by chipping in some damage too). I would expect there still to be some consistency issues with Turtle Cannon though, mainly due to needing skulls and the fact that its gem creation can be wasted on overwriting green gems on the board.

War Wolf’s traits are, like Rover-300, also pretty shabby, further restricting its use.

Oh it is hopeless on defence indeed.

I decided to wheel out Turtle Cannon for PvP T3 yesterday and today. It took me a while and a fair amount of losses, based on the fact that I’ve levelled everything useful herowise and am left with Oracle and Knight… I’ve also got Corsair still to make the last leg of it’s career path, but as the former two are only 15 or so levels between them from dust, I’ve soldiered on and I’ve teams for Corsair specifically.

Effectively, what you do with TC is go large and cater for overflow and take any skulls away from any green clusters. By using Doomed Glaive (or let’s say for maybe argument’s sake, Sylvanimora), you can explode with impunity most of the time, filling things with overflow, such as Weaver for example. Yes Doomskulls can be left and still blast through entangle, but the stoneskin generally sees you through a fail. As we know, a good alignment for a doomed weapon can often take out 2 troops, sometimes all, but this strategy requires you to avoid being killed first, In that regard, like anything that’s the issue.

I have tried it with King Gobtruffle and that is interesting, the brown refills the cannon - ala Forest Troll, and also fills Doomed Glaive. Unfortunately as I’m not using optimum classes, if I lose it’s because I lose the race to cast. I may try it with Fist of Zorn and Glaive (purely for the entangle) and see how it goes with the usual supporting cohorts.

TC is more resilient than War Wolf, as with all these teams with Webspinner up front and cleanse/bless empowered start, anything less than Stoneskin is more or less instant death (unless using Rock Solid). War wolf could have it’s uses, it’s stonger than the trolls that don’t have any skull negation, possibly could work with an Orc team to some extent, fill Orc maybe or Fel Dras. Refill with Gar Nok etc. Red Doomed weapon etc.

Shame no Orc class ofc…

1 Like

These are my two lowest as well, and the ones I’ve decided I’m just not even going to bother levelling any further for now (both in the 50s) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

Thanks for filling us in on the results of your experiments. I had thought Turtle Cannon would go well with the Gobtruffle team, as it would take care of any leftover doomskulls left from a doomed glaive/Maraji Queen cast and keep the loop going. If you have The Wild Queen, that’s another important troop I think TC would synergize effectively with (working similarly, say, to Forest Guardian). Fist of Zorn is an interesting idea too, I’m curious how that will work out.

War Wolf generates red, and Flame Troll is one of the trolls without skull negation traits, but 25% reduction as you said is not really enough to make a difference. It does take different colors from Flame Troll, avoiding the overlapping problem that TC/Forest Troll have. I’m still not sure that would create a niche for War Wolf though, given its poor traits.

1 Like

Not really a spoiler, but the Xbox One Achievements went live in the am hours today.

I don’t know how early they are with it (bout effing time if you ask me), but Patch is soontm-ish. Probably out before Guild Wars lol

3 Likes

It’s in Apple’s and Sony’s hands then.
That never happens… Lol

Well, if they have released the achievement list, its past the certification point and more on the scheduled to release portion.

I’m not saying your wrong. But not exactly. It just means Microsoft has approved the patch. Google is always the first to approve it because they don’t give a Google. But Sony and Apple still have to approve the patch before the devs will release it. (No idea how Amazon does it, I’m assuming they are more like Google though)