(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Rowanne has a good armor boost.
Sunbird has a great life boost.

Strygik doesn’t have a chance unless there’s a yellow version of the Umberwolf. Too inconsistent otherwise. Bard would take too long to buff it up.

I could be wrong, but I’m just not seeing it.

1 Like

On split damage? Not really…

1 Like

I feel like all Stryx are balanced around Garuda giving 5 attack, life, and magic. Too bad there isn’t any magic bonus on him.

I do wonder if there is some Mythic Stryx planned some day off in the future that binds them all together to be a solid team. Right now, they just don’t come together.

Garuda only gives stryxes 5 to life and attack.

And Garuda uses the same colours so it should be difficult to get the two in the same team.

I see this troop being used with the likes of Mercy, Alchemist, Desert Troll or Sekhma. As well as other yellow spammers.

So, this is how an armored owlbear look like… pretty cute.
Btw finally red/yellow traitstone incoming at last. great!!

1 Like

The closest troop should be Zephyros: Destroy a Column. Deal [Magic + 8] damage randomly split among enemies, boosted by Yellow Gems destroyed. [10x]

Deals [Magic + 8] damage randomly split amongst enemies, boosted by Yellow Gems. Summon a Lightstorm. [3x]

Of course, Zephyros is a meh troop. Strygeek has the advantage to help with his Lightstorm which could be interesting in a full yellow troop.

Split damage is difficult to balance because when only one troop is remaining it becomes a target spell and so, it should be at the same range than this kind of spell. Here, we have a 12+8+14+3x10=64 damage or 16 damage to all, not too bad. I will certainly increase the multiplier to x4.
Else, the issue is maybe the split damage mechanic: maybe a damage bonus should be added according to the number of remaining troops…

Another issue with this troop: imagine you cast him once so you have your Lightstorm and then you use an exploder. Then, the board is full of yellow gems like 20 of them. A great damage bonus but of course there will be 4+match that you will have to take… So maybe a “If there are 13 or more Yellow gems, gain an extra turn.” could be nice, so you can cast him even if there is many yellow gems.

3 Likes

Storms are already being farmed out so heavily on traits for random troops for the whole suncrest/Stryx “theme” of creating storms with their spells is even more marginalized than it already was, especially since their benefit from storm is tangential at best (eg,. Garuda’s magic gain for having red gems on the board, and now Strygik’s boost for having yellow on the board, but none combine board mod with any storm). It might be cool if at least some of them could benefit directly from having a storm out, possibly any storm.

Speaking about this troop specifically, although the current draft of Strygik can do a lot of damage with a massively stacked yellow board if you do happen to spam yellows, you will have to take most of them away to not be subjected to the AI taking a bunch of match 4 or 5s after you fire your spell. Its rare to get above about 16 gems of a color on the board without a match 4 or 5 of that color being immediately available, so the damage potential simply isn’t going worth a multi-troop setup except at very early game, and you need at least a board refresher or yellow generator for it to reach this point. Oh, and this trait set is really, really bad for any stage of the game, basically we have a pure filler trait, a trait that will have minor impact unless you use it as skull fodder which doesn’t fit its design, and a trait that has negligible impact on a split damage troop - not worth the 12 arcanes if they are scare, won’t matter at all if they aren’t.

2 Likes

Adding ‘explode gems in an X shape’ to the end of his spell is what I would have done. (Even though exploders are a bit of a blight currently :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Fits with his Double Axe imagery.

3 Likes

This troop need a massive rework before release. Not another useless Epic troop my brain screams…

At least, he’s not the worst epic unit. Compare to ifrit, raven or tau for example, he’s a lot better. But you still right, have some rework will be nice. Unfortunately there is a lot of other unit who need it too before. And about reworking… Well, after 3 year, some unit are still waiting this… So have better to be really really really patient…

Anyone knows if there will be a new kingdom release in December?

Latest word is no new kingdom in December. Probably Bright Forest in January, but no confirmation of kingdom or release date yet.

5 Likes

Thanks goodwill.

1 Like

You sure? I think nim mentionned new kingdom dec 22th

New Mythic on December 22. I could have missed something, but I’m pretty sure. Let me dig around a little bit…

Here’s Cyrup 6 days ago:

3 Likes

Ok plan may have changed my infos was older

1 Like

Yeah, there was an issue with Shentang (might be related to the artwork that was a little too closely “inspired” by another picture) and it seems like Bright Forest might not quite have been ready for release in time.

I’d rather they wait and get things well-designed and balanced before they push them out. Probably lots of people on vacation in December, too, so I don’t mind the delay.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad it’s not a kingdom it’s a mythic due for dec 22th

There is also the fact that Shentang should be released as the same time than the GoW release in China. Maybe it was postponed. Maybe that’s why Salty want to China.

For the picture, devs still use it from what we can see on yesterday streaming, so not sure, if it’s troublesome or not…

Maybe they got permission to use it?
I thought bright forest was coming before the year end? Maybe I misheard the comment in the stream but it’s definitely coming before shentang. Hopefully the bright forest will come with that double green banner we’re all waiting for.
By the way, I totally agree with the comments around bright forest not being ready. If you look at taransworld most of the traits and descriptions aren’t finished, whereas shentang troops are more or less complete.