(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

It also has Blue for Gem Mastery, which definitely feels like a new level of weirdness, given that it’s a Red/Brown kingdom. On the positive side this means we’ll finally getting a sixth kingdom that requires blue deeds instead of yet another brown one. I still wonder if this kingdom wasn’t originally supposed to be Red/Blue, with some unusual case of color blindness throwing a wrench into design plans.

1 Like

That “blue” seems a placeholder, but maybe (i hope too) will be like that

1 Like

Start of every turn is different than start of my turn, though. Theoretically of course.

Is it just me, or does the spell for the upcoming Herald of Torpor (Hellcrag / July 18) look identical to the spell for Oneiros (Divinion Fields, a few campaigns back)?

I’m sure it’s just a placeholder for another spell. They’re gonna change it to its designated spell once they have all the info :man_shrugging:t5: :man_shrugging:t5: :man_shrugging:t5:

20220612_091059436

So, good and evil gargoyle gems… :thinking:

I’m guessing “Create 5 Doomskulls, boosted by Evil Gargoyle.” is supposed to say “Evil Gargoyle Gems.” We’re off to a good start.

Edit:

Trait #3: Dust Plume
Conjure a Duststorm when my turn begins.

Ok, we’re off to a good start.

1 Like

Troop: Chalcedony

Base Rarity: Legendary

Trait #3: Pathfinder
Gain 2x/2.5x/3x Miles in my Journey Event, based on my ascensions.

Upcoming Hellcrag pathfinder currently seems to have wrong base rarity.
(and, hopefully, Hellcrag hero class will be a construct and made available before Journey event for us to be able to better utilize its spell Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy. Then create 3 Brown Gems, boosted by all Construct Allies. [3x])

new hero class “geomancer”

The Molten Dipper
Explode a Column. Create a Gargoyle for each Red or Brown Gem in the chosen Column. [1:1]

Trait #1: Stone Heart
Gain 1 Life for each Brown ally.

Trait #2: Stoneskin
Reduce damage from Skulls by 50%.

Trait #3: Infuse Stone
All Construct Allies start with 50% Mana.

1 Like

Stone, Arcane, Knowledge. Not a great combination.

We already get Stone/Knowledge on Runepriest and the best feature of Arcane, 50% mana start is a 3rd trait for this class.

So we have:

Impact
filler talent
Anti-Magic Sphere/Golem Protector
Tactician (RIP Mana Source)
Rock Solid (unless you really want all allies to gain 1 magic)
Tree of Knowledge (or Brown/Purple link)
Fortitude (unless you want the construct lv 100 gimmick of 10 life to all constructs)

Its kinda rare to say a class needs a better 3rd trait than a 50% mana start to a troop type, but it just doesnt really work here. Either Arcane tree doesnt fit or the 3rd trait doesnt fit, not because I want to make the class stronger, but because its just too hyper narrow of a class to have both at once and kinda doesn’t leave room for the class to be fun. Players basically get the same experience on Runepriest minus the 50% start, which isnt all that big when Anu medals exist.

Not that it matters, but imagine if we had something like Explode a random Gem when matching Brown Gems or Cleanse all allies when matching Brown Gems with this combination…

3 Likes

So, if I’m seeing things correctly, Chernabog looks like it will make a decent alternative to using Mountain Crusher when combined with Geomancer class. You’ve got the perpetual brown storm combined with self-feeding brown/purple mana (50% mana start from Geomancer) and exploding most of the board. On top of that it’s got 50% Skull reduction. This combo gives flexibility for a replacement frontline troop and frees the Hero to use a different strategy like summons or raw damage without being chained to mana production. At the very least, it will be nice to provide some variety to the innumerable MC teams.

I’m looking forward to trying out some neat teams with this.

6 Likes

something like this

I knew it. It was a matter of time before we got 50% mana start for Constructs. What I’m looking forward to is finally getting to use the Stone Slicer in interesting teams.

3 Likes

When will see a Wargare class. Wulfgarok is crying :rofl:

Potentially interesting, 4 pets for Forest of Thorns, all related to single troops:

First single troop bonus pet for a mythic. And 4 for the same kingdom, suggests some kind of new event to release them? :thinking:

I’m just happy that the devs are addressing the pet blockages while simultaneously freshening up some of the older troops which don’t work quite so well in the current state of the game. Not that they’ll be amazing after, but I think this is an ok way to buff some troops without completely retooling their spells.

But they need to create new system on how we can get pets… Hunting for pet gnome and getting one pet out of 100+ pets are not feasible anymore… It might work long time ago when there was maybe 50 pets in the pool but with 100+ pets in the pool, the odds of specific pet happening in pet rescue is extremely low.

4 Likes

please tell me this isn’t a test run to see if a pet for every troop is viable somehow.

can already see them retooling drool’goth for the same purpose

The problem isn’t when you need an “ordinary” pest to upgrade for kingdom stars. Yes, pest rescue events are notoriously unreliable and fickle… but if you’re actually at the blockage where you need the level 20 pest and you have an “ordinary” pest that fits the bill, they’ll start popping up in Daily Deals and Arena offers as well and at a darned good price. (Price compared to other stuff they try and mug you for.)

The problem is when you need all the other types of pests. If you have the option of upgrading the faction pest, you still have to beat the delve at level 500 with a faction team, something much easier said than done. (And I’ve got maximum renown on 31 delves, which makes me something of an expert on that process.) And if you’ve already finished the faction pest? You’re left waiting for the all-too-rare cosmetic pest rescues that only show up on the calendar, or hoping that the cosmetic pest will show up in a flash offer that you’re willing to pay for.

The situation you describe isn’t good. But it could be much, much worse.

I hope not.
But I wouldn’t mind about Drool’Goth because I want him.