(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Journey for Broken Spire possibly coming up? There’s a new tarot card (Ace of Wands), several new troops (Fire Beetle, Fire Cyclops, Fire Rhynax) and several new weapons (Broken Spire Weapon, Magic Orb, Magic Staff). This sort of fits the reward template of the previous Journey.

I think you mean the Kingdom Pass potentially, and not the Journey event as that only had a new weapon and troop with the Pathfinder trait. But that would only make sense contextually for a brand new kingdom.

However, you’re right that something definitely seems to be cooking with Broken Spire from the spoilers, but it’s hard to tell what. Maybe now that they’ve gotten caught up on new delves/factions until brand new kingdoms are released, they’ll be doing some sort of new unreleased content that would explain this. Possibly these are the new faction troops that were hinted at during the most recent livestream? But if so, then you’d think they would have the Fire Rift association and not just Broken Spire. This is intriguing…

Taransworld spoilers don’t show any events after the next campaign starts save for Guild Wars and an Arena weekend. No world events. No daily events.

Maybe something big planned?

Taransworld also doesn’t have any troop spoilers beyond Tower of Doom week. The usual inference I take from this is that the major update is likely to happen sometime around Tower of Doom week, either that week or the week before. And once that update drops, information for the next 10 weeks or so will populate the spoiler websites.

It has worked this way many times in the past, whether or not the major update includes new features or special gem types or what-have-you.

3 Likes

Well we know 6.2 is coming at some point from the Amazon stuff up, and that it contains some kind of new event(s)

For reference: Amazon releasing 6.2 patch notes early

There’s a “new quest type”, which I assume is just more quests in the kingdom, not really an event. And “Adventurer’s Path” is probably just like a static, ever present campaign, with “Hero Pass” unlocking the paid track of rewards for it.

I don’t expect anything useful out of this one for most players, other than a chance for Explore to give some extra rewards. A bug fix or two would be nice too.

1 Like

Oh my, Gemini :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some inspiration from “The Shining” film I think?

Doppelganger’s spell image already ‘borrowed’ from this too.

3 Likes

Forever, and ever…

Anyone have a full art for the new hoard background? Can’t find it on Taran’s world, just like previous Gnome Bar one.

Also, really curious how Ace of Wand will be released, now that it’s already have its art. Could be release before Adana Campaign is over, as new update will come to add another Major Arcana by then.

PNG link: https://i.imgur.com/z11U4oh.png

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! :hugs:

I thought there will be no new background until new Faction/Kingdom, so I was really surprised for this one. Looks so good too!

Now I’m exited to see the new Artifact, and how it change during 10 weeks. I’m sure it’s in a file somewhere, but I don’t mind waiting to see everything on that Monday. Curious what the new Heroic Gems will be too, and how the other 2 will be released. Tied to the Mythic again?

For now, I will just enjoy the cute pet. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

From the new language file, new heroic gems:

298 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3351] This Gem will inflict Web on a random Enemy, reducing their Magic to zero until they recover.
299 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3352] This Gem will inflict Entangle on a random Enemy, reducing their Attack to zero until they recover.
300 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3353] This Gem will give a Barrier to a random Ally, protecting it from the next instance of damage it receives.
301 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3354] This Gem will explode all Gems around it when destroyed.

There’s also been mentions of other heroic gems in the past that we haven’t seen yet.

1 Like

I agree. Although I don’t think Magic Orb/Staff are Broken Spire weapons, likely just placeholder, including the name.

This two though…

I thought Ace of Wand doesn’t have a kingdom yet, but it’s on K00, so it can’t be anywhere else now.

It’s either a modified Journey, or brand new event with no data at all right now how it will be.

Meanwhile…
This 2 troops is also another mystery.

Due to the background, it can’t just belong only to their main kingdom now. So, all Factions will have 5 troops eventually? Will they just released directly to the Chaos Shard, or buying with gems in the event is also possible? How will that effect pure run? Will the level cap be increased for more renown?

4 Likes

Looks like the campaign specific heroic gem is Bomb Gems, as they’re mentioned in both the Adana Mythic’s spell, and an Adana weapon.

I’d wager it’s the last gem that Mitamata mentioned above, that explodes all gems around it. So like an Ultra Doomskull but without the skull hit damage.

Agh. I get frustrated at looking at the design of mythics nowadays.

The Sparkinator is almost a good design.

But something has to give here. It steals armor and it gains armor from a 3rd trait from red gems. That 3rd trait would be fine and all if the mythic had any sort of boost from its armor! In the world of many instakill troops and true damage troops, why would I want that much armor?" Then explode a random Gem boosted by my Armor would be very nice on this troop.

Or… don’t give it a boost and make the 3rd trait something more useful. How about Explode 2 Gems at the start of my turn, to set off the Bomb Gems?

Something? I really don’t want to pay another $10 for another Tihamata-level mythic.

If Sparkinator had something better than “Armored”, it might make him a more viable tank. But 25% blockage of skull damage just isn’t enough, especially if one is dealing with Enraged enemies or the handful of troops that can ignore Armor altogether or the myriad of ways in which one can stun him.

Boost it to 50%, so all that extra armor really helps with tanking and blocking skull damage. Or change his middle trait (the spell damage reduction) to Razor Armor or something similar so the Armor can help in other ways.

And even then, Sparkinator will likely be considered the “third best” mythic in Adana. At least until a fourth mythic releases in that kingdom.

One more question: will those new troops be mythic or common?

Right now, each faction has one of each rarity from rare to legendary.

- old new
[SPELL8765_NAME] Pan’s Vale RB Daisy’s Cudgel
[SPELL8766_NAME] Sword’s Edge RB Flail of Gaard
[SPELL8767_NAME] Ghulvania Journey Bloodkeeper

The associated troop or weapon (probably weapon, the two above are raid boss weapons probably) is not in spoilers yet. Could it be we will have a journey event in Ghulvania? :thinking:

2 Likes

Pure conjecture on my part, but I can very easily see faction teams expanding out to have a mythic associated with them. I could also see that being made a requirement for higher tiers of Kingdom Star levels that you need to collect the mythic from each faction to advance.

Not only does it kind of line up with other things they’ve done in-game tying mythic collection to advancement, it also theoretically helps with nerfing the difficulty of some of these impossibly hard or RNG-based Pure Faction 500 battles. This way they don’t have to make any systemic changes like adding Hero w/ Faction weapon (as much as I’d love to see it happen) count as Pure Faction, while still giving a beefier troop to help. The real test would be if these potential mythic troops actually round out the deficiencies of the other faction troops to complement them and make beating PF 500 much more reasonable, or they are kind of thoughtlessly thrown in without thinking about balance or strategy.

1 Like