(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Thanks(for taking me for a dummy), but you don’t need to tell me, there will always be the few teams ppl will use most as defends, no matter what is done… But 2.2 might actually change that variation, a little…

It’s not about that either. It’s about the Devs crafting an AI that is legitimately challenging, not completely random.

They’ve changed multiple troops that had similar issues, namely Sheggra. It’s time for the Devs to be consistent. Bone Dragon is broken and needs to be fixed.

Yeah, they should nerf every troop that gives Human a little challenge, it looks like that is what you wishes for, so you get the 100% win rate.

Me on the other side, no thanks to a game that has no challenges at all… rather make it more challenging and take the win ratio down from 99,5% to 70-80%, and give us better rewards for winning…

This is nothing do with wins and losses. It’s just the design is now broken in the late game as stats are so much higher than when the troop was designed.

Exactly the same happened with Webspinner and other gem-creators based on Magic. They worked fine until kingdom bonuses pushed the Magic stat higher, and Webspinner was creating 13-14 green gems every cast. At that point it was a pretty much guaranteed loop as on the 8x8 board you can’t distribute so many new gems without almost guaranteeing a 4+ match. Hence the devs rightfully reworked it; I don’t consider it a nerf when it’s fixing a mechanic which is broken.

Bone Dragon is now in the same position. It was written when the level cap was 15 and there were no stars on kingdoms. The top troops had 15-20 Armour. Pick the right target and Bone Dragon was very powerful, else it was a gamble. Cool idea and nicely done, a really great addition to the game.

Now with increased stats from ascension, levelling to 20, more kingdoms, and doubled kingdom bonuses: in the end-game most troops have 40-50 Armour. Bone Dragon will put 18-20 extra skulls on the board, which isn’t what was ever intended.

I get very very tired when people trivialise a balance or mechanics debate with the same old derogatory tat about losses or win rates. Study things a bit harder and give some of us more credit. I can beat Bone Dragon just fine; it needs fixing because it’s broken, and as everyone knows that, it’s everywhere in end-game defences.

You didn’t answer the question by the way @eika…?

I’d like that if it’s through better AI, or clever defence design, or some other new ideas.

6 Likes

Im out of this, you win.

Still didn’t answer the question…

It would help us understand each other’s viewpoints.

For lower tier and mid game players, Bone Dragon is fantastic. It’s fun to use, looks cool, and isn’t a guaranteed two troop kill if the AI gets to cast it. Lower level players probably (I don’t know now, that’s not where I am) don’t roll too many Bone Dragons on enemy defences too. If that’s where you are then you’re right that Bone Dragon doesn’t need a nerf, it’s cool and it’s fine (indeed in the early game it’s actually too weak, as too few skulls are made and casting it is a real gamble).

But other players in the end-game: I am level 1000+, I have (except Blackhawk I think) all kingdoms level 10 and 5 stars. My troops have 40+ Armour. Bone Dragon works very differently in my version of the game, and my PvP draws feature it a helluva lot.

TLDR: the game plays very differently at different levels, which version are you seeing, before you dismiss the debate?

All as maxed as possible, except from Blackhawk. I Need to get 3 more of Lil’Johnny Bronzes which is a pain in the ass…to get Blackhawk to PL5. I am L1150 at the moment.

Excuse me, can we get back to spoilers please? Enough of this garbage. Keep it out of this thread.

:laughing::laughing:

Very disappointed with several of you here.

5 Likes

new classes tomorrow?

You’ve completely missed the point. I’d love to have a lower winning percentage and tougher matches.

Bone Dragon matches aren’t hard. They’re not even losses the majority of the time. What they are is flat-out annoying because of something the Devs never intended in the first place. They went on record when they changed Sheggra.

2 Likes

Possibly 1-3 new classes(I hope). :smiley:

I agree… but as the wolf says, lets get back to spoilers…

@eika sorry didn’t mean to seem to single you out.

@lyya when are we getting Drifting Sands, Dragon Claw or Blackhawk events, do we know?

1 Like

As of today, it appears that:

Drifting Sands is coming 08 Jan 2017
Dragon’s Claw is coming 05 Mar 2017
Blackhawk is coming 27 Mar 2017

These dates are subject to change, to say the least.

4 Likes

There is a legendary (maybe?) in the files for Blackhawk Captain Skullbeard, and 1 troop for Drifting sands and Dragons claw.

Any idea who that is on the loading screen?

Troop from the next Kingdom called The Silvermaiden.

4 Likes

I’m glade that she is silver and not ironmaiden.

2 Likes

So ages before Blackhawk gets 10 troops… thanks!

This Captain is an Epic.

Captain skullbeard…arghhh :sunglasses:

6 Likes