(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’m still watching out for what they are doing after Factions are all released. If there’s another system like it, might bring another pet for each kingdom with it. And hopefully do something about those deeds…

20 gold medals per kingdom is by far the biggest hurdle any player will face. It requires 1000’s upon 1000’s of hours grinding explore. There is no passive way to get medals (you will never get there with the few tokens per week from guild tasks.) Keep in mind this game already demands an hour per day at least on average just to do the dailys and events. You have to do your explore on top of all that. Not a big problem for us hardcore endgamers who play several hours a day but keep in mind the vast majority who play an hour a day or less.

My point is that arguably all the other requirements can be achieved by “an hour a day” gameplay but the medals are a whole other story and need a rethink from the devs imo. There is a MASSIVE difference between 10 silver troops in each kingdom (power 25) and 15 gold troops (power 28)

2 Likes

Very weird error, like somehow the spell image is tied to the spell itself. So now new Faction is still incompleted.

2 Likes

Most likely Spell for Rock Squid should be:
[SPELL8525_DESC] Remove {1} Gems of the most used Enemy Mana Color. Gain 2 Armor for each Gem removed.

Spell #8524 is for Leonis Tower. Spells #8526-8528 are for other Dripping Caverns troops. Spell #8529 is for Dripping Caverns weapon.

3 Likes

Ooh… Good find. Thanks for the info.

So, by that logic, Hound of Yao Guai’s spell should be #8504, which should be “Explode 3 Skulls. Gain {1} Attack.”, already available since the last language patch. Nice! :+1:

As we now have completed Faction info, it look like a Medium difficulty one, or a bit more.

Spamming Legendary is the way to go. Luckily, their Legendary in the boss room is also on last spot, so technically, you can silence it forever until it die, and easily kill the rest of mana-confusion troop later, as they all can’t do damage.

The rest is just avoiding skulls and keep casting Squid to heal for safe win!

Now just hope that 2 rooms in the middle is not too hard…

2 Likes

Between now and then, they must have another Leonis Empire (not cosmetic) pet due for release.

Allow me to offer a simple solution to this issue that shouldn’t require much work from the coders:

Take the Bright Beetle pet (red mana mastery) currently assigned to “Primal” and re-assign it to Leonis Empire. That way you get a third non-cosmetic pet into that kingdom without taking away from any of the other 33 kingdoms.

It won’t help a lot of people who are hovering near maximum kingdom stars if they haven’t maxxed renown in City of Thieves, but it would help other players move towards 20 stars. (I got to 20 stars today – finally beat City of Thieves with a faction team at 500, and BOY was that a pain in the rear.)

5 Likes

The devs were wise enough to assign the pure Faction pets an actual Kingdom so they wouldn’t be completely useless. But left the primal pets alone. Don’t know if it was over sight or what. But yeah they need to be given an actual Kingdom. I agree. (All of them, not just bright beetle.)

2 Likes

Campaign 4 will feature Leonis Empire, with a Cosmetic pet in it.
So, I’m not sure when a non-cosmetic might be released for this kingdom.

But yeah they need to be given an actual Kingdom. I agree.

The other five mana mastery pets are already assigned to traditional kingdoms. Bright Beetle is not.

The pets that boost XP, gold, and souls all have traditional kingdoms as well. So that’s probably something that shouldn’t be tinkered with.

Near as I can tell, Bright Beetle is the sole exception in that it’s a non-cosmetic pet but assigned somewhere it can’t help kingdom stars. Which is why I think that’s the “best” fit for the players, because none of the remaining troop bonus pets listed on the spoiler page make sense for Leonis.

Everything else already has its spot, and I wouldn’t care to disrupt things and spawn protests by moving pets from one regular kingdom to another.

1 Like

I’m saying all Primal Pets should have a real kingdom regardless of if they are cosmetic pets or not. (That doesn’t seem to matter in the devs eyes.)
I’m just taking your idea and expanding on it.

So currently, Gargurgle would be the only additional change besides Bright Beetle.

Every other pet has a real kingdom assigned to it.

And Grimlet.

2 Likes

Good call, totally forgot that they also started assigning pet(s) (grammatically I think I still need to speak as though it’s plural even though it’s only been 1 in the 2-3 years pets have been a thing) to the Apocalypse kingdom.

they have pets planned to all of those supplementary kingdoms

Taking their sweet time though.

That’s the theme of Campaign 5 at least…

New stream schedule is posted and we can see that April’s mythic will be from Bright Forest.

Also, according to the same schedule, not sure if Dripping Caverns is delayed or not.

By a whole 2 weeks!

29th March 6 30 PM PST: Dripping Caverns Faction preview stream.

If it’s a pre-view, it must occur before the release right?
So, maybe this?

19 March - Vault Event
2 April - Dripping Caverns

Than i’m expecting a heavy gem-buring world event somewhere between 19 march and 2 April…(like Tier IV all threshhold)

Or maybe… instead of keeping the 6-week weekend cycle, we’re finally going to see something new… a Friday ToD with a recycled weapon?!
Although that just pushes out (may be intended) final release of all factions even further.

That is certainly a “two birds, one stone” kind of schedule adjustment. It would give players more frequent opportunities to buy forge scrolls, and it would give the devs extra time before they need to release whatever follows factions/delves. Given how their development cycle has been affected by Covid-19 and the irregular lockdowns in Melbourne, it might be a welcome respite—especially if the game is still drawing in new players and retaining them at better-than-market rates.

It could just be a non event weekend. Unicorns like it do exist. And usually come with a cosmetic pet 24 hour event.

But I can’t hate on speculation based on the stream schedule since it reads to me like 5.4 will be out either GW week or the week after.