(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

We have player-owned Invulnerable troops (Dooms) and we have player-owned Boss-type troops (Zuul).

I originally thought your idea was the most likely, but there is that spoiler Idle mentioned above, which asks whether a player is sure they want to give up their troop to forge something else. There’s no other mechanic in the game that asks you to spend troops to get something else, so it wouldn’t be as shocking to have an all-new way of acquiring a new Mythic.

Yes, and the likely way of doing that is spending a troop that is less valuable, such as a specially designed Treasure troop.

The flavor here being that Kurandara is some sort of rage-filled demon, and you use his heart (which is a rare treasure) to resurrect him.

I don’t see any reason for why the player would be able to obtain two troops which are very similar but with different effects. It’s confusing and unintuitive, especially with the trait being objectively worse.

For what its worth, Boss Zuul’Goths share the same 3rd trait that player owned Zuul’Goths have. A Boss Kurandora wouldn’t “need” a new 3rd trait.

In an unrelated note, Salty’s stream from 2 weeks ago had a player owned Zuul’Goth with a red border. She refused to talk about it, when she could have easily said it was a developer modifier.

I recall Salty saying it had something to do with Zuul’Goth being a boss.

I think that in the new version, Zuul and Kurandara may both receive the red border treatment.

Whichever patch introduced World Events, during the preview stream I pointed out how there wasn’t an easy way to identify “boss troops” from normal ones. Wasn’t a big deal when it was only Zuul’Goth and Daily Dungeons 4th position troops. But with world events (and whatever 5.0 is adding) making all sorts of troops “bosses” we need a way to easily identify bosses.
They said it was too late then.
This red border that y’all are talking about seems to be the easy identifier.
Why salty wouldn’t just say that means she hadn’t been told she could…yet.

I would normally agree here, but besides the similarities with Zuul’Goth (32 mana cost, etc), there’s one very concerning “tell” here.

Kurandara (Mythic):

Engraged Kurandara (Boss):

Look at the troop IDs: K28 is Urskaya. The mythic is assigned troop #18 from that kingdom, while the Boss version is assigned the position of troop #19. To me, that says player-owned troop.

The concern about having to sacrifice the mythic to obtain the boss version is valid, IMO. (Disclaimer: I have no personal knowledge of this one way or the other.)

Can’t publicly comment about what the red border on Zuul’Goth means at this time.

1 Like

The US Army Public Affairs taught me that “no comment” is a comment. :grinning:

5 Likes

Now taking bets that eventually every kingdom will have a boss troop.

5 Likes

I’d agree, except that crafting Xathenos doesn’t remove the weapons from a player’s collection, so :man_shrugging:

Tentatively hoping this is similar—though I wouldn’t be surprised if the new treasure-troop were another currency, used to craft a troop rather than upgrade a hoard.

1 Like

Funny enough, Kurandora and Shade of Kurandora both slow down the Scorp/Eury team in Urskaya. Intentional side effect of new troops

6 Likes

Devs reaction to steam players already unlocking their achievement that’s supposed to take years to complete.:
200 (5)

5 Likes

Indeed, and we have also had the Werewoods faction added, with transformations (not that it should slow you down, but technically it could if in top slots) and the Possessed Urskaya with it’s 25% chance to summon on death.

Wasn’t there the original info that Werewoods was going to be Maugrim Woods as well?

Salty was mistaken

1 Like

actualy there is already a mechanic that consumes troops → tresures are troops, and are spent on to level up you hoard in factions :wink:

No. They are not troops. Stop spreading this utter garbage the devs came up with.

Don’t encourage them.

9 Likes

Am I still not supposed to bicker on this thread because “actualy” guy is begging for wisdom like a fat kid begging for “desert”.

@Shimrra
I’m not saying these are usefull or useable troops,
thing is @Mana_Surgeon posted that there’s no such mechanic like sacrificing troops to get something else
but there are at least 2 ways player can destroy his own “troops”:

• disenchanting them for souls (any troop counts)
  • using them to boost the hoard in faction (only treasures count)

so spending another treasure-type “troop” in soulforge to craft something else wouldn’t be that much of a new thing, just expansion of existing mechanic,

whether that’s a good or bad idea is not my point

2 Likes

The next ToD (purple) is scheduled for July 6 (2 weeks after previous ToD, instead of usual break of 3 weeks). And according to weapon spoilers, green ToD after that is scheduled for September 28. It will be right after the 10-week campaign which should start on July 20 according to current spoilers. It’s suspicious that it will be so long break between ToDs. It’s possible that campaign weeks will replace week-long events. The main concern for me - what will happen with GW in this case? I don’t want to have GW week between 10-weeks campaigns. I’m not even sure that GW as a game mode will survive the release of 5.0. I hope that I’m wrong because I will be upset if GW will disappear…

7 Likes

As far as I’ve heard, any additions with 5.0 will run concurrently with the events we already have. The schedule of events may change. But guild wars will still be monthly.
I wouldn’t trust anything you see schedule wise right now since it could be based off a projected release date which now more than ever… Is uncertain.
I’m also 99% sure that campaigns are individual events and not guild based. So I have no clue how/why they would interfere with guild events.

1 Like

Interesting. Why do you say that?

I was assuming campaign would be 10 guild events, just like the other world events we’ve had so far. Other events can run in parallel - they’d do the occasional invasion/raid boss on the weekends and guild wars would be as per the normal schedule.

They have the flexibility to do all sorts of combinations with events, so we’ll see how it plays out :smiley: Personally, I’d be fine with a break from GW.