(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I want to share in your optimism and I sincerely hope that you are correct. I’m skeptical, though, given the design of the weekly events where difficulty is not selectable. We’ll all find out in 4.6.

After the update you’ll have to do 7 fights instead of 35 fights for each kingdom to meet power level 6 requirements. You may not get as much souls as before.

2 Likes

If they scale explore difficulty to the player, I’d be alright with it as long as the rewards scale, too. Appropriately.

Looks like there’s more Spoilers to cover:

• King Bloodwood: Deal [Magic + 8] heavy splash damage to an Enemy, boosted by Entangled and Bleeding Enemies. Steal 10 Life from all Enemies. [8x] Trait entangles and bleeds a random enemy on 4+ match.

• Mech Gnome got flavor text; hope it’s a surprise addition in 4.5! We really need a supplemental source of Epic Ingots.

• Math time, I like to think everyone appreciates me doing this for them. 8 magic + 8 base damage + 12 kingdom bonus + 75% heavy splash + up to 64 boost ratio plus 40 life steal equals… 110 damage with no bleeding/entangled enemies and… 270 with max ratio. DATS A LOTTA DAMAGE! IDK how good that is without partners like Yasmine entangling… I feel like the lack of any substantial board control hurts him, but we’ll have to see.

EDIT: Also a lot of weapons got localization fixes. “Damage randomly split” → “Scatter damage” mainly.

6 Likes

I really don’t get why The Wendigo needs a half damage - [Magic +4] AoE dmg. The half damage gimmick is never a fun one. The boost ratio is high though… Balancing during a faction and outside of a faction can be tough sometimes.

I’d personally rather see something like Magic - 4 instead of half damage.

Agreed. Especially when the best “good outcome” is only magic+4.

Maybe it’s to prevent the opposing faction team from being too strong against you? I mean one of the Wild Court troops can potentially faerie fire an entire team.

Doesn’t sound like logic the devs would use, not to me

You could wait to see the release ability of The Wendigo before getting whipped up about it…

Leshy entangles whole enemy team (and the own team lol), and is pretty fast filled being low rarity.

Paired with leshy and something that consistently bleeds enemies, preferably on match 4/5’s (maybe the rat faction?), could mean easy full 64 bonus.

Sure, because a complaint about a new unreleased feature and a complaint about an unreleased troop with a known effect of doing half of the damage of their contemporaries is definitely a fair comparison

Its possible, though it undermines The Wendigo in a vacuum. The AI is going to cast it regardless, but now the player has to think about if its even worth bothering with that damage output.

Red Cap is pretty strong for a rare, though I’m not certain if the AI will always cast on something Hunter’s Marked.

1 Like

Can I request a change in King of Thieves’s flavor text? Right now, in its comma-free state, King is a literalist and not a consummate kleptomaniac.

One takes everything literally.
The other takes everything, literally.

10 Likes

technically_correct_futurama

3 Likes

I think this is literally the least important bug that needs fixing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually got a chuckle out of the double entendre there.

So this turns out not to have been correct. Still need to complete 35 very boring challenge battles for power level 6. But at least it appears to be no worse than before (unless one wanted all the souls).

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean, @Griswald?

Sorry, I can’t do screen shots (old phone). But to get a kingdom to power level 6, you have to complete 7 tier 5 challenges. To get to tier 5 you first have to complete 7 challenges in tiers 1-4. Hope that helps!

Huh. I’ve just had confirmation of that.

That’s definitely not what they said would happen!

Nonetheless, the 35 Challenge battles will now get you to the end of Tier 5, whereas they would previously have only got you to the end of Tier 1. So it is now harder to get 6 stars, but you’ll have fewer battles to do overall.

Good point. Also as I noted elsewhere, the soul payoff on tier 1 is absolute in the sense that you don’t get more souls by wearing celestial armor or whatever. So challenges are really no longer a good way to get souls for newer players.