(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

The 3rd round of Doomed Weapons have been heavily modified (from transform a color to mixture maker). Its almost really good, but the mixture is based on the enemy team composition, relegating them to only be useful for Guild Wars defense.

So close. If it was modified for mixtures to be based on allied colors, they would all be amazing weapons.

Diabolist 3rd trait: Hellsteed
25% chance to summon a Nightmare when an Ally casts a Spell.

Meh. I’m sure someone will blow it out of proportion as something super amazing though.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t a new round of Doomed weapons imply that by design, if you don’t buy enough scrolls to completely temper a Doomed weapon you’re going to be unable to completely temper all Doomed weapons forever?

I was kind of expecting if you didn’t get them all on the first round, they’d cycle back through and that would make up for it. Am I just missing that they’re cycling back through?

1 Like

Don’t know if they are cycling back through ever, but you can craft old Doomed weapons via the Soulforge, I believe. Plus you can always buy unlimited forge scrolls in the ToD event shop…

1 Like

Yes, the community pointed that out back when Tower of Doom got released. The event was announced as a spectacular opportunity to earn piles of gems, while in reality it was identified as by far the greatest gem sink ever introduced. If you participate extensively you still need to buy the last shop tier several times to fully upgrade the event weapon, for each Tower of Doom event. As much as I remember the detailed analysis and resulting questions were dealt with the established standard way, silence.

I’d still be curious to know why Tower of Doom has a much higher participation cost and much lower reward payout than Raid and Invasion. I guess the answer would involve a combination of words not compatible with their communication guidelines.

9 Likes

in one of the Dev Q&As, the devs mentioned there will be ways to earn forge scrolls outside of Tower of Doom events. Its probably something pushed into the back burner though. If the general player base doesn’t care, they’re in no rush to do anything about it.

2 Likes

I place upgrading all doom weapons in the same category as getting all pets mythic. The “forget it never gunna happen” category. Waaaay too many gems required.

5 Likes

I guess it’s lucky half the doom weapons suck, makes getting the good ones to level 10 easier.

6 Likes

This has bothered me from the first time I saw 2 doomed weapons with the same color.
“So wait, I can never max all of these?”

Currently, only if you buy many Tier 7s.

Or alternatively, don’t max the second set because they suck and use the spare forge scrolls on the first and possibly third* sets of weapons.

(*: I know nothing about this set really.)

It’s weapons that will eventually help to unlock kingdom power level 18 and 20 though. Never mind they suck, I’d rather upgrade a weapon I don’t use than permanently wreck a weapon I do use. Especially since reworking the broken upgrades apparently has been forgotten and old event weapons have been locked behind a paywall.

since you’re in the spoilers thread, they’re all listed on Taran’s weapon spoilers (and 2 have their event date listed) and gowdb has them listed as well (with an easier format to read their affixes)

Doomed Codex
18 Brown
Deal [Magic + 10] scatter damage, +4 per Tempering level. Create a mix of 6 Brown and Skulls for every Brown Enemy. Give 3 Magic to all Allies, if the Enemy has a Doom, give 5 more. [6x]

All 6 colors in the cycle.

I’d love to hear the design story behind this weapon. If there aren’t any brown opponents you won’t be creating anything, making the spell pretty underpowered. If there are brown opponents, there’s a good chance you’ll be handing them a board seeded with extra turn matches in exactly the color they need to obliterate you. Given how utterly expensive Doomed weapons are to buy and upgrade I was hoping for something more than a shiny paperweight.

1 Like

It seems, it will be mostly used as another annoying GW defense weapon.

1 Like

Edit: I can never max all of these - without spending money or saving up an insane amount of gems.

4.5 sneak peak

3 Likes

@Neritar Looks like you earn keys for completing challenges according to that screenshot. Wonder how it affects players who have already completed all challenges for every kingdom…

Word on the street is…
Tier 1 of the challenge redesign only gives Souls as Rewards.
Those who have already cleared all the challenges will automatically start on tier 2. Essentially, they already received the Tier 1 rewards.
Though it’s best to wait until next week when Salty does the patch preview before we can figure out what’s rumor and what’s legit.

1 Like

That’s more or less accurate. I think. Maybe. If its not that then I told you nothing.

Actually if it is that, I still told you nothing. :zipper_mouth_face:

(I forget what tier 1 rewards are but I’m pretty sure you maybe probably start at tier 2 if you’ve done them prior to the patch - don’t know how they match up but its souls anyway so who gives a damn right?)

So devs will put some difficulties tier like everywhere and that’s all? Lazy design…
Quite strange to prioritize Challenge over Arena or TH… :thinking: