(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Yeah, there was an issue with Shentang (might be related to the artwork that was a little too closely “inspired” by another picture) and it seems like Bright Forest might not quite have been ready for release in time.

I’d rather they wait and get things well-designed and balanced before they push them out. Probably lots of people on vacation in December, too, so I don’t mind the delay.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad it’s not a kingdom it’s a mythic due for dec 22th

There is also the fact that Shentang should be released as the same time than the GoW release in China. Maybe it was postponed. Maybe that’s why Salty want to China.

For the picture, devs still use it from what we can see on yesterday streaming, so not sure, if it’s troublesome or not…

Maybe they got permission to use it?
I thought bright forest was coming before the year end? Maybe I misheard the comment in the stream but it’s definitely coming before shentang. Hopefully the bright forest will come with that double green banner we’re all waiting for.
By the way, I totally agree with the comments around bright forest not being ready. If you look at taransworld most of the traits and descriptions aren’t finished, whereas shentang troops are more or less complete.

I had no idea that US '70s public service commercials made it to Australia.

Mean ol’ STRYGIK not giving hoots :frowning:

Anyone know what the mythic that drops (pending) on Dec. 22nd will be?

Suppose to be skadi

1 Like

It’s not because devs didn’t upload the traits/spells in the game files that it means that there are not ready.

But agree with you: BF before Shentang, and for next year.
For Shentang, Sirrian said in last streaming (0:11:00) “expect it in the 1st quarter of next year”.

2 Likes

No troop next week? :slight_smile:

I thought it was claw danser?

This is from TaransWorld

3 Likes

what a bad troop. bad for early game, bad for late game. doesn’t even match its own quote.

“If its hits, I crits.”

so crit damage is… doing basic damage?

(almost) no one uses Orion, and this is worse.

Some may say, it starts with 75% mana, that makes up for the low damage. Not really, it just means once you cast it, you’re stuck with a low damage troop for the rest of the battle.

I don’t even need Red/Brown stones. Here’s to hoping its damage is buffed by almost double. (crit damage? anyone?)

2 Likes

CLAW DANCER

Ultra-Rare Pridelands Raksha-Rogue

Whirling Blade (9 Red/Brown): Deal (half) - [Magic + 6] damage to an enemy. If the enemy dies, gain an extra turn. 

MAX 19 Attack, 24 Life, 11 Armor, 12 Magic

Stealthy: Cannot be targeted by spells (unless there are no other targets).
14 Minor Fire Traitstone Minor Fire Traitstone
6 Major Fire Traitstone Major Fire Traitstone
6 Major Earth Traitstone Major Earth Traitstone

Swift: Start battles with 75% Mana.
20 Minor Fire Traitstone Minor Fire Traitstone
6 Runic Fire Traitstone Runic Fire Traitstone
6 Runic Earth Traitstone Runic Earth Traitstone

Agile: 20% chance to dodge Skull damage.
26 Minor Fire Traitstone Minor Fire Traitstone
8 Major Fire Traitstone Major Fire Traitstone
3 Arcane Lava Traitstone Arcane Lava Traitstone

If it hits, I crits!

Scheduled for 12/17/2017. All future troop details are subject to change at any time.

4 Likes

I agree it look weak and i don’t think im gonna use it

Swift/Agile is at least a good combo as a fodder blocker. There is still arena to think about, so I can see why her base damage isn’t higher. All in all, though, Orion is way too generous of a comparison - her spell only slightly edges out Berserker in straight damage per mana economy (at most stages of the game) and Berserker has already been powercreeped into oblivion (even early game). Its too bad the extra turn conditional is basically wasted on a troop that can’t effectively trigger it. She’d be usable early game if she always got an extra turn, but I can’t see myself using a 9 mana troop that does 3-7 or 4-9 damage per cast on a just starting or 15-30 on an endgame account to even attempt to get that extra turn. And without the extra turn, low damage pokes that drop the turn fall out of usefulness even very early on given the array of commons and rares with better mana economy and turn economy, both with and without board mod (multiple of the same colors and lower rarity, even).

Most likely if she gets used at all, it will be because I toss her up front and either fill or ignore her or and never bother casting her spell while my back three troops do all the heavy lifting and she occasionally dodges a skull or gets a cascade with high base attack or maybe finished off that last enemy straggler. That puts her slightly above “useless”, but not quite “useful”, since ideally, all troops should have a spell you actually want to cast. Again, look at something like Lava Elemental, Gorgon, or even Night Terror or Bombardier. I’d rather have one of them on my team at any stage of the game 99% of the time, and each of these is the same color combination and equal or lower rarity, some of them much much older and already considered underpowered even early game.

1 Like

It seems like every week they release a worthless troop while the same complaints about existing troops persist. Where are the counters already?!

Yup. Filler.

We need stuff like this so that we feel good when we get good stuff…

2 Likes

Exactly, not every troop can be awesome.

1 Like

What devs want to do with Deal (half) - X damage troops?
Because the average damage should be the same than a Deal X damage troop, but it’s not the case (+50% of base damage is lacking)…

Or change to Deal half OR double [Magic + X] damage

1 Like

So, I faced this troop in PvP today. Never seen it before, nor it seems to be amongst the upcoming releases. Any idea what the heck it is and how someone’d be using it ingame? I’m puzzled.

2 Likes