(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Hi all,

A couple changes. Most important is the date for troops being released. Looking through the data files there seems to be two dates for some troops. Currently I’m not sure which is correct but I am guessing the first date. On the website I have both dates but put the most likely one on top.

Also, I didn’t say it here but I am done making language changes for the site. Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks, enjoy

3 Likes

Currently running a lazy setup of TDS/Sylvanimora/Leviathan/Scorpius

I’m a big fan of displacement, as it can mess up color combinations or effects, depending on troop composition (Psion knocked out of 1st slot, for example). The one turn-off to Levi is a somewhat lower damage output, but in this case, Scorpius is buffing it up from Turn 1. By the time things start casting, Levi can start to do respectable damage. (1 magic, 1 extra damage, on an AoE skill). Been hitting about 30+ AoE damage, in my battles.

15 mana cost is pretty low for what it can do.

Powerhouse may be a poor choice to describe it, but I have been winning plenty on defense with that team. I still think it’s quite strong.

Sylv also gets the Scorpius buff, but I’m just not as impressed, probably because of the higher mana cost.

May consider swapping out TDS/Sylv for Gorgotha/Leviathan/Worldbreaker/Scorpius when the time comes and give that a try (well, won’t know what works till WB is out)

2 Likes

thanks for the detailed explanation! will give it a try

I think this is a good Scorpius setup
Gorgotha
Wyvern
Rock Worm
Scorpius
Dwarven Banner

I’ll try that.
War abynissia, abynissia and scorpius is also very potent!

1 Like

I asked the exact same thing a bit earlier in this thread. I myself am really looking forward to it. I hope I get it. There are a lot of possibilities with Worldbreaker.

I would hope that four Mythics, including a duplicate, would make a powerful team!

I think it falls into my definition of hilarious, a desert monster “teaching” a sea monster how to become stronger:

Scorpius: I’m the big, mean Desert King! :angry: Hey you! :point_down:
Leviathan: :hushed: :point_left: :question:
Scorpius: Yeah, i’m talking to you! :rage: You worthless overgrown eel.
Leviathan: :disappointed_relieved:
Scorpius: You are a sorry excuse for a monster! But i’ll teach you how to be less pathetic overtime!
Leviathan: :confused:
Scorpius: First, show me your muscles! :muscle::angry:
Leviathan: :expressionless:
Scorpius: It’s not my fault you are an armless, sluggish, pathetic, watery-fish-snake-thing! Just stick around and eventually you will figure how to be mean like me.
Leviathan: :hugs::scorpion:
Scorpius: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HUGS, YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE ARMS! STOP COILING AROUND ME AAARRGHH!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The idea of Leviathan being such “softie” came from the nickname “Levi” you used in your post. :laughing:

6 Likes

It’s maybe because of the issue with Shentang’s background… So on, this kingdom’s release could be postponed.

Soft “Levi”… you made my day :smiley:

https://im0-tub-ru.yandex.net/i?id=85998a97f753a8ccca1e48cfe1593481-l&n=13

1 Like

So on another random topic, I already want to see Skadi buffed, before it comes out. For 22 mana, I want it to actively do something to win the game, not make something limp and fully alive. At this point, I’d be better off running EK, Mab, Kraken, anything really. It wouldn’t even take much to make it decent, just make it steal the magic, and do damage of some kind.

Currently, the power level is worse than most legendaries.

2 Likes

I disagree. Reducing magic is a powerful move that can neuter most troops for the rest of the match. A gorg or ragn that explodes 2 gems? A Draak that drains 5 health? I would rather have those alive, eating up expensive mana and preventing other troops from casting. The secondary effects aren’t bad either- freeze is one of the best control team statuses, and a random Fey can be pretty good.

4 Likes

Magic reduction can be a powerful mechanic. However, this current troop has no active control over who it targets, meaning the strongest could be a Forest Troll, a Valkyrie that’s been buffed by Justice, a Kraken that can still devour things, or more.

22 Mana is also also quite pricey.Skadi is taking up just as much of that expensive mana that you’re using to slow their team down, if not more.

Freeze is nice, but it won’t replace a Queen Mab in team compositions. A random Fey can be good, but I’d prefer skills that didn’t rely on my team being dead, so at best, I consider it a secondary benefit.

Even if you neuter those troops magically, they can still grab skulls and cause havoc that way.

At this point, I’d rather have Famine that can drain all mana and usually kill off its targeted target any day of the week. Mana drain often does the work of magic reduction, if the troop can’t attack.

Is there a definition of stronger?

I don’t know offhand (for this game), but High Paladin has the same targeting system

Unless of course the said Fey manablock Skadi… And since Skadi is a Mythic with three colors i’ll (improperly) say it’s a 50% chance that it’ll backfires… Pretty much like Abynissia and Infernal King…

By the way, i’m starting to think Infernal King gets in the way on purppose, as in: “I’m gonna steal her Throne!” sort of move that allows the heroes defeat the Daemons/Badies that barely cooperate. :laughing:

Just want to remind people that until release no troop is final.

4 Likes

The mana blocking wouldn’t make Skadi useless- unlike Aby, she’d only need to cast once to turn a battle around. I do hope there is a revision for that wholly lacklustre 3rd trait, though…

Aww…but I wanna argue now!

In my opinion, it’s fine to debate the relative strength/usefulness/balance of unreleased troops. The devs get some free feedback this way, so it’s a win all around — except when people get hyperbolic and aggressive. Just because an unreleased troop appears to be “broken” or “OP” does not mean it will release as-is; the developers may be field-testing the troop, or simply not done yet.

4 Likes