(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Cool i hope console will get it same time then pc.

Lot of stuff on the menu for nov 6. It’s cool
2 new troops, 2 new classes and some free loots, i feel like christmas :slight_smile:

This is going to suck. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was changed to silence all enemies on death.

I wonder if this will be like Queen’s Grace and give all dragons attack and life at the start of the turn.

5 Likes

They must be kidding with this one. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

All spoilers subject to change (or could even be wrong)… :wink:

I hope that one changes. That’s annoying AF.

4 Likes

I actually did the 2 questline battles already but since it wasnt official yet, all dialogue was just placeholder instead, so I fought the various teams but did not know why.

Here’s the second new troop. It’s possible that the date is set incorrectly on it, because the troop name, spell name, and spell description text aren’t included yet, but it’s also possible that these will be added later as the game is now dynamically loading localized text data.

I’ve reverse-engineered the spell effect, so the spell description will likely differ from what is displayed below.

[TROOP_K02_11_NAME]

Epic Karakoth Daemon

[SPELL7647_NAME] (11 Green/Purple): Web a target enemy and deal [Magic + 3] damage to them. 20% chance to Devour them. 

MAX 19 Attack, 27 Life, 12 Armor, 10 Magic

Indigestible: Immunity to Devour.
16 Minor Magic Traitstone Minor Magic Traitstone
8 Runic Magic Traitstone Runic Magic Traitstone
8 Runic Nature Traitstone Runic Nature Traitstone

Daemonic Pact: 25% chance to summon an Ancient Horror on death.
22 Minor Magic Traitstone Minor Magic Traitstone
8 Major Magic Traitstone Major Magic Traitstone
8 Arcane Venom Traitstone Arcane Venom Traitstone

Agile: 20% chance to dodge Skull damage.
28 Minor Magic Traitstone Minor Magic Traitstone
4 Arcane Venom Traitstone Arcane Venom Traitstone
1 Celestial Traitstone Celestial Traitstone

[Troop_K02_11_DESC]

Scheduled for 11/05/2017. All future troop details are subject to change at any time.

Look like shocktopus :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick to death of “% chance to Devour” mechanics? I hate that this was added to the game at all, but time and again this effect is added to everything and everyone as if there’s no other way to design meta-relevant troops.

23 Likes

Yup not my favorite traits

Actually, now that I think of it, there’s no way that second troop is releasing next week, despite what the data is telling me. The kingdoms don’t match.

Whether or not it will be changed, Silence on match 4/5s is honestly something that never should have made it to the draft phase. The only cleanser that will be immune to Silence will be another Bard with Sheggra’s Heart or Staff of St. Astra (not great weapons really), so the only other counter is full immunity, which of course means it will be everywhere since people won’t know how to deal with it, and we’ll have another super obnoxious meta phase pigeonholed into using very specific counter teams because over 90% of the catlog will be useless versus it. I’d have no problem with this would be a once in a while challenge that I’d see every one in twenty battles or something, but everybody here knows that won’t be the case.

I’m with you. Not only that, all recent troops with damage and percent devour have damage then devour, so the barrier counter mechanic is pushed almost completely to the wayside. It feels like mythics like Wulfgarok and Doomclaw take the brunt of it when their spells are bad when they don’t devour, but these Ultra-Rares and Epics get off scot free having basically normal spells with a tacked on devour chance.

16 Likes

Here is hoping that silence trait gets killed.

4 Likes

I swear to god, more Devour and an incredibly obnoxious Silence-on-matches trait… what are they doing?! I guess their very best to run it into the ground? Totally deaf at this point…

6 Likes

Waiting for the “10% chance to devour a random enemy on 4 or 5 gem matches”. You know it’s coming.

12 Likes

Or noone is allowed to speak :laughing:

I can’t believe they are adding another devour troop. A month or so ago Salty said on Discord a lot of people still complain about Kerberos and he can’t even devour when you have a barrier.

I’m not too worried about this silence trait yet Deathknight was supposed to be DM a random enemy on 4/5 gem matches but that got changed before it was released.

1 Like

Watch out, we got silence random troop on 4+ gems but next one is devour random troop on 4+ :slight_smile:

And after this one we will get drain mana on 4+ gems

1 Like

Ugh. @mithran and @lyya said it all. I hope @sirrian notices this and intervenes, as it currently looks like the work exp guy started drafting troops. My nine-year-old could (and just did) point out that a 4+ silence trigger is a stupid not fun idea…

9 Likes

YEah i can see new meta

Forest troll
Kraken
Bard
Mab

Have fun lol

4 Likes