(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Wow, I was so bored by her skill that I completely glazed over the fact that it only targets the Strongest Enemy. Which means she’ll probably never get a kill until the end of the match anyway, after everything has been softened up, meaning that half of her spell is essentially inapplicable.

I suppose she’s supposed to be the Mythic version of Shadow Hunter, which attacks the strongest enemy boosted by all enemy life 3:1. They’d have to make her deal damage boosted on all enemy stats, and increase the ratio, but I still don’t think that’d be very good.

Attacks against the strongest enemy boosted by enemy stats will NEVER get the kill, unless the enemy was an explore troop below level 20, and her magic boosted by your kingdom stats is what gets the kill. She literally has to be cast 5 times to maybe get a kill on the 5th cast. That spell is pointless.

Spoiler Time:

• Captain Macaw New Blackhawk Legendary (non-Faction) deals Lethal Damage to Submerged Enemies, and +50% Mana to Rogues. Aside from Corsair and Egg Thief, none if them are too interesting, but Aquaticus is quaking in her boots. This Legendary is a fun build-around at least, would become highly viable if there were a consistent way to Submerge enemies.

• CrysTurtle: Finally, an alternative to Apothecary for creating Brown! AND ITS A BOUNTY TROOP! WITH BARRIER! Wish it were Yellow/Purple or something that didn’t share a color with Apothecary, but I will definitely use this even outside of Bounty! And within Bounty, there are MANY powerful and useful Brown troops to synergize with it.

• Dandy Lion has cool art but it’s spell isn’t useful.

• Faemark. Godslayer with Dispel and Cleanse on kill. Eh.

• First Mate Axelubber: An empowered Red Creator. Difference with Tai Pan is almost arbitrary. Changes different color, uses different Mana colors, bleed vs poison. Creates his own color, which is weird, but we’ll see if that changes. Would be nice if he became Brown (a color with only one other converter).

• Merknight submerges and barriers itself. Fun early game tank I guess.

• Shanbaru got a typo fix. Still lame. EDIT: Wait she only gives one skill now? This is barely an epic! It’s like if Ice Troll cost twice as much! Hard C tier.

• Tuliao gives Mana to allies and enchants them. Interesting?

• Umenath is like reverse Ketras, but since it can’t target AND it deals no splash AND the boost ratio won’t help get kills because the boost ratio is a fraction of their health AND every time you use it, it targets something else while also getting weaker. If you manage to trigger it’s ability it’s because you killed something with only like 40 health, and if you can’t get the kill it’s just damage with no upside. Trait is okay I guess but I think this has to be an F.

TL;Dr I’m more excited for the Rare than the Mythic.

3 Likes

The next legendary Krampus can submerge an enemy troop, which sounds really weird. You’ll have 2 options to setup enemy submerges (Krampus and Macaw). Is it worth it? I don’t know. Maybe?

Isn’t Axelubber green/purple? Macaw is Red/Blue.

The only thing that could possibly save Shahbanu’s current spell is if her three gem creations cannot overwrite each other (the way Lady Anariel seems to work). Then she might actually keep the turn and be a solid mana generator, despite her pants random stat boosts and pants third trait.

1 Like

Barbarian
Trait #3: Barbaric Fury
Gain 3 Attack when matching Red Gems.
If that trait stays… :grimacing:

wow… the orc class might be the worst class in the game

edit: they changed the nice sounding Ice Rift to … Frostfire Keep. Eh.

1 Like

I was actually wondering whether the person setting up the spell intended to pick “Stun” and accidentally selected the adjacent “Submerge”.

Probably because they waited 5+ years to come out with it…

1st position with Root Trap and 20% Dodge might be ok if enemy doesn’t have Cedric medal(s). And there weren’t dozens of better options for 1st position. I doubt Artema’s Dexterous (40%) would add enough survivability. 65% ‘Ignore all wounds (skulls)’ might.

I liked your trait ideas. There are still 73 days until 07 Feb; plenty of time to fix it. Except there will most likely be plenty of bugs to fix with future updates. Any word on that Vash’dagon in delve bug? Just saying.

That was my thought too (or if matches were allowed to occur between each round of creation, uniquely to Vespera), there’s no other possible justification for the massive nerfing that has been meted out to the poor genie queen.

Even then, at 26 mana cost, I don’t think she’d be worth using for small boosts to random stats plus some board control. Especially with that trait set.

It feels like a Friday, so I will get a jump on next week’s troops. Gravitas is another Whitehelm troop dependent on its target being a daemon or undead; pity, as we could use a targeted blue mana drainer. Despite having the useful holy armor trait, it seems underpowered for an epic in this day and age.

And then there’s Shahbanu Vespera. Losing the buff to all ally stats just killed this troop, who is now arguably worse than Stonehammer (in terms of mythics whose sole job is mana generation).

Can someone tell me a bit about Baited Pet Gnome and what is the difference between him and Pet Gnome?

1 Like

It won’t escape, this is for sure.
On top of that, supposedly, pets it gives will narrow down to a set of pets, not the entire pool.

If that is true, I wonder what the criteria is going to be. A soulforge style rotation seems too complicated, a specific color seems too broad, the kingdom of the week might be too limiting. Whatever it is, I actually wouldn’t mind if you could get the cosmetic pets from those.

Where do you see what we’re getting a new gnome?

In spoilers from Taran, as usual.

1 Like

I checked before asking, but checked again. Thanks. I skipped over it on first check.

Okay folks, looks like we’re in for another wild ride! Datamining has revealed a bunch of new localization strings, so get ready to spoil the update! There’s not a ton here, but what’s available is interesting.

And yes, this does mean that 4.7 is coming pretty soon. No idea when though.

Version 4.7
By viewing this spoiler I hereby agree to deprive Salty of her delicious coffee, leaving her tired and sad during future streams.

Achievements

This pissed me off just reading it, lol. Screw completionists, amirite?

• Try this one, Geoff
    • Use Medals to upgrade 100 Troops to the Gold Elite Level

New Resources

Writs aren’t the only thing coming in the update… Maybe this is the pet rescue rework that I’ve been nagging for?

• Writs
    • Use writs to craft deeds in the Soulforge.
  • Gnome Bait
  • Pet Gnome Bait
    • Guarantee a Pet Gnome in the next PVP match (if there is no existing Pet Rescue running).

Guild Reworks

We already know this stuff.

• Epic Blue Tasks
  • Epic Green Tasks
  • Epic Red Tasks
  • Epic Yellow Tasks
  • Epic Purple Tasks
  • Epic Brown Tasks

Bundles

Looks like the Guild bundles are being reworked. I hope Gnome Bait isn’t P2W.

• BUNDLE_GUILD_HERO_DESC
    • Orb of Clans & 4x 25 Gem Gifts to give away
  • BUNDLE_GUILD_CHAMPION_DESC
    • 200 Gems, 2x Orb of Clans & 7x 25 Gem Gifts to give away
  • BUNDLE_GUILD_ELITE_DESC
    • Pet Gnome Bait, 500 Gems, 4x Orb of Clans & 15x 25 Gem Gifts to give away

New Pet Effects

EXCUSE ME? Now that’s interesting.

• PET_GNOME_BONUS
    • +%1% Treasure Gnome Chance
  • PET_MAPTURNS_BONUS
    • +%1 Treasure Hunt Turns

Other Changes

You get seals for doing Delves now? That’s a positive change. The changes also include quest dialog for upcoming factions and hero classes, which I won’t list here.

• SEALS_TASK_WIN_DELVE
    • Complete a Delve
8 Likes

Dear god, you’re kidding me?

3 Likes

I assume there’s 100 common troops in the game. The only thing that makes it possible.
Do I have to count or is the way to check? Lol

1 Like

That’s actually unbelievable. I have absolutely no idea how multiple people agreed that that was a good idea.

How many hours does this take if you only do commons? 300 Cedric medals.