Spiderbait (Weekly Event Post)

The bad news:
I’ve already seen The Widow Queen blow herself up. Silly AI.

The good news:
It can still be very annoying in the right defense team… Slightly better than I give her credit for, but about as common as Magnus is currently on defense.

Hmm 25 AoE, so you’d sacrifice a 70+ life troop. That is pretty high and would limit your troop choices quite a bit. And you’d also get something back that is most probably completely useless for your team and has significantly less life for Widow Queens 2nd cast.
Personally i’d average her damage much more closer to 20 than 25 considering my troop choices for a possible team. Adding her negative secondary spelleffect instead of a positive one, that puts her down to the 2+year old legendary AoE troop level in my book, which is really really bad in a world where all the other recently released Queens exist.

I agree - needs a ratio buff.

1 Like

Only 7 event keys to get the new legendary, happy with that :grinning:

2 Likes

Ill also add that while I like the idea of the troop, she needs an additional summoner I feel. As when your ‘fodder’ troop dies to stay dealing damage you’re then required to gimp your team even more.

And don’t get stuck with just her left on your team :roll_eyes::wink::metal:t2:

Yay, got her after 30-some event keys on PS4. Pretty happy I grinded/ground all the necessary arcanes last week for her.

You can get a quite silly troop composition with Spider Swarm/Giant Spider/Dokkalfar/Widow Queen.
Just summon and sac forever :laughing:

The only thing I find a teensy bit weird is that the Dark Elves are not immune to Poison…

Pulled 6 copies from 150 Event Keys hence now Mythic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got 2 copies in 50 keys. Some people just have garbage luck.

If the devs fears something broken maybe a 4:1 damage boost and extra damage on Webbed targets, adding more sinergy with other Zhul’ Kari troops spells and effects and her own trait, could be tried.

3 Likes

I’d go either-or. Both a multiplier boost and a bonus against webbed enemies would put her ahead of Krystenax, who is already one of the curve-breaking legendary troops.

Needs a ratio buff I think.

But Kristenax has a great sinergy with his summons, and can acts as a tanker, even ignoring his role as tanker he is quite resilient due his Stoneskin if things boils down to skulls+first one to cast a spell.

Also enemies immune to status wouldn’t take extra damage from the queen, which tips the scales a little against her.

1 Like

all i take from this is we need to nerf krystenax to level the playing field :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, i think he is a very decent troop, and a good point to start creating decent troops based in similar concepts.

The Widow Queen summon is just our basic RNG summon that backfires often since the troops of this kingdom are mostly Green and Purple, so they get in the way…

Her damage is not impressive, and deplets itself as you start losing ground in the battle, but then in a sense she “undo all the damage of a troop” since she summons a new one, but again it can backfire and she doesn’t generates new troops like Krystenax, she just excanges one for another and get some damage out of the deal.

She fills a nice role applying Webbed on enemies, which has a sinergy with some Dark Elves, but then you need to keep these allies alive and use spells or match skulls in some cases. And as i said any troop immune to status effects ignores her, specially with such a low damage and summon restrictions.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying that since release but nothing has happened …

Well there certainly was a point at which this was warranted, but with recent releases Krystenax isn’t even close to being the strongest AoE legendary nowadays.

3 Likes

I had always thought Event Chest worked that way on purpose, that the new Legendary was 1:2 of an old one.

So to get x6 copies of her it took me 600 Event Keys, and in the process I also received x16 copies of WebSpinner. Almost 1:3 for this example.

1 Like

If anyone is looking for a good weekly team try Tomb Spider, Dark Maiden, Giant Spider and The Widow Queen with the Summer Banner. Dark Maiden and Giant Spider can spam back and forth, and then shoot off Widow Queen to kill Tomb Spider. After that, just keep filling up Widow Queen to sacrifice the first troop. As an added bonus, Dark Maiden increases the life of the first troop, which adds to Widow Queens damage. If possible (and if you pulled a good troop) feel free to shoot off the first troops spell whenever possible as well. I have yet to lose a match, and have even faced some Troll/Nyx/Mab/various Mythic troops a couple of times.

4 Likes

Nice. I already setup something similar for a Daily Task! I’m liking the 2 new Zul’Kari troops as I’ve always LOVED when I get that kingdom for a DT. I suppose for theme alone, and not troop power… And I never use them outside of a DT So its only about once a week or two for 8 battles anyhow.

I’ve never really played with ZulKari troops, so it’s fun messing around and seeing what works and what doesn’t. I believe the new Mythic coming later this week is also from ZulKari! It’s a spiderific week so far.