Spiderbait (Weekly Event Post)

Nope, new mythic is from Merlantis

Undine

2 Likes

The devs always said that the drop rate is the same for old and new legendary but its definately hard to believe.
And when the new legendary is the 3rd released in a kingdom, its even worst.
Congrats for ascending the troop to mythic. For me it was not an option as I needed ~400 Event keys to just pull 1 copy! :confounded:

I also tried both new troop for daily task and it was surprisingly nice and fun

Webspinner
Tomb spider
Giant spider
Widow queen

The poison x3 damage + hunter mark is brutal

1 Like

Info from taransworld

Their drop rates are equal.

3 Likes

Thanks, it may be they indented it that way. I was just referring to my personal experience specifically using Event Keys to pull new Legendries, but my sample size is small: only a few thousand Event Keys, so they could easily be the same. Just as an future FYI the taransworld chest data is not a reliable source with regard to what is actually on Console, never has been.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve used:

Tomb Spider
Dark Maiden
Tal’Rae
Widow Queen

And

Webspinner
Dark Maiden
Tomb Spider
Widow Queen

Both fun, but lose a troop and the flaws in the Queens kit become very obvious.

1 Like

I ended up decided to set Widow Queen on Guild War blue day. The team is…

Tomb Spider/Sunbird/Forest Guardian/Widow Queen.

The reason for this team is because it’s buffed beast week. Double buffed Tomb Spider’s skull will hit hard with enemy suffered from both web and hunter’s mark. Widow Queen is only there for web inflicting, so she get intentionally mana-blocked. That’s way she can’t cast spell too early and wreak the team.

And it’s on blue day because I’m bored of Amira’s true damage team. lol

1 Like

Xbox One:

Decided to go back and pull a few more The Widow Queens. Chest pulls seemed fine compared to that first hour.

(The reason it feels fine because they weren’t being stingy with Tomb Spider, the event troop). Got 4 copies of TWQ in 242 keys, which hurt, but seemed ok compared to first hour. (2 in 336 + only 11 Tomb Spiders). Plenty of Webspinners though.

That memory leak from pulling 1 at a time (does it apply for multiple 10/50 at a times too?) though really needs to be looked into.

I always have to spend at least 50 and usually 100 event keys to pull 1 of the new legendary troops (this week it was 100 I do 50 at a time as I have zero luck any other way and the 10 option has been removed :frowning: )

Yeah, yesterday, on Xbox One, also, I was able to make the game crash while opening Event Chests in batches of ten.

Second and third batches lagged the game for like ten seconds each opening, and the fourth batch froze the game and kicked me to the Xbox One Home screen. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It also appears to apply to opening any amount. Memory footprint increases regardless of which one is pressed. But, oddly, only the event key screen is affected as far as I can tell. Probably not as prominent because nobody can open more than 5 batches of 10 without exiting (because if you have 51+ keys, you don’t even have the option to open 10 keys) and very few people can open enough batches of the other amounts to trigger it (it usually becomes a major issue only at 8+ presses).

2 Likes

I’m not versed in code wizardry, but maybe it has something to do with how the request to pull the troops from the table is handled and how it calculates each possible drop since the Event Chests need to self-updated on each passing week?

Again, i have just some very basic knowledge in this area, but i can only imagine this spike of memory usage is due some old and untouched piece of code still being used instead of receiving some proper review and fix/rework.

Yep, this bug is exclusive to event chests.

Please bump the bug thread for the memory leak. Post every time it happens. The devs respond most quickly when players keep the issue in their face. Soulforge received a change 8 days after the first thread complaining about it, and we’ve worked for 5 months to try and get the rest of the promised changes (“sometime this year”).

We need a few hundred more posts in the event key memory leak thread before it “looks like an issue”.

To follow up on that, the result of that team is quiet good for Branket 9! ^^

It might mostly due to fast & self-healing Sunbird than new troops, but I’ll never know. :stuck_out_tongue: Just wish Blue day come after Friday instead of Thursday, so I could test my new Undine card! ^^

Still able to set full-yellow Bard-Dawnbringer team on Sunday’s yellow war though. So there is that! :slight_smile:

1 Like