Soul Harvest

To be fair, they did post this part:

Maybe the chance goes down by an absolute 50% each time. Which could have been worded a bit better if that is the case.

5 Likes

worded better, like: “you can only encounter 2 flesh horror per day?” :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks for giving us something new. I like it.
Around 30 fights I get 2 copy of “The Devil”.
Then I became angry after 300+ fights without it.
Shame on you for fooling us again…
Why the secrecy?
Who is benefiting from the vague rates?

Congrats on turning a nice thing to something frustrating.

6 Likes

“So yeah, the reason we’re not telling you this is because we want you to keep playing and form a habit.”

5 Likes

same here, 2 only now KoS only appearing with nada.

1 Like

Hi everyone, if anyone finds or has found a 3rd Devil today please let us know, thank you

7 Likes

guldie says it might be bounded to getting max 2 of the devil each day.

1 Like

Perhaps not. A guildmate of mine claims they beat the battlecrasher but lost the battle, and they have been stuck at 1 Devil for a while.

Edit: see followup post below.

That would be in line with the chance of Flesh Horror spawning with a diminishing chance. And the rate being a flat 50% each time… It would be interesting to know if a third one pops up for your guildie. :slightly_smiling_face:

A third one popped up moments after I posted, according to guild chat—said guildmate now has their two daily copies of The Devil. I guess there is no better way to bend the universe to your will than to complain publicly.

4 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen, post screenshot of roster. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What is wrong with 2 The Devil troops? You can get another 2 everyday. Then you have plenty by the end of the week. More than enough to craft the Mythic. It is not grindy (Hard) to get 1 per day so NO complain for me.

3 Likes

It’s the pattern of misleading players. That’s the issue.

10 Likes

The lack of transparency about the cap is my main problem. I also don’t mind a cap of 2 per day, but if my week was different, I could have easily been screwed over by this.

I’ve been extremely busy lately and if that continued into this week, I would have missed people talking about this cap. If I went by the in-game and forum announcement, I would have planned to just farm them on Sunday when I actually had time to play. I would have not been happy when I found out that wasn’t the case. It shouldn’t be on players to go digging through forum posts or Discord chat to find information like this.

10 Likes

@Dust_Angel @ctenn2ls is there a cap of 2 during beta testing?

#weavergate

Nothing per se, but it’d be nice to know if there’s any point in grinding for more after getting the first two.

The announcement sets up an expectation of diminishing returns; that it’ll become progressively harder to find; but not impossible. Is it impossible after getting two? We don’t know.

All the other diminishing-returns events in the game are more transparent: reward tiers are spaced progressively further apart but the requirements for each are clear; Arena weekend rewards are progressively harder to get but we always know how far it is to the next one.

6 Likes

I agree. They could’ve said 50% less every time. However, from the start my goal was to get 1 and I got 2 for my 2 accounts in the first 30 minutes. So I am happy.

#weavergate

They really need to say if there is a hard cap. I would be furious if I decided to farm these at the weekend only to find out i could not reach the minimum required. Its all a bit of a mess again isn’t it.

1 Like

This. The limit itself isn’t necessarily a bad thing, the refusal to acknowledge it is.

Just tell us “hey you can stop grinding after you get two”. Oh wait…gotta keep up that ‘engagement’, amirite?

8 Likes

We’ve just gotten the two that everyone seems to have experienced. Keep in mind that unless the diminishing chances of getting a third Flesh Horror battle happen in an hour or two or so of testing stuff (we’re not grinding out five hours of testing a day or anything on top of keeping up in the live game, this is a volunteer thing after all), then we didn’t experience it. I think it’s safe to plan around getting two a day and being happily surprised if another one randomly shows up while just going about your business like usual in Explore or PVP. I wouldn’t grind for more than two a day.

As I said earlier in the post, that’s more than enough to get Trick and Treat crafted and ascend The Devil.

On a personal note, I’d suggest definitely not waiting until the end of the week to try and get them as a last-minute ascension orb isn’t going to help with needing five Devil troops on hand for the recipe. The two drops show up pretty quickly if you’re looking for them, so try and get some time in to get them daily if you can.

5 Likes