Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

I agree with almost everything you have written on the topic of spending resources, except for one point: I have never seen confirmation from the developers that tier-6 guild chests behave like gem keys. We have only been told that they don’t drop common and rare troops, not that they also skew in favor of legendary and mythic troops. In fact, I’ve never had anyone offer any sort of evidence when I asked about this claim.

2 Likes

You obviously did not look at the link i posted.
We can do 7 Tasks each approximately. So i will do the work for you and just compare it for you: [Nerfed/Pre], provided we DO actually manage to get 7 each
Blue: 140/190 Gems - 50 Gems less, a lot but i can understand, they want to increase the value of their premium currency
Green: 6/12 Event Keys - half the event keys, this hits really hard, especially for newer players
Red: 10/18 Gem Keys - 8 Gem keys less, also punishing mostly for early- and mid-game players
Yellow: 56/76 Glory Keys - 20 glory keys less, not that big of a deal but it adds up after some weeks
Purple: 1750/1900 Souls - 150 souls less, who cares (kinda unnecessary, they even changed it at all)
Brown: 515/670 Gold Keys - 155 gold keys less, same thing as the souls

So you saying

is simply wrong and also not everyone DOES increase the game speed! Please understand this. Many people feel uncomfortable with the fast flashy animations, or are just used to the speed and get punished for that preference.

Also this:

is only because of the 4x speed, so sadly we can not get 8 each.

1 Like

I did, that’s why I pointed out the obvious error in your logic. For the same amount of gold spent you get less. For the same amount of time spent you get about the same, if not more. It’s a bit like inflation, bread price tripled the past 20 years. Quite amazingly, I’m still able to afford bread (and everything else), even though I’m not working more than 20 years ago.

You seem to be in a pretty unique position there, I haven’t heard of any other guild where every member insists on playing on the slowest game setting. Quite the contrary, I seem to recall a lot of voices that wanted the faster settings available on all platforms as soon as possible. I guess from that perspective the reward structure does suck.

I’m curious though, if you don’t mind the question. Is this some kind of voluntary challenge, like old-school projects that crop up in MMORPGS?

It would be so bad if event chests weren’t 10-25% non event troops. We really need to get the devs to respond here. They’re called EVENT chests for a reason. It’s a total Mis-sell.

10 Likes

my thoughts exactly! Take away most from blue task but then give all back but 200 then everyone is happy and forgot about the legendary tasks! You can’t make this stuff up!

I admire the dedication of people reading this thesis.

Not happy, just seeing the manipulation that nothing can be done about. Well, other than start looking for other games.

24 event keys is bs, and why on hell the task still give maps and souls?

1 Like

Idea for addressing LTs:

Un-nerf them value wise, but keep gems out. The devs said gems won’t be back in LTs which I guess we will have to live with. At least they could put back the old values of items and substitute in diamonds for gems though.

While I don’t care for the reduction in gems, I do understand why there was a need to do so.
I love that you guys listen and respond to players wants/needs. I have had to put in a couple tickets and honestly I have never had quicker service from any other game I have played. Thank you guys for all the hard work, you guys are awesome! @Sirrian @Saltypatra and everyone there at 505 kudos :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

If they’re actually going to keep Gems out, this is necessary. LTs have lost a LOT more than “16% gem value” with the double nerf.

I’m still hoping the publisher feels enough of a pinch from people who decide the game is no longer worth the spend and they get re-added, even if at 1/2 or 1/3 the previous rate.

Remember, vote with your wallets!

5 Likes

We did not complete a single LT since the nerf, not that we intend to and we won’t until this gets adressed.

2 Likes

4x speed is poor excuse. Nerf glory! Give us our gems back!

I’m starting to hate this game. thanks devs!

5 Likes

Well my guild isn’t exactly huge (12 ppl to be exact) and the most active people are the most important obviously. And two of them said the 4x speed made them feel uncomfortable. Some photosensitivity issue i guess.

But i don’t understand the last thing. I simply said, now that 4x speed is available, we improved to approximately 7 of each task, each week. If everyone played 4x it would be even higher, but i can’t force them.

2 Likes

Me too actually. I had to put my graphics on rare and blur off. But since I only do x4 times when traitstone farming it’s ok.

It’s quite an extreme change at first. It couldn’t make out what was going on at all, so I used to crank down the speed for all the guild wars battles. Somehow the brain eventually seem to get accustomed to it though, 2x speed actually feels slow now.

Ah, okay, it sounded like your whole guild is intentionally playing on the slowest setting. I’ve been part of even crazier voluntary challenges. :slight_smile:

If you were to sum up the rewards received under the old terms, while completing less than 7 of each task, and compare them to the sum of rewards received under the new terms, now that you complete 7 of each task, would you fare better, about the same or worse?

Are you ALSO going to un-nerf the Legendary Tasks? The nerf was so hard that it is actually better and more economic for me to drop my extra gold on gold chests as I get more resources from that than dropping 1 milion gold for 1 event key, 1 gem key and some random traitstones.

So yeah, 1 million gold gets me:
LT - 1 gem key, 1 event key, 6 random arcanes
Gold Chest - about 3333 chest openings - and I average about 100 gems per 1000 chests PLUS I get gold, common troops(the hardest to find troops in the game since they only show up here and you need hundreds of them to ascend) and souls and even MORE gold that makes it so that you tend to open about 3400-3500 chests for every 1 million gold.

Why would I want to waste a million on one gem key, even if it is shared out with my guild?

This is the ONLY argument remaining that LTs in their current state are STILL valuable. You aren’t dropping 1 mil on 1 gem key, but on 30 gem keys!

The problem with this argument/defense is that it assumes the generosity of the individual. MOST players were willing to be generous when they SAW VALUE in the LT for THEM. End of the day if a player doesn’t find personal value they will not purchase, resulting in LTs that are not being completed and a run on the Gold Chest store!

1 Like

Have gems been nerfed on gold chest drops and tribute? I’m getting shite.