Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Um… good point…

1 Like

Not really if you do something like that:
if you don’t have the troop…
ex1
… and if you have the troop:
ex2

4 Likes

But what about the other task rewards? As a low/medium achieving guild (7 tasks each colour), it feels like we shouldn’t even bother with the tasks anymore. I don’t think it’s worth the time anymore…
Man last week i spent money on this game, because i enjoyed it so much and now you come around the corner with this. Feels so disappointing, but i figure it doesn’t matter how i and my guild feel about this. I understand that you have to run a business here, but i would have rather spent money pre-nerf (as i did). Now however it feels like that was wasted and i feel like quitting this game for good now, which makes me very sad because this game has been one of my favourites for the last year or so, despite being a free2play thingie.
I am sorry for this mini-rant, but it’s hard to lose a favourite game just like that.

5 Likes

People are very gullible still; falling for the oldest trick in the book everytime.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening, and thanks again for taking away half of our weekly gems.

5 Likes

Uh, what? The first few task ranks are such a phenomenal return on gold investment, who could possibly think they aren’t worth the time? Pay 40k gold for every member of the guild to get 20 gems? I’d complete that a hundred times if I just had the option.

1 Like

I propose to remove 4x speed so we can have previous guild’s rewards. Now we have only 24 event’s keys and it’s ridicolous. Please, give us back previous guild’s rewards; if you must remove soulforge, to give us previous guild’s rewards, do it.
Please, give us back previous AI (that before gw). All changes you made are only negative. Now it’s only a luck game with ridicolous rewards.
Last week, thank to your changes, we lost another player, and this week many of my guild’s players have decide to play less (included me), so no more gold and are considering quitting the game.
Please again, listen to the player base, and remove all these negative changes, cuz 4x speed and soulforge aren’t not worth. What the benefit would be from 4x speed if you low rewards? @Sirrian @Saltypatra

5 Likes

Exactly, but you DON’T. It gets ridicoulously expensive very quickly without a much higher reward. So it just sucks you dry without giving much back. Event keys are close to unfarmable at this point.
Also:
Keep in mind, not everyone likes to play at 4x speed, so they get punished for NOTHING.

For reference. Just compare these two charts and tell me this is a good return of investment…

1 Like

I forgot to write that Black Dragon, my guild, won’t do LT this week cuz current LT’s rewards aren’t worth our efforts. Again, what the benefit would be from 4x speed if you low rewards? All you have achieved are we play less and don’t like gow anymore. @Sirrian @Saltypatra

8 Likes

oh man. they gonna need a client update to fix the impervious bug? and console client updates take months to get to them? I feel really bad for our console brethren. :frowning:

5 Likes

@Saltypatra. I feel like my former post is getting lost in the swirl. Can we please revisit the math on the change to Gems? It’s not internally consistent with the other tasks and their values, and it’s actually a nerf for non-VIP 5 people. Now I’m upset b/c the VIP 5+ whiners have made it worse for everyone that isn’t them!

I am against almost everything of the patch 3.1
Soulforge is useless withouth months of accumulating resources (plus i really do not like the batcrazy req for doing anything, even small stuff like the arcanes).
Second, this makes GW even more wrong, since it becomes the only reliable gem source, but only for the top guilds, harming both the small/young guilds and the relaxed guilds that played casually GW or not at all.
Imho this is really unfair. Plus the PVP/GW has become a coin toss. If the AI gets the initiative, i lose, period. No matter the mythics i have, the synergies i use, is worthless. IF i get the initiative, the AI can always win via cascades. My gorgotha is frequently dying outta skulls! yes, skulls. Cuz Ai matches 3, drops a match 3 skulls, then gets an extra turn and so on. Sometimes i need to wait a minute before i get to play.

12 Likes

It’s not just good, it’s a no-brainer, even after the nerf. Sure, you could technically spend your gold on gold keys, to get a small amount of gems and glory for yourself. Task rewards go to everybody in the guild though, and I find the combined bulk reward still extremely generous.

Would it be an option to add diamonds to the Legendary Tasks reward pool instead? Or possibly shards, which drain some souls when converting them to diamonds? Gems mostly tend to get spend on acquiring Mythics, so getting access to some extra diamonds might lessen the blow a bit.

10 Likes

@Sirrian When exactly will consoles get a update patch?
I need to hunt down mythics that I don’t have in my collection.

3.1 is live on consoles

1 Like

Since a long time ago. (11-12 hours)

Lol, don’t rush. It will take you months before you are able to craft any mythics unless you plan on spending lot of cash/gems. To craft a mythic you need 4000 diamonds which at the current rate looks like will take over 2 months to get.

4 Likes

Crafting is the game of patience for most, thats for sure.

1 Like

Yeah but if I buy the daily dungeon pack weekly for 350 gems, it leaves me an extra 40 a week which means I can open 50VIP keys every, 56weeks! Wow! Kapow! Fizzbang!

12 Likes

IDK if this is a bad idea but I was thinking, why not remove completely the gem keys and give the players the equivalent in gems.
That way you can choose what to buy, so if you re a VIP 5 you can spend it on chests, or if you re a hardcore GW player spend it on sentinels or if you re a low/mid player use it on gem chests and so on. You don t have to increase the gem benefits AND you give the player the right to choose.
Do the same with glory.

16 Likes