Some suggestion from Tyrant to Devs

Agree with your point.

I would argue for more rewards down the brackets as said by other before as well as the increased rewards of the PvP leaderboards.

The weird thing is that most casual GW players think 30/0 is mostly fluke based and B1 players are the ones willing to do the nitty gritty to ensure that 30/0 is within their control for as much as possible. I’m in the second category because I really can’t deal with the stress of messing up everything because my the game detects my swipe the wrong direction which allows the AI to loop to no end.

I have my defenses set for the week based on which guilds I am facing and not solely based on color as a specific defense works better against some guilds but not others. Anyways its been posted many times the actual schedule based on the previous places earned so hiding guild names would be moot at this point.

Edit: The last time the devs “intervened” in the schedule after it was posted caused a mass fubar as many days were fought from players in 1-3 guilds on any given day.

3 Likes

This really needs to be implemented.

I’m fine with top guilds getting obscene amounts of gems if those of us further down the totem pole actually get something worthwhile. 30 players out of tens of thousands pulling 1500 gems a week is ludicrious. No matter how well any guilds play, only 30 players will ever get that reward per week, and once you descend below 4th-5th place the rewards quickly reach the “lame” category. I’m reliably in bracket 2 with occasional peeks into bracket 1, and the top guilds get 5-8 times what I do while everyone in bracket 2 gets the same reward. In light of the massive gem nerfs, this really needs to be looked at. You can’t have one game mode designed around a large gem payout and then only give that payout to 30-60 people per week.

I’m VIP 6 too. I’d love 1000-1500 gems a week to put towards VIP chests, but I get 200 a week and I have to make do with it. I can’t sympathize with this.

And those sentinel costs, combined with the aforementioned cruddy rewards, make it even harder for guilds who aren’t getting that level of gem income to compete. I get it, F2P games have to sneak in all these little hooks to try getting people to spend, but this isn’t just a problem at the top.

1 Like

Do you spend 1360 a month on sentinels?
Like I said, the system needs to be reworked from the top down, pvp even more so.

Hey All,

Just a quick drive by from me to address a couple of very valid issues raise by the OP:

1. Guild Wars Defenses resetting… 1000 times yes! I think this has been annoying EVERYBODY. It’s fixed in the update due out today/tomorrow (depending on your timezone/platform)
    As of the next update after THAT (expect it in very early 2018) the defense teams will remember their assigned colors from week to week

2. Unfair competition in GW. We hear you on that. We’ve certainly investigated a number of cases of this, and if it is happening, we’re not seeing it have a significant effect on scores. We’d LIKE to improve the scoring system to be more of a “zero-sum” system… so it becomes more about BEATING the enemy rather than just winning (i.e. if you give them easy wins, YOU will not score as highly) No ETA on this, as it’s a delicate system to tune, but it’s on our radar for a future update.

3. Rewards. Absolutely! I would love to revisit this. The concern of our publishing partner is that top guilds may lose on purpose to try and win lower brackets if we smooth out the rewards too much, but personally I’d really love to revisit rewards (including a nice incentive for placing highly in your bracket no matter WHICH bracket you’re in)

17 Likes

I personally do not go by color for putting my defense teams. I put my hardest teams against the the best teams. This to me is a attempt from you as a high scoring guild of getting easier fights. I put a meta against the top guilds you included.

@sirrian please consider adding the GW progress of every guild in the same bracket, would be nice to know how many fight left for our biggest rival, the only way we can figure it is when we fight them. there is enough space to add it to the ranking page it would be awesome

This is the only way to rule out collusion. It’s not even pseudo random. the position you finish in the week before decides who you get to play the next week. No secrets there.
No matter what, a +1 from me for every idea to improve guild wars.

And while they’re at it please do some team management improvements. Ordering teams, more team slots. Perhaps even separate tabs for guild wars.

1 Like

… meaning that the guild which is fighting more easier guilds than others will have a even more advantage…
I think everyone observe a deviation on a same color day depending only of the opponent guild (and RNG of course) and so on, some guilds generally put easier defense teams than others.

And it also means that players who are not putting succesful defense teams will make loose points to their guild…
I say “succesful” because “easy/difficult defense teams” means nothing. I get 0 win and 9 losses in one day last week, it wasn’t my goal.

If you want that badly that players put the most horrible defense teams why not doing it by yourself? Every guilds will face exactly the same OP teams, there will be no collusion, no easy schedule for some guilds, etc.

2 Likes

“Zero-Sum” makes a guild who has sister more easily to get score, because they can benifit both from attack and defense!
The sister may down to rank2, but can up to rank1 again next week.
So, the result is the guild who has sister can reach 1st every 2 weeks, and no other guild can stop it.

“Zero-Sum” let guild won double score when vs their sister guilds,when sister guilds use weak def team and get the game lose.

I have a lot of respect for Tyrant, because you guys are damn good at Guild Wars. However, I think that speculating about possible collusion without presenting hard evidence, at least to the devs if not in a public forum, is useless, insulting to the other guilds in your bracket, and detrimental to the game in general.

From the comments posted here, it seems that folks think that if a guild has a sister guild, the two will just naturally conspire to give each other GW points. I am a member of Intrim. We have 4 sister guilds, one of which often shares our GW bracket. I can state categorically that there is no collusion between Intrim and any of our sister guilds. I think it is fairly well known that I do not tolerate cheating in any form and if anything of the sort was happening in Intrim I would no longer be a member of the guild.

So, unless you have hard evidence of collusion, I would request that you keep your baseless speculation out of the forums. If you do have hard evidence, it needs to go directly to the devs per community guidelines and it still needs to stay out of the forums.

10 Likes

You do seem way to sensitive on the subject, but I guess this is due to whatever else is going on.

The solution mentioned here (locking GW for the week and not showing the actual opponents) is a good one, and should benefit everyone.
They just have to randomize the days you play what team on, as discussed a while back, here:

You should set your defense team on the color of the day, not on the opponent you’re playing.

1 Like

I agree that the idea of locking defense teams to unnamed opponents is a good one. I never said it wasn’t.

As for being sensitive on the subject, try being in a situation where you are constantly accused of wrongdoing when you know perfectly well nothing of the sort is happening. It might make you a little touchy on the subject, too.

2 Likes

Like I assumed, I meant no offense :slight_smile:

As a member of the weaker sister guild in bracket 01 (we don’t call name, right?), i want to point out we have to face meta defense team from our elder sister. And we do the same. We certainly don’t get a perfect score when we face them, and they don’t either. Besides speculations, i would also be interested if there are any hard facts to support these claims, especially when the dev tells you there is no difference after they checked the scores during these days.
You should assume we are honest, not the other way around.

5 Likes

Let’s not turn this into a discussion on who is and isn’t cheating, and instead on one about an addition to the game that will prevent anyone from doing it.

That seems much more productive.

3 Likes

Understandable, i do not disagree with that, but you can not ignore what you read between lines.
I doubt this proposal just comes out of thin air. So i wanted to clarify where we stand fair-play wise.

1 Like

I do understand that to, but these threads always derail so quickly when the focus shifts to that discussion.

It’s nice that @Sirrian responded to the post. To bad he doesn’t really acknowledge this “simple” solution of not showing opponents and locking all teams for the whole week.
But maybe it’s at least in the back of their heads now.

I would actually love for the 6 colored GW defense teams to be separate team slots, so that you don’t have to set them anew every week.

I might change a defense team now and then, but most players will basically use the same green defense team on green gw day, same for the other colors.

So I would like to see that either these defense teams are separate from normal teams (probably not that easy to implement) or that GW sets the defense teams for the new week according to the defense teams of last week.

This last one should be easier to implement code wise. You have the team IDs stored (locked) from the old week. So when the new week starts, just assign those team IDs to respective colors again.