So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

Mine comes from the Nordic epic Beowulf. My other nickname, Dragoon comes from my favorite troop, Dragons and in one of my fave games I was a Dragon Rider, so I got the nickname Dragoon

1 Like

Sooo guess its my turn now :stuck_out_tongue:

Jon - first three letters of rl name
313 - this is the tricky part, its the number plate of Donald duck in the old comic books (Donā€™t judge me in thet, I was 10 when I created that handle - and I had read a lot of those when it was created xD)
Its also a slight deviation from birth dateā€¦ the whole story of this:
My dad: ā€œWe need a few more letters to make it 8 letters long so you can use it. Letā€™s use your birth dateā€
Me: ā€œNo, Donald Ducks number plate is 313. Iā€™ll use thatā€
97 - my age :stuck_out_tongue: or birth year or whatever

And ingame: Llew - thats the name of the main character from the ā€œThe paradise warā€ book series (Llew Silverhand). I liked it and used it.

2 Likes

I used to be the CEO of NYCUrbanity. It was a building block for independent artists of all forms to express themselves on a stage. Unforunately it no longer exists.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ youā€™re 97, your eyes are sharp as well as your mind then. :clap:

1 Like

Mine is actually really boring

My first name is Dustin

and 1280 was a completely random number i came up with that has no hidden meaning whatsoeverā€¦

2 Likes

@Shimrra?

@Nimhain?

2 Likes

Ok so mine is this: Krudler - YouTube

Why I like this is because itā€™s a very simple, yet subtle and clever language joke.

I find that if English isnā€™t a personā€™s ā€œmother tongueā€ this joke doesnā€™t seem to make sense. Basically itā€™s this: In English it is common to form new words using two other wordsā€¦ This is called a ā€œportmanteauā€ and one example is when the new word, SMOG was formed from two existing words SMOKE and FOG.

In the joke here, Krusty The Klown and Bette Midler owned a horse togetherā€¦ now the obvious and charming name to make from the the two is ā€œMistyā€ taking the best of kruSTY and MIdler. Instead they named it KRUDLER, taking the worst of KRUsty and the worst of miDLER. An absolutely awful sounding name considering that crud ā€œKrudā€ is an English slang word for awful, gross, dirty, germ covered, filth.

My arcade letters are CBGā€¦ thereā€™s a good story behind that, but itā€™s long and semi-vulgar. Perhaps another day lol

12 Likes

I didnā€™t realise that Iā€™d like this game so much, so when my usual internet moniker was taken I just mashed the d key thinking I could change it later :sweat:

20 Likes

River Song, ftom Doctor Who, for my money the best female bad ass since Emma Peel.

6 Likes

I am fairly sure you can have this changed if you contact support. (Your reason made me laugh, though.)

3 Likes

Iā€™m not that creative. My real name is Jeremy. people called me Germ as a kid so i just went with that and added a few E

4 Likes

Back when my son got me into Yugioh and we played at Star City Games, there were other Dads playing as well. We formed a team called The Elders. I even used Elder on my Night Train (HD motorcycle) license plate. Since then I always used some form of Elder and eventually became Eternal Elder on Forums and games.

8 Likes

Thanks Lyya, itā€™s kind of stuck for now. Might change it one day :slight_smile:

Dude, thatā€™s the greatest handle story everā€¦ you CANā€™T change it now :laughing: :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to what language this is, what the pronunciation is, etc. I love words and language. As you can see from my handle explanation!

1 Like

Itā€™s Japanese. Niku is written 肉 and means ā€œmeat.ā€ (For example, yakiniku restaurants.)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always been Zuboki. Came up with it in kindergarten, as a username for AOL, but since itā€™s been my go-to sobriquet. Over the years, Iā€™ve met a lot of people from the internet in real life, and many still call me Zuboki out of force of habit.

5 Likes

How do you know hmmmm?

Iā€™m a dirty halfie. :slight_smile: Spent much of my childhood in Japan, moved to the States in my teens.

8 Likes

Mine is simply the first letter of my first name and first three of my last name. Had it forever, even before the emo scene hit and ruined it temporarily for me :wink:

3 Likes