So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

That is one of the few ones that actually still works, because you kinda only need a 3er brown to fill up.
So don’t worry about that one :slight_smile:

Getting destroyed by SkullFall™ today, seems like even more than the permanent Bonestorm we got with Unity…team choices keep being limited to requiring a tank up front…

2 Likes

So why are your salad dragon on the bench? :wink:

1 Like

They shrug it off after 1-2 turns so have decided a stronger offense is better than an ignored defense.

ah guess we share differently experiences.

2 Likes

Now we really need to get those cascades fixed…

4 Likes

From my observation the only thing big that is problematic and definitely contributes to the feeling of unfairness is the surges on 4 matches because it exacerbates the problem of the broken GG which I’ve said before were broken out of the box.

Everything else (surprise surprise) but more specifically the “magical cascades” turned out to be a figment of the collective console imagination.

One move often fills up multiple cards through cascades, taking out opponent cards while ding so, by multiple skull combines cascading in as well.

Nothing imaginative about it… unfortunately…

4 Likes

Thanks butch, I try to ignore players like misty. Maybe it was just another attempt at some bad humour.

3 Likes

i disagree, im actually having more cascades since the update so i rather agree the skydrop cascades was not just imagination

1 Like

So far it’s happening for both the AI and me, so its not like it was an unfair advantage for the AI. Its annoying for sure, AI is getting more mana than before, but its not like a game breaking amount. All the extra skulls is the worst part. Sylvanimora, or Gorgotha are pretty much required with all the extra skulls falling in on cascades.

I’ve been loving them. There is nothing better than having 1 troop left with 1 hitpoint that is burning/poisoned whatever, having a massive cascade come down that beats 3/4 of your team with skulls then my coup de grace spell finishes you off.

1 Like

Loving it, the endless skull drops and mana fills are perfect - especially when facing Sheggra or anything that loops or mana fills easily and builds it’s health and armour up. Even the highest of mana requirements are filled quickly no matter how good your board control is the drops just keep coming. Perhaps someday I’ll get lucky myself but maybe I need mythics first.
On the plus side I learned 1000 is the skill limit, and games can last several hours of stalemate if you don’t retreat. It’s all fun fun fun. #endsarcasm

Eventually it reached over 900/1000. If it helps anyone, Bugbears damage isn’t based on ‘missing’ life, it’s based on previous life damage done so once the armours down he makes light work of high health. First time I’ve seen over 500 damage in a single attack.

It’s worse then ever this week, and reaching the point where it’s no longer a game, just a moronic exercise.
I lost the first five ranked pvp battles, all due to lucky cascades.
Only a sucker for punishment keeps playing after that.

It’s like they want us to lose, nm how unfair.

I’ve won 45 games in a row with no losses this morning. There were cascades both ways, as usual. I’d rather the game rolled back a little to how it was pre-Unity… but can’t agree with your sentiments here.

So you’re ok with players getting screwed every time they play, as long as it doesn’t happen to you?

Or am I misinterpreting what your saying?

I think your exaggerations are being proven to be what they are, exaggerations…

2 Likes

No, I would not be okay with this, but I cannot believe this is happening. RNG is ‘spikier’ now, and I do lose more than I used to, but nothing like what you’re describing. Losing five in a row, in my view, can only be down to weaker stats (fix-able in the long term), poor team design or poor in-game play (both fix-able now). Even in the unfriendly meta-hell that was GW with 50% boosted Kerberos, I never lost five in a row.

4 Likes

It was just ranked PVP, but if it had been GW, I would have been 0-5 today, all because of cascades.

I doubt anyone is ok with that…

im not really loosing much (since i use dragon deck)
but i still dislike the “spikier” and more frequent skydrops

to me this kind of rng level is not fun, i like when gameplay is more dependant on actual strategy

on the side note, the “loop breaker” i now simply assume its “almost guaranteed” extra turn if you havent had any extra turns yet - otherwise dont even try -

as a result im getting more looping-extra turns per looping-attempt, i find it funny, almost ironical but this is the reason:

• they happen on poor-color board where i wouldnt expect it and/or when previously i wouldnt even try to cast in such situation
  • i dont try to get more after getting one

the whole thing i find laughable and rigged - this is not how gem creators worked in past, this is not random either, i find it cheating, but yeah at least i learned how to play with it…

also i believe there should be OFFICIAL RULES stated in the game explaining how exactly it works - cause that loop breaker influences the rng too greatly to ever call it random anymore. Its simply not fair to a player if one the card its written for example: “create 12 gems”
either give official rule or add a more detailed descruiption to all gem creators for example: “create 12 gems but within a turn the chance to gain extra turn will decrease with each extra turn up to 0% after x turns” - since thats what the card effect does now. saying it simply spawns x randomly is a plain lie

dragon deck seem to perfect for it since after you looped elemaugrim - you can clear the board with an exploder

3 Likes