Snakes and Adders

Tai-Pan looks very interesting. Thank you for releasing good troops/weapons on a regular basis nowadays! :+1:

1 Like

I really enjoyed previewing Viper on one of my previous streams. You can watch it here.

I can’t wait to see what kind of team building you all do with Tai-Pan. What are you thinking thus far?

As he is now, I’m naganna use him. A random poison is worthless. Hellcat does damage, converts any color and has decent stats. Mercy cleanses, heals, and has good traits. This troop gives a weak, random poison status that a third of the troops are immune to. It should have been poison and charm a random foe.

8 Likes

7 Likes

That is an A+ pun.

1 Like

Tai-Pan → Zuul’Goth :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not a team @TheIdleOne, that’s a burn. XD

1 Like

I’m disappointed that the Naga get more sub par troops. :disappointed:

As stated already, Taipan already fills a role done Naga Queen and her all buff life is way more useful than poison an enemy.

Viper needs a better third trait and to Damage and charm an enemy + a charm a random one.

*shakes head at these design “decisions”…

2 Likes

I personally think Viper is quite strong. I enjoy running her with a goblin team.

I was also thinking about this a moment ago, adding a random charm into its spell would not have been too OP, and a Legendary worthy.

Incubus is charming two random enemies with his spell for 10 mana cost, hes not much worse than Viper, and Incubus is an UR. Just to back up why I think Viper should do the little extra.

4 Likes

So the team brings in pets to boost team boni, then designs new legendary troops around playing them with troops not from their home kingdom or race…

Sorry, but *shakes head again…

Viper’s spell doesn’t sound legendary. It could be “Deal X to damage to an enemy. Poison and Charm the enemies below and above them.”
Whatever it’s surely too late to make any modifications to this troop…

Maybe we should start again to discuss about the troops on the spoiler topic before their release…

“Charm the enemies above and below them” is 60-100 damage to that troop. That is absurdly powerful for a legendary spell.

1 Like

Damn I really should have been checking the spoilers I have been farming swamps all week and ignoring beasts for a while and now I have way more swamps than I need even before buying the glory pack and I’m 3 beasts short.

Just realised it’s Mist of Scales week hopefully my bad luck with Ubastet will give me good luck with Euryali and I can get her easily with event keys I have been needing her for a long time.

2 Likes

Surely, if you consider that there are always alive enemies above and below the target.
That’s not the case.

1 Like

Charm is just a problematic spell effect in general, because it scales at 1x or 2x with the target’s Attack stat, and cannot be reduced in any way (yet?). There isn’t a lot of room for making it fine-grained, either. You can’t make it so half of a troop attacks: it’s all or nothing, so damage dealt rises very rapidly with number of targets affected.

Wisp is a better legendary than Viper. lower mana cost. dispel first, then charm then jumble board and extra turn. board jumble with another potential of 4 matches. stealthy, swift. but viper is better on offense since targetable except it can’t target stealthy unit and can’t hurt barrier.

Third trait is very weak compared to kraken since we probably get more 4-5 gem matches than spell casts. except maybe in exploder team. even so, explosion+storm gives more 4-5 gems matches cascades than spell casts.

1 Like

:expressionless:

:anger:

4 Likes

I think tai looks good, viper is a bit meh.

They look cool. That’s where it ends.

Echoing the thoughts above.

Taipan is rubbish. I’ve looked forward to another empowered converter for ages, and we get this? Its secondary effect is trivial, so we have a 12 cost single colour to red converter. Hopeless. Empowered removing browns isn’t very useful. And it’s the same colours as Mercy. Such a missed opportunity. This is dull and generic and won’t be used. :rage:

Viper is average at best. The spell hits quite hard. But that third trait is hopeless. Again such a waste of a cool idea :rage:. As @gouki says: 3 damage is 1/4 of what Kraken does and fires less often. It’d be strong in a Goblin team at level 100 play. If you found it and traited it. To anyone else this is not worth unlocking.

Naga really needed some good troops with colour and utility variation. They didn’t get them again. Back to divines for me and everyone else…

6 Likes