Snakes and Adders

Originally published at: Snakes and Adders – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Tai-Pan

In all the armies of the Naga, one warrior is feared more than any other; it is said the great Tai-pan can land his first blow so quickly, that only a trained eye can discern any movement.

Tai-Pan will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Legendary Troop: Viper

The most deadly Naga are often not the warriors. Fortunately for the rest of of us, the charming and mesmerizing powers of the Naga are somewhat unreliable, and often a little hit-or-miss. UNfortunately however, Viper has honed her powers of mind control with fine precision… she never misses her intended victim!

Viper will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make her way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

Join the Forum!

6 Likes

Now the big question, Who is better?

Mercy or Tai?

Mercy for sure

5 Likes

Mercy is more useful spell-wise, Taipan might have better combos

2 Likes

Mercy. Colors.

2 Likes

Yeah i agree she also heal and cleanse witch is better than poison

2 Likes

Cleanse all plus life is better than poison 1.

1 Like

Depends on your gender preference? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also what is up with Viper’s hand? That… that is not a thumb. I am confused.
Likely a very useful troop, though. I never try for legendaries since I tend to get them sooner or later anyway, but she looks really, relaly good.
Her flavor text led me to believe she is a guy, though. Now I’m even more confused.
Maybe it’s because it’s 1am. I dunno.

Very related: A youtube video of a bunny defeating a snake.:rabbit:

1 Like

always seems to be more purple to convert on starting boards than brown

coollogo_com-2771478

2 Likes

Yea, I noticed that bad hand anatomy too. :sweat: (Granted, they could have been aiming for non-human stretchy anatomy. Who knows.) Otherwise, I love the rest of the art style for Viper.

2 Likes

I have no idea where to leave this feedback, but in the future, we need some more awesome green support troops that AREN’T Green/Blue. (Mercy, Tai-Pan, Apothecary, Giant Spider, Glitterclaw, Captain Skullbeard, Green Slime, Monkey Disciple, etc. etc.)

3 Likes

Very weak 3rd trait for Viper. Should be like Kraken or Hydra (3 damage to all enemies)

4 Likes

Wth happened with that 3rd trait, it is aweful. 1/4 of the damage of Krakens’ while also firing much less often.

5 Likes

I think since Kraken was nerfed multiple times we aren’t going to see that trait rear its head again.

Yeah, I love the design and art, too, but I just cannot stop looking at the hand.:see_no_evil:

That exactly and I also think that the devs are aware that an aimed Charm is already pretty much powerful in itself. We all noticed that the devs have gotten very fond of pitting us against incredibly powerful foes (raid, invasion, pet rescue) with HUGE attack numbers. Viper will shine in those modes (well, if he’s able to participate, that is. Kingdom limits and all…).

Its activation trigger got changed, and even so it still activates significantly more often than an ‘ally casts’ trait on average.
Either way Krakens’ trait was only brought up because they seem similar, This unique trait is really really aweful compared to any legendary trait that is considered good right now. That is almost Shadow Dragon trait levels of bad.

1 Like

The Naga troop type always reminds me of “Sarigar” from the comic book Alien Legion.

Speaking of things always reminding me of something… that word “viper” will momentarily conjure up that episode, “The Viper is Coming,” from the 80s animated series G.I. Joe.

Pardon my fleeting geekdom. :grinning:

I must now gather myself for what is sure to be a troll job by the RNG, if attempts at Ubastet are to be any indication… ugh. :expressionless:

Tai-pan doesn’t look like a taipan and Viper doesn’t look like a viper.

Also:

SIGH. Come on! Its literally a cross between Mercy and Naga Queen. Except weaker.

Also said about Viper’s third trait being poor as hell.

5 Likes

Great, another empowered troop that changes the board with Infernus colors

1 Like

Does Viper do her damage before charm? I’m hoping she charms first otherwise if she kills the spell target will the charm fizzle?