Slight improvement on console meta team

I very specifically try not to be. So I was a bit confused. But I do agree with you, entirely. It’s a lot like playing MtG these days, but a more narrow field of choice. There’s no originality, and if you’re using something, 100% chance someone else is, too.

1 Like

Yeah I re-read it and it looked like I was being a jerk specifically to you, sorry.

I am not sure how they could increase creativity though - especially without ruining the balance of the game.

Give it time and more troop releases. Things are actually pretty well balanced at the moment. Granted, some things are slightly above power curve (Khorvash, looking at you), but nothing is as absolutely broken as MercyMaw was. Or is, for Console.

Depending on the speed of the new releases in the " console catch up schedule" you guys could see some more variety because some players that are unaware would probably use a lot of resources getting some troops while missing others. But considering that a fair number of competitive console players are aware of the upcoming changes, maybe it wouldn’t change a lot in the highest ranks of PVP.

Absolutely. I feel the game is very well balanced considering the number of troops already available. Maintaining that may get in the way of creativity.

Alternatives to colour transformers, soul/map generators etc might be a start.

If we do catch up by xmas we will need an average of up to 10 troops per week… should cause enough mayhem to create more variety.

But based on PC users it doesnt help players to be more creative

Well, there is no bonus for being creative, but fast/great rewards for being effective. At certain point once you are at least maxed out on souls, a long term goal that i’m facing, it would open new horizons in team building i think.

If i’m not mistaken you guys at consoles are about to get some cool changes for Mist of Scales and Zul’kari troops, it does open new doors for creative teams.

Next up is Mab and Mythics… as far as we can tell. Will start seeing mostly Mab teams; dont envisage more than a handful of people unlocking Mythics… The volume of player (with resources) just isn’t there

Well i do have to admit i dont know two of those cards and didnt expect them to be that overpowered untill i actually looked it up, i guess console will just get a nerf patch. Games like these really shouldnt have metas, the strenght of gems of war is deckbuilding, if everyone conforms to a single optimal build then what is left to do? And dont say counter deck it because theres no counter against unbalanced things, so yeah apoligies… i didnt know it was this ridiculous.

Thats because of the lopsided scale between (established especially) guild-oriented players and layedback/soloist players (which was the main point in my shock reading about that playing players being rewarded for their activity was a bad thing…concerning tasks) Oh and my teams generic? WHAT… I was the first person who even used knight coronet on console to begin with for godsake while everyone else was still using sheggra or celestasia decks…

@Ivar Could you elaborate on that mist of scales part because i really dont want any changes to miststalker since that is my favorite troop in my best deck the way he is. (man i really need to figure out how to quote multiple peoples posts i guess ill just keep to using @ .)

Metagaming is unavoidable in almost any genre. Deckbuilding late game is a lot more limited, but there is far more than just this in terms of strength. There are also Mab teams, Dragon teams are occasionally fairly strong. Bombot, which is VERY new and a thing console won’t see for a while is a freaking COMMON and there are some really strong teams built around it… There are a few options. But sadly, making everything viable and playable just isn’t a thing that can really happen after level 200 or so.

Some teams WILL be stronger than others. It’s unavoidable. But then there are thing like Amira, Manticore, and Spirit Fox, which are meant to be a counter to certain things and keep a tighter control strategy in effect. Then you have mixes of Gorgotha and whatever. Famine gets used a bunch. There are a lot of different teams, but there are a finite number of them.

The clear speed of some invasion teams is nuts though. ~45 second matches are normal once you get later in the game. One or two turns is all it takes. That’s what the scaling is like.

Also, in regards to [quote=“wskill, post:51, topic:12980”]
how to quote multiple peoples posts
[/quote]

You highlight someone’s text and click quote reply, like this [quote=“Robert, post:49, topic:12980”]
Next up is Mab and Mythics.
[/quote]

You can also partial quote posts that way

I dont know a single card you named tbh, even thought you meant chimaera when you said manticore but thats probably cause of back when i still played heroes of might and magic in the early 90s.
I really dont like the prospect of such overpowered one man army cards flooding console. i rather see gow be alot more selective when it comes to that in favor of balance even if it upsets some people who want to run their optimal pc teams and dominate console or something… It IS avoidable, but it depends on the will of devs, and their insight. I used to admin for shards(servers) of ultima online with my main task being balance, so i know how much of a walk on a wire it is. Lets just repeat what my creed used to be; downward balancing is key. As in never buff weakness, always nerf that which is overpowered, the consequence otherwise is that you end up with one man army mechanics i referred to already, in the case of gow; cards that singlehandedly win the match… and that narrows gameplay …all the way untill there is none left but to “reach the meta”.

Empowered, Impervious mana drain.

I meant Manticore. These are all things that you will soon be getting.

Here are a few more of the things I mentioned

Queen Mab

Amira

Emp. Khorvash

Spirit Fox

Famine

Bombot

I left out Gorgotha, because Gorgotha has existed since forever and is available on consoles.

Well you don’t need to worry, Miststalker will become better:

Mist Stalker
* Spell damage changed to true damage
* Spell now poisons enemy after damage.
* No longer gains 6 Life if spell kills the enemy. Instead now gains 3 Magic on enemy kill.

All the changes for Mist of Scales troops:

Edit: Just a reminder that at some point Scale Guard was changed again (can’t search the blog for now) because using 4 of him at Mythic was sort of OP and very common on defense.

Console got a bunch of Troops half fixed. Our Mist Stalker deals True Damage and gains Magic on a kill, but doesn’t Poison.

Vampire Lord is my favorite half fix. They changed his Traitstones to Purple/Brown but he still uses Red/Yellow Mana to charge.

Maw/IK/Mercy/Jarl is a better variation

Is there any way for me to take this other than a slap in the face? You are lucky I like you :stuck_out_tongue:

#Original Blue

Good to hear about the half fix… At least for the good half. :stuck_out_tongue:
Then in this case Miststalker is in line to get his poison at least, i suppose that Wskill fear was about any loss on damage/true damage on the troop. Sorry about that, didn’t crossed all the information of both plataforms.

1 Like

Pretty sure I just tea bagged you with that one.

Of course you like me; you’re a nut, I’m a nut, we are just two big juicy nuts.

I still slightly prefer Sheggra to Jarl; IK without Sheggra is like a sack with just one ball. Though the general principle is very similar anyway.

Weird, miststalker already has that, thats the stalker i meant anyway, glad i dont have to worry about that changing.

Hes a piledriver teamed with wight.