Skeleton key fails to grant extra turn

xbox one

videos:

https://streamable.com/s3zk4

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
skeleton key is supposed to grant an extra turn on enemy kill but did not.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It usually works but I’ve noticed it not work these 2 times today.

Steps to make it happen again
Not sure.

I swear it’s random. Even with a double kill on Goblins, I still failed to get the extra turn. The game has some issues with bugs such as 4 or 5 matches not granting extra turns, enemies getting extra turns on 3 matches… so many problems that seem to happen out of nowhere.

Just a wild guess. Maybe it has something to do with hunter’s mark?

I would bet that it’s something to do with that lag.
I generally restart the game every time I take tribute, so I never encountered something like this, and I used Skeleton key in about 1500 battles since it came out

I observed this as well:

The key will not give an extra turn, if the Tier IX weapon upgrade (deal 5 damage to the last enemy) is the reason for the death of an enemy.

1 Like

I am shocked, SHOCKED! to hear that upgrading a weapon makes it worse.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: ignore the entire weapon upgrade system and you’ll have a better gameplay experience.

There’s no reason to ignore the first five upgrade tiers. Stat boosts are always welcome, as long as they are not magic boosts on a weapon that doesn’t use magic :upside_down_face: (but at least those are neutral). After that, though, there be dragons.

Dont make it worse lol.

You only get the extra turn if the “base damage” kill at least one.

The 5 damage extra are a bonus and defo i like more a dead enemy without extra turn (upgraded weapon) than a barely but still alive enemy AND no extra turn anyway (non upgraded weapon).

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that trait doesn’t hit the first troop and if the troop on top dies but then the second one dies at the bottom, that must be the reason it cancels out the extra turn which, in itself, is a major downgrade.

And i am pretty sure you spend too much time here (np though, rented a boat now) and not enough in game.

Am using the skel key 99% of the time now and seen that thing happen an handful of times and ONLY when both troops survived first hit and the LAST get finished by the extra 5 damage that btw happen at the very end, almost delayed seem sometimes.

However, if with enough tears over nothing we can get the skel key buffed (1:1 as damage boost would be better) and why not? maybe also a “empowered” for egg thief i wont cry x sure, so feel free to go on lmao.

Beside a little use of common sense tell me it work as intended, the extra turn is part of the base spell so only make sense if work only with it.

Well, sailing for another dock now, hf.

The weapon is not upgraded.

1 Like

I noticed that as well, which made me more certain that it was in fact a bug. I also had a look at the troop health and gold count beforehand.

I don’t think

holds up to scrutiny.

@Micio was your post in reply to Lissandra?

I think it’s probably something to do with the lag as well, although who knows. I hope it gets fixed for you(/everyone)! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s just great, it would be nice to respect all skeletons because we keep your organs in the right place, but noooooo… Not even Skeleton Key receives proper attention it deserves…

This is outrageous!!!

1 Like

Hi @Korgoth Your videos won’t load for me, can you try uploading them somewhere else? Or if they’re on your Xbox profile, can you PM me your gamer tag and make your profile public so I can see them?

Also, just a general reminder that if you’re posting feedback about the bug to please do so in the feedback or gameplay discussion sections of the forum and not in the bug report itself, just so it makes it easier for devs to find important information and help :slight_smile:

1 Like

They seemed to have automatically been embedded when I made the post. Will they load for you as a link?
https://streamable.com/yqzzw
https://streamable.com/s3zk4

1 Like

I’ve had it happen a few times myself and one of the times was with the first troop dying but the last troop surviving with about 4 health. The ‘upgrade’ triggered and killed the last troop then suddenly, the enemy took their turn. That’s why I feel like the weapon upgrades for it are not great.

Although it could also just be a lot of lag, especially for those who play it consistently or just plow through the one day delve events since even extra turns have failed in the past as well.

1 Like

Thank you!!! The links worked and you have successfully captured not getting an extra turn (not an easy feat!) \o/

I have passed the video and other details onto the team.

If anyone else is able to provide video of this happening please still do so!

1 Like

This is still happening, actually fairly frequently. Is there a fix in the works?

Happened to me about 30 minutes ago. Definitely not related to the weapon upgrade. The weapon killed both troops and I was not frozen, but no extra turn was given. It’s jarring when it happens.

Happening on PS4 too, a lot!