Single Troop Defenses

I think everyone is conflating two issues:

1. There’s a problem with the meta and, really at the heart of it, a problem with the way Defense is treated in general.
  2. 1-troop defenses was clearly an exploit that enabled players to get resources more quickly/easily. It needed to be closed. It got closed. That’s as it should be.

Is there still a problem with #1? Yes. Definitely. But I think it does a disservice to #1 when it’s conflated with #2.

The Events system was supposed to help with this but it largely did not. Sometimes it does (I saw a lot of Divine teams last week after never seeing them otherwise) but more often than not it has no effect and can even make a bad situation worse (oh those Beasts…). Clearly something needs to be done to address the way Defenses work.

There are some very good suggestions in the Guild Wars - Master Concerns List thread I started, and I know I’ve read them elsewhere, so I suggest trying to keep it civil and constructive. To be honest, I’m pretty disappointed with how downhill the community has gone since the release of GW.

14 Likes