Guild Wars - Master Concerns List

Hi All,

Since I seem to be the biggest fan of lists on the forums, and this one (hopefully) won’t go on indefinitely, I figured I’d start a thread to consolidate concerns per the suggestion of a couple of forum goers. (Mostly b/c I’m having problems keeping track myself so I assume the devs are too!)

Let’s keep it civil and constructive (suggested fixes welcome)!

1. Do something to encourage greater defense variety. (No copies of troops? Better points for using unorthodox teams? Better points for the attacker for beating a FotM team?)
  2. Don’t require us to play on any one day. (Give all points at start of week?)
  3. Make bracket movement more transparent/intuitive (I.e., #5 top scorer on first bracket shouldn’t get demoted).
  4. Stop resetting our defence teams at the start of each week. (Unsure if it’s a bug, or intended, but on Monday reset, all my GW defences revert to whatever my PvP defence is at that moment.)
  5. Show how many battles (out of the 150 max) the enemy guild has done, so we can compare progress.
  6. Make the Sentinels upgrades register far quicker (how on earth are they so slow) - or allow some buttons to upgrade them all at once, like all sentinels +1 at once.
  7. Enable us to see how our defenses are performing.
  8. Make the last battle last decisive (by reducing the base points).
16 Likes
  1. Stop resetting our defence teams at the start of each week. Unsure if it’s a bug, or intended, but on Monday reset, all my GW defences revert to whatever my PvP defence is at that moment.

2. Show how many battles (out of the 150 max) the enemy guild has done, so we can compare progress.

3. Make the Sentinels upgrades register far quicker (how on earth are they so slow) - or allow some buttons to upgrade them all at once, like all sentinels +1 at once…

5 Likes

If every player has to set 5 defense teams(new menu), where one have to use differently troops in each team. It is totally random which team anyone who invade you gets.

1 Like

Actually the defense teams occasionally reset randomly at any moment during the week.

1 Like

Interesting idea. Maybe extend that to all PvP. Though it probably makes it into easy mode…

Just now I see this is about GW, my idea was for PvP.

Added these @Jainus!

Btw, I have mixed opinions about calling out specific troops here. I think the “defense variety” captures the issues with specific troops.

However, it’s also a much larger and more difficult issue. Tackling some of the worst offenders (Famine, Deathmark, & FG/Kerby) would definitely help short-term. (Plus 2 of the 3 have already been acknowledged by the devs and I think it’s important to give them credit where credit is due.)

2 Likes

#3, transparency of the rules of the competition is\ #1 on my list. Without that, everything else is moot.

This is something that Nim has already said is on the list, but for the sake of completeness, another item that’s been mentioned frequently is the ability to see how your defense actually performs.

1 Like

I won’t be rank ordering these since we have no idea how much effort is involved, which might change our calculus. That said, adding the defense visibility, thanks!

1 Like

When they added PvP team scores, I swore they were going to adjust troop values based on Popularity/Strength of troop.

Right now, every Mythic Level 20 Fully traited troop seems to be weighted exactly the same. This doesn’t do any good for a dynamic match making system.

If Famine would adjust up, due to popularity, and other less powerful troops adjusted down, then match making could adjust for various team compositions. Want to face the highest team scores at the top, then field all meta. Want to field a fun team for defense, then your score is a bit lower, but you won’t be facing all meta teams.

Those facing the highest meta point teams, should be earning many more points in PvP then those facing lesser teams. Yet PvP points, Gold, Glory, etc, don’t adjust, because the team scores don’t adjust based on strength of units, only on Level/Traits/Ascension, which we know doesn’t show the true power of troops like Famine and Gar’nok.

3 Likes

I agree with this 100%. We’re currently engaged in a “competition” without any clear rules specified on what gets you to bracket 1 (where the highest rewards are handed out)…

Put some skin in the game for defense teams - to reduce the RNG of X2Famine/Death/Penitent/Death Knight combos. A small but useful number of points to promote real engagement. It’s very unfair to new players, even those of us who have been around who don’t have ANY Death, Famine, War troops.

or
Limit the number of pure Mythics (those that start as Mythics) to 1 per defense team.

or

Add more points on loss for going up against such teams. Especially since 4 Death Marked because you have to kill Death Knight and all explode is pure RNG. That’s not strategy.

It really gets old 25 out of the 30 battles last week were Death/Famine combos.

Add additional bonus for using this week’s kingdom/troops in Offense points

Re-think Immune - Protection - Shield. - There is not enough cards in each color that can actually do something to support a team. Ya you have War goat out there that in some PVP battles actually could be useful. But in GW, it is taking up valuable space for an attacker.

You are stuck with either or situations with a lot of first position cards on both Defense and Offense teams. There isn’t any card that can deflect % skull damage & is armor piercing.

And last but not least, re-word the skip because honestly, again 25 our 30 battles last week were Death/Famine and - I really just get tired of it.

1 Like

This is a great idea! It seems like it might be easier to address it from the angle of “more points for a win” since it is only a modification to the point scoring system. I think the only issue I see is that it doesn’t help out with PvP.

1 Like

While I agree it doesn’t help with PVP… Guild Wars has a bit more skin in ranking for whole guilds and placement for the next week in the groupings. Where PVP is individual ranking and guilds just collect trophies and move up for additional perks.

Part of the reason gw defence teams reset is because the daily color bonus changes each week. Day 1 this week is Purple but next week it may be Red. If players have a defense team that targets purple gems/ troops then they don’t want that to be used on day one next week verses a red team.

Not saying there isn’t room for improvement, but there is a reason for the current defense reset.

6 Likes

But what is the reason to change the color of the day each week?

To try and limit the monotony.

Well at least this list was able to get an answer #4

I don’t see how having the Purple day on Sunday on one week and then on Friday the week after will change anything in terms of monotomy… I guess same days are more difficult than others but is it really enough to have this reset?

Whatever it shouldn’t be that difficult to put back the good defense on the good color day better than a reset… there are only 6 days…

1 Like