Sign the petition to get GW back

It’s been almost 5 months since GW was removed, more than enough time for even a single programmer to fix the situation. It means there is no imminent will to do so.

Since the only language that interests the company is monetization, our only weapon is to stop making in-game purchases and stop playing to be listened.
I think that leaving another 4 months (until September) to resolve the situation is an acceptable compromise after which I definitively quit the game.

If you also agree, “sign” commenting on this post with your invite code and I will add you to the following list:

1. CAVA90_E1XA
  2. DARKSCYTHE_4NIM

I think it’s the only way we can make our voices heard

7 Likes

They already decided they won’t fix GW. They’ll recreate from scratch. Not sure if even September will be a viable deadline.

3 Likes

Id sign a petition to not bring it back :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Unfortunately I know, I was trying to undermine their only interest in us
It may be useless but it costs nothing to try
At least we can say we tried
But if no one adds, no chance that they will even read the post

1 Like

If we all stop playing, there is a much cheaper solution. Simply announce the game’s closure on all platforms.

Unfortunately, this is the route I suspect would be taken rather than it being seen as feedback worth listening to.

2 Likes

Consider this my signature
DARKSCYTHE_4NIM

1 Like

Do you really think they care! They don’t.
We made a list of the things they need to focus on and correct. So many empty promises and many unwanted changes that led to many unhappy customers and many felt they needed to leave.

Several of my guild members left the game after being with this game from the very beginning of the game.

I hope they fix many these issues and bring back the game that we all love and enjoy.

Devs please refer to our improvements list if you are interested and care.

Best of luck to everyone

6 Likes

This is exactly what is already happening: many players have abandoned in recent months due to the lack of GW, if the devs intend to close the servers they are on the right path, this post will not be the one to change the players’ intentions.
Only actions by the devs can change this trend and this post is the last resort before abandoning definitively (not that I have much hope but it costs nothing to try)

Surely as long as there are only two of us providing our code they won’t even read it, if everyone interested wrote their code maybe (and it’s a gigantic maybe) they could pay attention driven by the possible loss of earnings

Maybe the other 138 people who read this thread aren’t bothered about GW returning?

8 Likes

The implication with my post is, allegedly, the devs don’t care about this game or how many players are leaving. While I don’t mean to spread misinformation, the inaction and lack of communication don’t make me optimistic about the future of this game.

In my opinion, which isn’t necessarily fact, the game is in its final days and it’s unlikely the devs will do anything to fix that before they pull the plug on the servers. This is only speculation though.

2 Likes

Using the old system, there are 300 Bracket 1 people who are the die-hard GW players and want to see it back. Some have left the game, some are still around. Me, personally after 7 years in this game couldn’t give a crap if it comes back. I’m referring to the PC/Mobile base for this post.

1 Like

I think exactly like you. Just wanted to see if there are other people interested in getting GW back and trying to get something together from the devs before quitting

While you’re welcome to your opinion, this sentiment has been around for years from dissatisfied players. Following spoilers, we can see the game is soon to receive another massive PvP update. Without getting into specifics, I can tell you from the Beta that this isn’t some small end-of-life quality update. It’s not a sign of a dying game.

12 Likes

200+ forum members have viewed this thread now, Only 2 have “signed the petition.”

Creating this thread maybe just shows the devs that only a minor percentage of players want it back? :thinking:

5 Likes

I’d be very cautious insofar as conflating the expressed sentiments of the Forums crowd here as being any way representative of the opinion of the player base at large. We’re an active minority and frequently a loud one, but we’re a miniscule fraction of the overall player base. Most of whom I suspect don’t spend anywhere near as much time and money on the game as we do, assuming that they spend any money at all or play more than a couple of minutes every day or three.

And this goes double for all of the doomsayer threads in this forum, the ones talking about how far downhill this game has gone over the umpteen years it has been around. Think about this for a moment: How many games can you find somewhere like the Android app store that are meager copycats of this one, games that have much harsher P2W paradigms and don’t last very long before they disappear, with the scammer publisher having made a quick cash grab and then waiting a while to release another feeble clone under a different name (and likely company name) to run the gimmick all over again?

These publishers do a number of things “less than well”, but they can be viewed as saints on the relative scale.

7 Likes

I hope so :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear your perspective on this topic. Although players have quit left and right, nothing I’ve said is definitive. Also, contrary to how I sound at times, I’m actually hoping to see this game continue to expand for years to come.

In fact, given the updates we’ve received so far, I believe you. I should know quite well by this point what a dying game looks like and none of the recent updates are suggestive of that. I once played a game where the writing was truly on the wall and Gems of War is far from being at that point. It’s still seeing some success.

The players that are quitting still have me concerned, but I’m looking forward to future updates. To be fair, regardless of what we’re seeing, a massive surge in new players is possible at any time and veterans can always return.

My opinion is influenced by the information I know about and the information I know about is incredibly limited.

All things considered, as long as the game is around, I’ll be playing it. I’m not as dissatisfied as other players.

2 Likes

People have been leaving for years now. There is no way to say how many people left due to no GW compared to burn out or a different change in the game. With how small GW is being only 30 battles a month most people that were only around due to GW would have quit a long time ago instead of playing 3 weeks out of every month without the one thing that they enjoy in the game. When you have one other person signing your petition out of 255 people that clicked on this topic and who know how many more that skipped over it I think it is pretty safe to say a lot of people don’t want GW back.

I would be careful about doing petitions, polls etc because if the devs see just how small the amount of players that actually want GW is they may stop wasting time and money on a mode no one wants and instead that on a mode people will actually enjoy.

Not making changes in 5 months and planning to do something in the future for me already corresponds to not ‘‘wasting time and money’’ on their part

My statement was very specific: if GW doesn’t return in four months I will stop playing. It’s normal that no one is interested, then add that most of the B1 players don’t even open the forum