Server issues today? (October 24 2016)

I’m still having problems. Steam won’t sync (with cloud?) and the game won’t load now.

Well I’m getting a bit fed up now - yet another battle won and being told it has already finished. Giving up for today :frowning: . Think I’ll go and read a book.

What was your reason for editing the title of the thread?

Oh the innuendo was inappropriate for a friends kids :+1: :scream:

Also it doesn’t look like anyone actually pinged @Sirrian or @Nimhain so I guess I’ll be the jerk to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good morning all (or evening/afternoon/night for appropriate timezones),

Well THAT was unexpected!
Sorry for the lack of response, but I wasn’t in the office.

I actually sat here in the office monitoring the servers through our peak usage period (2am AEDT), and waited until 3:30am AEDT. Everything was looking good, when I left, but apparently some problems occurred at 3:50am AEDT and then happened intermittenly 4 times over the next 5 hours for about 10-15 minutes each time.
Things seem to be back on track now however.

Andrew, our Tech Lead, is currently allocating a big bunch of extra database resources.

We’ve also identified 2 problem pieces of server code that caused the issue (involving guild weekly reset & guild tasks). I’m going to work on rewriting those today.

10 Likes

Also the gold tracking incorrectly on weekly totals has popped up again.

1 Like

We’re just adding a bunch more database resources to cope with the load.

There’ll be some lag for a minute or two as we roll over to the new servers, so don’t be alarmed!

4 Likes

5 Likes